ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The 2009-2010 Arsenal Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/782463-the-2009-2010-arsenal-thread.html)

jasey 29 September 2009 09:59 PM

Left it late - but will take a 2-0 win over a 2-0 loss ;):D

Funkii Munkii 29 September 2009 11:01 PM

Ya bitch :lol1:

Fiorentina of all people :lol1:

jasey 30 September 2009 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 8970467)
Ya bitch :lol1:

Fiorentina of all people :lol1:

:lol1:

I was once taken on a horse & cart ride through Florence and the driver was an Ultra - let's just say it was exciting :eek:

Bravo2zero_sps 30 September 2009 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by jasey (Post 8970321)
Left it late - but will take a 2-0 win over a 2-0 loss ;):D

Same old story just can't finish the chances. 22 shots at goal but only scored twice, shocking. I'll leave it there before going off on another rant, like you say it's 3 points in the bag which is more than can be said for Liverpool :lol1:

AbbasSTI 01 October 2009 09:25 AM

Come on lads, 13 years of selflessly giving his all to the club.

3 cheers for Arsene :luxhello: :luvlove:

HIP HIP

Bravo2zero_sps 01 October 2009 09:50 AM

:lol1: he is not getting a hooray from me until he wins another trophy - 4 seasons is too long :razz: He needs to get his wallet out and stop playing 4-5-1 as it's a useless formation.

AbbasSTI 01 October 2009 10:05 AM

He's playing 4-5-1 / 4-3-3, very much like Barca imo with Rosicky and Arshavin especially getting well forward. It will be the best formation when we have Theo and Nasri back. Then anyone of the four can replace Abou in the centre. :thumb:

Give the man a HOORAY (please)

STi wanna Subaru 01 October 2009 10:24 AM

Wenger used to hate teams playing 4-5-1 against his side. Ironic really. Top manager though and his battles with Fergie made the prem for a few years.

Bravo2zero_sps 01 October 2009 11:11 AM

Those are the times I expect Arsenal to be back to (and to have never left) and when we are then I will be happy once again with Wenger. For me going from those times to where we are now simply isn't acceptable and Wenger and the Board are to blame for that as they have never replaced Henry, Bergkamp, Pires or the Vieira/Gilberto partnership. That is why we are no longer up there with Utd at the end of every season and have no silverware in the last 4 years. I don't care about the pretty football it's got us no where.

AbbasSTI 01 October 2009 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 8972900)
Those are the times I expect Arsenal to be back to (and to have never left) and when we are then I will be happy once again with Wenger. For me going from those times to where we are now simply isn't acceptable and Wenger and the Board are to blame for that as they have never replaced Henry, Bergkamp, Pires or the Vieira/Gilberto partnership. That is why we are no longer up there with Utd at the end of every season and have no silverware in the last 4 years. I don't care about the pretty football it's got us no where.

Imho you are a **** fan. Song and fabregas, is there a better midfield partnership in the PL? Arshavin RVP EDuardo and Theo who's strike force would you prefer? Fat **** rooney and berba? Vermi and gallas have been excellent. Sagna and clichey again imho the best in there positions in PL. The weak link is abou but he too must have something I am missing as.arsene rates him and arsene knows.
Henry / Arshavin
Bergkamp / RVp
Pires / nasri or rosicky or theo
Viera + Gilberto / song + fabregas

Bravo2zero_sps 02 October 2009 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by brownface (Post 8974392)
Imho you are a **** fan. Song and fabregas, is there a better midfield partnership in the PL? Arshavin RVP EDuardo and Theo who's strike force would you prefer? Fat **** rooney and berba? Vermi and gallas have been excellent. Sagna and clichey again imho the best in there positions in PL. The weak link is abou but he too must have something I am missing as.arsene rates him and arsene knows.
Henry / Arshavin
Bergkamp / RVp
Pires / nasri or rosicky or theo
Viera + Gilberto / song + fabregas

:lol1: you haven't got a bloody clue :cuckoo: The fact you think RVP is a suitable replacement for Dennis Bergkamp, the greatest player that has ever played for Arsenal is hilarious. RVP is a waste of space, we had 22 shots at goal the other night with that idiot up front and we scored only 2 goals. Eduardo and Vela are far better prospects than that self important over rated tw4t. The same goes for Bendtner, utter rubbish. We do not have a Torres, Drogba or Rooney and haven't had since Henry was sold for a pittance - less than Darren Bent went to Spurs for :rolleyes:

You think Song is the best defensive midfielder in the Premiership? Again completely deluded as is thinking Song is a like for like replacement for Vieira. He is much improved this season but not a patch on the Vieira and Gilberto days.

