Notices
Private For Sale - Cars Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

My99 Uk Turbo - 310Bhp, Quick Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2005, 09:16 PM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My99 Uk Turbo - 310Bhp, Quick Sale

I have already bought a new car and have one week (Until Saturday 17th Dec) for someone to buy it rather than me trading it in. If you can not commit to buying before then please do not apply.

The details:

DBM Uk 99
mileage: 95000 miles
Rolling roaded last at 310Bhp 300Lbs/Ft at power engineering. Proof available.
Price: £5000

Modifications:
==========
Turbo Dynamics MD304 Turbo – Fitted by Roger Clark Motorsport
Possum Link ECU mapped by Bob Rawle of BRD Developments
HKS front mount intercooler – Fitted by Option Motorsport
550 cc injectors
Walbrough 255LPH Fuel Pump
STI V suspension (red ones) - Fitted by Roger Clark Motorsport
RB5 interior (lush)
Billet Steel Lightened flywheel (Roger Clark made and fitted)
Lightened Pulley set (Roger Clark made and fitted)
Uprated Oil Pump (Roger Clark made and fitted)
Scoobysport Downpipe (group A gas flowed)
Scoobysport Centre
Prodrive backbox
Powerstation Anti lift kit
Powerstation bump steer
Whteline 22mm adjustable rear Anti roll bar
Solid alloy rear drop links
AP organic Clutch (Roger Clark Fitted)
Prodrive Big Brake kit (Alcon 330 mm, ds2500 pads) – Subaru Fitted
Goodridge braided hoses – Scoobysport fitted
Prodrive quick shift Gear. – Subaru fitted
Blitz Induction Kit
Uprated Forge Re-circ Dump Valve

History
=====
The bottom end was replaced with new from subaru at 66256miles due to a big end failure. Roger Clark performed the build ay cost of £5632.32 incuding turbo rebalancing/recon and cambelt. In addition LH and RH heads were replaced with new due to hairline cracks around spark plugs, which is common. Uprated oil pump fitted. (2003)

Ap organinc clucth/flywheel/brake disks/ pads/ pulleys/ o2 sensor all replaced at 65904 miles at cost of £3374.76 (2003 )

The car has a full service history with Subaru for the first 3 years and then full with reputable motor sport companies such as Roger Clark and option motor sport. I have invoices and receipts for 90% of the items listed above.

Recently i have had some unfortunate gearbox issues and I would like to fully detail these. At 80000 miles i felt there was an issue with the centre diff and the gearbox was a little noisy so had it out to repair. This was sent to a third party who replaced the centre diff, 1st synchro, 2nd synchro and 3rd snchro and bearings. Then 3rd gear then let go and so i had it back to replace 3rd gear. Then to top it off 2nd gear went about 2 months ago. I bought a 2nd hand gearbox off someone i don't know on here which is fine except for i feel there is a syncro issue in fith. Drives fine but sometimes selecting fith is a bit notchy, other than that it is good. With the sale of the car i will include both gearboxes. The original one will just need 2nd gear and it will be practically a brand new box. The parts on that so far have been £900 not including labour.

I also think that the power steering pump is getting a little tired bearing wise, which is quite common, i will also include a 2nd hand power steering pump of 35000 miles.

The powerstation modifications were done less than 6 months ago with full 4 whell aligment check, which is included.

Also included in sale:
==================

Original cat downpipe, orginal air box, original injectors, original intercooler, original suspension. 10 months mot/10 months road tax.

Not included but open for offers
==========================

I have taken out the following to try and re-claim some money before the part ex which is not included in the sale but am open to offers. These include:

1 * 60 mm defi white stepper gauge (boost)
1 * 60 mm defi white stepper gauge (Oil Temp)
1 * 60 mm defi white stepper gauge (Ext Temp)
1* defi controller

(sensors will stay in car except for boost)

1* remote knocklink sensor

1* afr Dawes led monitor

1* le850 laser jammer.

Pictures
The following pictures are of the car. The latter ones were taken of june this year:

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/1217...3.adams@bt.com

Some general ranting
=================

I hope you appreciate my complete honesty regarding the cars history but please understand that no expense has been spared on upkeep modifications and repairs. The total expenditure must total 20k, including labour, of my ownership. I have dealt with Matt and Oliver at Roger Clark and although the company is pricey it does promise absolute quality. The body work is immaculate and as is the interior. The turbo I am told is good for 350 BHP if needed or if a new turbo was wanted the fundamental upgrades have already been done. The loss of money is something I have come to terms with but trading it in to a dealer with no clue hurts. It will hurt to let it go but the time has definitely come for a new project and it probably won’t be a car! Whoever gets the car will get an extremely competent car,

I live in the Bedfordshire area and can have viewings anytime after 6 pm. I work in Bletchley, Milton Keynes and so can do something around there through the week. As I say there is only a week to sell so you need to contact me quick if you are interested.

My Mobile number is :07720 270 728.
My Email is: paul.3.adams@bt.com

I am not really a haggling person so the price is what I want for the entire lot.

If my phones not on please leave a message.

Tell me if you can not access those photos too!

Cheers

Paul Adams.

Last edited by paulwadams_my99; 13 December 2005 at 09:58 PM. Reason: change email address
Old 11 December 2005, 10:46 PM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

forget to mention for those that have not seen the pics::

colour coded all sills, door handles and clear indicators throughout.

never been through a car wash in my ownership and waxed with swissol everytime! 1 previous owner, bought at 27000 miles

Last edited by paulwadams_my99; 12 December 2005 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12 December 2005, 07:19 PM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

Default further questions answered

Futher to enquiries here are some of your questions answered to the forum.

The issue with the current gearbox is a minor issue selecting 5th. The car is on the road and performing still at its best. The other gearbox has a stripped 2nd gear, which i believe is the only damage. I would peronally continue the repair of this one as i have paid for most of the bits already. That way somone will get a new (fully reconditioned) gearbox and a spare. I am not exactly sure of the cost of 2nd gear but i can not imagine if that is the only part to replace that it would be all that expensive.

The power steering pump is also fine and working away, i'm just a perfectionist, the bearing is just a bit "grindier" than it should be.

The Car is HPI Clear.

I am the 2nd owner from new.

The engine is absolutely perfect. When the bottom end was replaced so were the heads and the top end was inspected to make sure everything was as it should be. It has always been run on silkolene Pro or Royal Purplesince the rebuild. As anyone would know on this board there doesn't really need to be a reason for a big end failure, which left me searching for an answer, but nevertheless it is not because i have neglected the car. The car has never been tracked btw. The engine has done approx 35000 miles now.

Boost solenoid is 3 port and i am running peak of 1.3 Bar, trailing to 1.1 at the redline. This was mapped by Bob Rawle on optimax and with det the use of det cans and i have monitored it with a knocklink sensor after. Knock has never been an issue.

Anymore then let me know.

Cheers

Paul.
Old 13 December 2005, 09:37 AM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

Default Email Details

For all you in contact please use my new mail address for any questions:

paul.3.adams@bt.com
Old 13 December 2005, 01:17 PM
S2_Neo
Scooby Regular

Email Sent Mate

Cheers

Peter
Old 13 December 2005, 09:59 PM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

3 days left...interest but no cash yet...
Old 14 December 2005, 10:12 PM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

SOLD.

Thanks for the interest.