Notices
Private For Sale - Car Parts & Accessories Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

7" computer screen install for classic scooby

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2005, 02:55 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7" computer screen install for classic scooby

As I've just bought a new-age scooby, I need to sell my screen install to finance the purchase of another screen

So, I have 1 LinITX 7" touchscreen integrated into the centre surround from a my99 uk turbo impreza for sale.

The screen cost me about £180 new back in June, and the surround cost me £20 for the plastic and £70 for the work done on integrating it all.

Looking for £150 + postage, or will swap for motorized/non-motorized in dash 7" vga touchscreen.

Bear in mind, if your thinking of having a car-pc in your classic scooby, this is a very simple way to have the screen in a matter of minutes. All you would need to do is take out the present centre surround, relocate or unplug the bright switch/headlight beam/headlight wash switch (I had 2 of them relocated to the same bank of switches as the fog lights, and left the bright switch unplugged) then plug the cables in for the screen, fit the surround into the dash, and drive off

Some pictures:

The first shot that was taken by my mate doing the install, and integrating the screen mount into the centre mount.

the finished article, in all its glory, waiting to go in-car

In-car at last, and working a treat.

Better shot of the sytem in action

Please call me on 07792969577 or email as per profile. Any questions gladly answered.

Chris.