Arshavin is a midfield player if you hadn't noticed so not a replacement for Henry although his creativity and goals go some way to replace that lost when Bergkamp retired. Arshavin is quite possibly a replacement at last for the lost talents of Bergkamp.

Is there a better midfield in the Premiership? Yes, Ballack and Essien at Chelsea just for starters. Two massively experienced and highly successful international players.

Vermaelen and Arshavin have been our best players and it proves my argument that buying experienced and successfull players is the way forward as those two are the latest and only purchases for a while and are by far and away better than any of the youngsters in the squad.

Your statement above completely ignores what an amazing squad we had at the beginning of this decade and how successful we were. Those are the times we should never have declined from and when players left or retired they should have been replaced with equal quality and experience. They weren't and Wenger persited with youth and in doing so we have not won a single trophy under that policy. Only now when he has finally conceded he had to buy experienced players in Arshavin and Vermaelen are we seeing some strength coming back into the side. However the addition of 2 experienced players is not enough and he needs to buy more. This isn't just my opinion but one also expressed by tv pundits on MOD or on Sky Sports when commenting on Arsenal games.

What Wenger did up to 2004 was superb and I will always remember the team we had winning those trophies as at the time I think it was one of the best teams in World football. Until he gets the current team back to that same quality I wont be happy with his policies of youth over buying experience.

Funkii Munkii 02 October 2009 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 8914777)
Fcuk me :lol1:

Seems Ashley has a contender in the Arsenal camp. :cuckoo: Jasey you may have to give up your "CFH" for Brownpants :lol1:

I feel it's necessary to repeat the above after todays coments.

DG was a genius whereas RVP is a lightweight made of balsa wood.

Song and Vieira in the same sentence, hysterical..

CFH = Clueless from Highbury (Roger the Nouveau football fan from the Fast Show) for uninitiated :thumb:

AbbasSTI 02 October 2009 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 8974516)
:lol1: you haven't got a bloody clue :cuckoo: The fact you think RVP is a suitable replacement for Dennis Bergkamp, the greatest player that has ever played for Arsenal is hilarious. RVP is a waste of space, we had 22 shots at goal the other night with that idiot up front and we scored only 2 goals. Eduardo and Vela are far better prospects than that self important over rated tw4t. The same goes for Bendtner, utter rubbish. We do not have a Torres, Drogba or Rooney and haven't had since Henry was sold for a pittance - less than Darren Bent went to Spurs for :rolleyes:

I agree with the RVP not being as good as Eddie or Vela. He needs to watch a few more Ian Wright DVD's and sort his attitude out a bit and he will start banging them in.
As for not having a Torres Dogba or Spooney, this is why I think your a **** fan. As far as attacking players we are in a better position than the other three. You would swap Arshavin, Theo, Eddie, RVP, Vela, Rosicky, Nasri, Bendtner & Fabregas for Torres Gerrard and Voronin? Or Spooney (0.43 goals/game for Utd in PL or 0.37 gls/game for club) and Berba and Owen & Giggs and Valencia & nani?

Henry wanted to go therefore he went, Darren Bents selling price is irrelevant.

You think Song is the best defensive midfielder in the Premiership?

Yes, stronger and with a better temperament than Mascherano.

Again completely deluded as is thinking Song is a like for like replacement for Vieira. He is much improved this season but not a patch on the Vieira and Gilberto days.

The game has changed, we play a different system. If you need two defensive midfielders in your team I think Bolton play that way.

Arshavin is a midfield player if you hadn't noticed so not a replacement for Henry although his creativity and goals go some way to replace that lost when Bergkamp retired. Arshavin is quite possibly a replacement at last for the lost talents of Bergkamp.

Don't pigeon hole my players, Arshavin can play anywhere.

I need to do some work now but the rest of your post is BS anyway, Ballack and essien for starters? Where were you going from there? I would still prefer Fabregas and Song.

Bravo2zero_sps 02 October 2009 09:06 AM

:lol1: Funkii is on the money again :thumb:

STi wanna Subaru 02 October 2009 09:46 AM

Too many French and Africans in the Arsenal squad. Both sets of players are temperamental and generally lazy. You need some good old British grit and spirit in there. United have lost talent but it's the home grown players who are fighting for the cause at the mo and making United a force still.

jasey 02 October 2009 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 8974527)

I feel it's necessary to repeat the above after todays coments.

