Notices
Private For Sale - Cars Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

For sale again - MR FQ340 :)

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2005, 03:40 PM
globalgb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For sale again - MR FQ340 :)

But this time for another EVO

Reposted into right forum this time

The car itself is Gunmetal Grey and it has 8002 (at time of writing) miles on the clock. However, it will receive its third service (9000 miles) slightly earlier so the new prospective owner doesnt have any immediate bills to deal with following their purchase of the car. Previous services were at 1000 and 4500 miles respectively (full receipts). I'm currently doing about 150 miles a week unless I take it out for the weekend (once/twice a month) which will bring upto about 300 miles weekly.

I have also taken the liberty of speaking to Alan from AS Performance to fit some decent wet weather type tyres and to also do the Geometry to best suit the car setup. Allan/Alan seems like a top fellow and definitely knows his stuff so its in good hands on that score.

Fitted is the optional Kenwood head unit and standard speaker setup but if you like your music I do advise that you get something decent installed. In addition to this I've kept the A046's so you can swap them back on for the warmer weather if it eventually decides to appear. They are approximately at half life (or less) because to be honest, I've probably never had more than 10-11 decent runs in the car so it has been driven like a fanny for the majority of its life.

The car was bought from Oakley Garages at Bishop Auckland in the month of July 2004 so the car is approximately 6-7 months old. The only modification done to the car so far is a decat which does make it a helluva lot faster to spool up and while I will be also supplying the original catalytic converter with the car I do advise that you keep using the decat for that 'little bit extra' enjoyment factor.

Warranty is still intact and you have about 2.5 years left on it - the clutch is still very sweet and if you treat it with the same mechanical sympathy that I have (ie dont ride the clutch, dont leave your hand on the gearstick, dont reverse/forward too quickly (wait a few secs!) and above all don't launch it at the traffic lights! <- Just let go of the clutch as normal at the normal revs and then bury the accelerator - thats enough for just about any vehicle you are going to encounter!) then it should last a great deal longer!

Also has the obligitary SmartNav and Tracker installed (not saying which one it is) - the SmartNav still has about 6 months left on the subscription but the tracker is for life not just for christmas so there is another bonus for you.

The car is currently taxed until the end of June 2005 so you have got another 6 months before you need to give some green to those money grabbing buggers commonly known as the 'government'.

The car alloys themselves do not have a mark on them (which makes a change for me) so no worries about getting a car that looks like part evo / part skip. No dents on the car, but there are a few stone chips on the front - but when you purchase a car that is capable of 155+ mph you should at least expect the odd chip now and then.

Bodywork care:

Weekly: Wash'n'Wax followed by an application of P21S Carnuba Wax (prior to this I used Swissol Concourso).
Monthly: Wash'n'Wax followed by KLASSE-All-In-One and finalised by P21S Carnuba Wax (again prior to this I used Swissol Concourso).

Finally, the number plate - I will be keeping the private number plate for my next evo but I will endevour to get another number plate on it before the sale of the car.

Damage wise:

I'm selling this car for 26,500 but for MLR and Lancer-Evo.net members and now ScoobyNet you can have it for 25,000 .

No PX and no offers - 25,000 plain and simple.

The total price of the car with options came to around 34,200 (have all invoices) so you are getting 9K knocked off the price for a 6 month old car, it doesnt get any better than this!

You can call me on 0784 159 1779 or you can an send email to me using the 'send email' button at the bottom of this message (I don't want to spammed with junk mail hence the reason why i'm not displaying it on this page).

By the way I'm from the North East.

And now, time for something completely different:

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~globalgb/mycar1.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~globalgb/mycar2.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~globalgb/mycar3.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~globalgb/mycar4.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~globalgb/mycar5.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~globalgb/mycar6.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~globalgb/mycar7.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~globalgb/mycar8.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~globalgb/mycar9.jpg
Old 25 January 2005, 04:19 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Nice add, nice car, nice price, good luck m8
Old 25 January 2005, 04:32 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Gorgeous!!! I'm getting more and more tempted with these everytime I see one.....
Old 25 January 2005, 08:48 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

Normally the tracker has to be paid again by the new owner. Or rather having just sold my car, the new owner can not get the "lifetime subscription" transferred. Having to pay again

Nice car BTW
Old 25 January 2005, 09:21 PM
globalgb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scratch
Normally the tracker has to be paid again by the new owner. Or rather having just sold my car, the new owner can not get the "lifetime subscription" transferred. Having to pay again

Nice car BTW
edited to not give the game away - er actually there is a way round it.
Old 26 January 2005, 08:03 AM
compshack
Scooby Regular

Just got one of these but in Silver, absolutley awsome car, very very rapid even manic. Leaves a STi with PPP for dead.
Great Car!!!
Old 01 February 2005, 01:13 AM
globalgb
Scooby Regular

Sorry for the omission of my email, its:

global_gb @ hotmail.com

(remove the spaces).

Cheers,

Mark
Old 01 February 2005, 01:39 AM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

Nice! If a little underpriced

Best of luck.

What you gettin' next?
Old 02 February 2005, 01:49 PM
globalgb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sticky Stuff
Nice! If a little underpriced

Best of luck.

What you gettin' next?
To be honest I've got it for sale on PistonHeads for 26.5k and have had a fair few serious enquiries, the 25k was really an offer for the mlr, lancer and scooby lads (and to hopefully sell it in double quick time).

I'm going for the EVO IX GSR import, originally went for the EVO IX GT but the RS transmission/drive train is too rough for my liking. Though the LSD component of the GT (as opposed to the AYC of the GSR) does appeal greatly.
Old 04 February 2005, 12:30 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by globalgb
To be honest I've got it for sale on PistonHeads for 26.5k and have had a fair few serious enquiries, the 25k was really an offer for the mlr, lancer and scooby lads (and to hopefully sell it in double quick time).

I'm going for the EVO IX GSR import, originally went for the EVO IX GT but the RS transmission/drive train is too rough for my liking. Though the LSD component of the GT (as opposed to the AYC of the GSR) does appeal greatly.
Why does the LSD appeal more than AYC?
Good luck with the sale
Old 04 February 2005, 12:32 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Also do you mind me asking why you're wasting quite alot of dosh on swapping a 8 for a 9? There c'ant be a huge difference between them