Notices
Private For Sale - Cars Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

2003 WRX FOR SALE ITS A BARGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2005, 06:42 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2003 WRX FOR SALE ITS A BARGAIN! NOW SOLD!

My very much loved and will be dearly missed MY03 WRX is now for sale.

The car is in excellent condition
25300 miles on the clock
UK Car
2 owners (Me and subaru uk)
FSSH inc underspray
Upgraded front Infinity Component Speakers
Mp3 CD Player
Afterburner Vortex Exhaust
Ebiach Lowering Springs (Fitted by powerstation)
Wheels have been recoloured anthracite and look awesome! No kerbing at all
Green panel filter
Tax till Oct
Mudflaps (Made by myslef but are pretty good)
Additional Security

Now The Bad Bits
It has the usual subaru stone chips to the front rest of bodywork is excellent and I have regularly given it a clay bar and meguiars treatment.
The reason I am selling the car is due to me being car jacked in it last week. I cannot now live with it so am going for a TDI. The car suffered no damage what so ever and the scum got less than 2 miles in it due to anti hijack. I have been told the car will show up as stolen recorded on a HPI check but as there was no damage will not affect sale values.

More pics will follow.

Im looking for offers around £13,000.00 I hope it goes to someone who will look after it as I have.
Otherwise the skoda dealers gonna get it.

No silly offers please Im hurting enough.

email rich@thorney.plus.com

Last edited by T-1000; 23 February 2005 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Car sold
Old 12 February 2005, 09:10 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

BTT
Old 12 February 2005, 10:42 PM
TheVoices
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Unhappy

[- I have been told the car will show up as stolen recorded on a HPI check but as there was no damage will not affect sale values.

[Not trying to provoke an argument, but if it shows as stolen recovered on HPi register it will affect the value whether damaged or not.
Old 13 February 2005, 12:16 AM
wheelwright
Scooby Regular

Its sad but true what "TheVoices" has said, its likely to be a cat d which does mean a
heavy impact on retail value.
Not wanting to sound harsh but if you can get more than 10k off the dealer my advice would be take his money as selling private could prove to be awkward.

Why, when no damage was done did the insurer have to be told about this incident ??
If they never paid out it shouldn't be on the Hpi.
Old 13 February 2005, 12:58 AM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

Im having alot of conflicting views on the whether the car is actually worth less. I have also spoken to my dealer and he said that if there is was no damage the car is not worth anything less. So to be honest Im really not sure if it is or not.

wheelwright
The insurance had to be told because basically the car was recovered by the police truck and the scum had taken my key so the car has had a new lock and key but that is all( I actually threw the key at them otherwise I would have had a right kicking). I dont know how much this would cost but more than my xs I would imagine. I cannot see how it will be a cat D as the insurance have not written it off?

If I only get 10K I will be seeking compensation from the insurance cause I was a the victim and all I seem to be getting is shat on from a vast height.
Old 13 February 2005, 09:06 AM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Talking

It's only a cat-d if it's a total loss, this wasn't as it was found.

I had a car stolen and recovered a few years back (missing 24hrs), I got it back fine, no adverse affects when I traded it in at a dealer either.

It will show as stolen recovered on a HPI check, nothing like being a cat-d though.

The only thing that's a steal about this car is the price!

Good luck selling, shame we can't have anti-jacking devices like they have in S.Africa
Old 15 February 2005, 12:21 AM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

BTT
Old 15 February 2005, 08:17 PM
dexter130
Scooby Newbie

Default wrx insurance status?

Originally Posted by T-1000
BTT
Hi,

Have you had confirmation from your insurance of what the score is HPI wise?

Also what have Skoda offered p/x, surely more than £10k.

I bet they would give you a good deal on my Golf if you fancied a swap it's VAG group afterall!

Derek.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v637/Dexter130/
Old 15 February 2005, 08:26 PM
Oldfella
Scooby Regular

T-1000 where abouts are you
Old 15 February 2005, 09:43 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

Hi Derek

Yes skoda have offered me a fair bit more than 10K. I have not firmed up a deal off them yet though. Probably this weekend. Sorry mate cant see the point in swapping to then trade in.

Oldfella you have PM.
Old 15 February 2005, 10:01 PM
TheVoices
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Exclamation

[Yes skoda have offered me a fair bit more than 10K. I have not firmed up a deal off them yet though. Probably this weekend. Sorry mate cant see the point in swapping to then trade in.]