DG was a genius whereas RVP is a lightweight made of balsa wood.

Song and Vieira in the same sentence, hysterical..

CFH = Clueless from Highbury (Roger the Nouveau football fan from the Fast Show) for uninitiated :thumb:

I feel my crown has a more fitting owner :lol1:

I don't think you can blame Arsene for Arsenal's current situation - He's done pretty well to keep Arsenal in the top 4 given the Boards current "direction".

Not sure we're going to be in the top 4 at the end of this season :(

AbbasSTI 02 October 2009 01:05 PM

Bettorlogic PlayerPro

The stats show we don't do as well with RVP. With him we win 47% and without him we win 72% of games.
Same goes for Diaby: with 45% without 63%

We all knew this anyway but the most shocking one was Eboue : With 71% without 42%

jasey 02 October 2009 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by brownface (Post 8975058)
Bettorlogic PlayerPro

The stats show we don't do as well with RVP. With him we win 47% and without him we win 72% of games.
Same goes for Diaby: with 45% without 63%

We all knew this anyway but the most shocking one was Eboue : With 71% without 42%

The Stats show we have won fcuk all for 4 years :thumb:

STi wanna Subaru 02 October 2009 02:44 PM

Those stats are a load of old sh!te :D

DaveBeck 04 October 2009 06:06 PM

Good win today. we have a striker in defence :lol1:

welcome back theo :D

Aaron1978 04 October 2009 06:22 PM

Very good result today, was watching at 2-2 the missus made me get ready to go out and when i came downstairs it was 3-2. Went shopping and came back and it was bloody 6-2:eek:

Oh and Brownface is a comedy genius:D

Bravo2zero_sps 04 October 2009 09:15 PM

Fabregas played out of his skin today, best i've seen him play in a very long time. Vermaelen is something else, what a superb goal. All 6 goals were good today and I even had to eat my words when Bendtner scored after saying when he came on he couldn't hit a barn door :o

Good to see Theo come back and have an immediate impact and Rosicky is starting to show flashes of his previous brilliance, some good passing from him today and a few shots that were very close and just lacked the curl he used to put on them.

They need consistency though as the 2 Manchester games were shocking in comparison and we need to be beating those who are going to be at the top come the end of the season.

Shame Henry was only watching today - get your ar$e back to The Emirates Thierry!

Aaron1978 04 October 2009 09:43 PM

Reported today all be it by the News of the World that Veira is set to rejoin in january, £70k a week too.

Aaron:thumb:

AbbasSTI 05 October 2009 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 8979587)
Reported today all be it by the News of the World that Veira is set to rejoin in january, £70k a week too.

Aaron:thumb:

If it happens then great but I doubt it very much. We would struggle if Song was to get injured though and a fit again Viera would fill in nicely.

Even though we were playing a poor Blackburn side with no CB's, the result and the performance should boost morale and confidence. Hopefully among the players and the Subaru owning ($hit)fans :thumb:

Three cheers for WENGER

HIP HIP.............

Gav 05 October 2009 09:04 AM

They should have had a penalty and that could have completely changed the game. Lucky feckers:p :D

Bravo2zero_sps 05 October 2009 09:08 AM

:lol1: yeah of course just like the first 2 goals they scored stopped us/changed the game :lol1:

Gav 05 October 2009 09:17 AM

Still could have changed it;)

AbbasSTI 05 October 2009 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 8979944)
Still could have changed it;)

If Scholes got sent off for his persistent fouling or Richardson wasn't sent off for returning the ball maybe the United/Sunderland result would have been different? How did Rooney get away without a booking? filthy cheating scum bags :hjtwofing

DaveBeck 05 October 2009 01:22 PM

I heard Wenger had a dump before the game, imagine he didn't. Oh how things would of changed :lol1:

we smashed 6 past them and were never EVER under constant pressure. With big Sam in charge we know exactly how they play, route one and hard challenging.

Hasnt Vieira played for Inter in the CL? if so then thats a ball ache if he comes back.

Bravo2zero_sps 05 October 2009 01:57 PM

Well someone will be coming in January as we lose Song to the Africa Cup of Nations or what ever it is called. Vieira is a distinct possibility as it will be for the short term until Song comes back.