To find out what value they really place on your car, see how much they are willing to knock off for no px. ie if they offer px value of £11k against list price or £2k off with no px they are really valuing it at £9k. I work in the trade (Jaguar Main Agent) and any car that shows up on HPi as stolen recovered would be worth much less as we could not retail the car without telling the next owner. How much would you expect to save if someone offered you a car which had been stolen and recovered compared to one which hadn't ? New Euro import at £16k or stolen recovered 2003 UK at £13k ? No contest ! As a rule of thumb we usually value anything showing on HPi at between 50 and 70 percent of trade value. If they genuinely offer you £10k or more bite their hand off. All the best with whatever you buy next.
Old 15 February 2005, 10:34 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

Hi TheVoices

Thanks for the advice the best deal ive had so far was from Lloyds Car Select who basically have offered me to swap mine for a new skoda fabia Vrs 11.5K. Would they have been likely to HPI my car before making an offer? Im going to the dealers the weekend to see what they offer.

If the car is less 50 to 70% less then how can the insurance not compensate me? Ive asked them and they have said it will not be categorized (not sure how its spelt) but will offer no money if the car is said to be worth less.
Old 15 February 2005, 10:52 PM
TheVoices
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Exclamation

They will probably post a contract for you to sign if you agree to the deal which will have 'small print' regarding accident damage and stolen recovered status. I'm sure they will also HPi the car as a matter of course before commiting to the deal. The small print on your insurance policy is likely to state that they will not compensate you for any loss of value after a claim, this is why they often pay out the market value of the car for Cat C and D write offs (which could be repaired and put back on the road),it's just easier than repairing it and dealing with irrate customers when they come to trade the vehicle in and discover its worth 'jack'. They will also use 'it's not our fault that the motor trade devalues your car because it was stolen and recovered' as a get out. The fact remains that if it has any adverse data on HPi, the car will be worth less than an identical car that doesn't. Just put yourself in the buyers shoes, he will want some financial advantage to consider buying such a car. If I can be of any help or offer a second opinion on a deal you're offered PM me jon@greenwood325i.freeserve.co.uk.
PS. Won't try to sell you a Jaguar unless you want one !!!!!
Old 15 February 2005, 11:02 PM
TheVoices
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Exclamation

If the car is less 50 to 70% less then how can the insurance not compensate me? Ive asked them and they have said it will not be categorized (not sure how its spelt) but will offer no money if the car is said to be worth less.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, ran out of space on previous reply. Didn't make myself clear. What I meant was, for example, car with trade value (CAP Black Book/ Glasses Guide) of £10,000 would only be valued at between £5,000 and £7,000 with adverse history (providing we could even get someone to underwrite the car). The older the car and the lower the cars actual value, the less relevant the adverse history would be when working out a trade price, ie if you had a 92 'K' plate WRX worth £2k trade value, it might only make £500 difference.

Hope all this is of use, not meant to be a sermon, just trying to help out a fellow Scooby Netter.
Old 18 February 2005, 11:55 AM
New_scooby_04

T1000

First of all can I just say how sorry I am that you've been forced to sell a car you were obviously very fond of owning to the Scum of the earth Carjackers.

My advice would be to stand firm around the 13k mark, that is a good price and you could argue that it takes into account the Stolen/recovered insurance status. The simple fact is that it was not damaged in any way and it shold be a cars age and condition which dictate price first and foremost.

BTTT for a great looking scooby with a history that neither the car or the owner asked for -or deserved- in any way!

All the best mate.
Old 18 February 2005, 06:20 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

Thanks new scooby. Looks like a skoda dealer is gonna get it and make a mint.
Old 21 February 2005, 06:18 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

BUMP
Old 22 February 2005, 05:30 PM
New_scooby_04

BTTT Come on people, bargin here!
Old 23 February 2005, 07:26 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

Car has now been traded in at the skoda garage in a straight swap for a Fabia VRS.
Old 23 February 2005, 07:59 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Try not to drive past the forecourt mate...... You may cry at what price they have on the screen of your old Impreza if they dont count the Stolen/Recovered thing either.

Sorry to hear that because of scum you were forced to sell a great car..

Cheers,
Grant
Old 23 February 2005, 08:32 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

Yeah I think Im gonna have to avoid the place after I pick up me new one. I probably would have kept the car but the insurance would just be too much when I come to renew so cheap motoring here I come!
Old 23 February 2005, 08:55 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Thats true... However the Fabia vRS has won a good number of fans, get yourself over to www.briskoda.net and chat to other owners.

Enjoy the economy mate.

Cheers,
Grant