Notices
Private For Sale - Cars Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

2001 Bugeye Impreza WRX - Running at 325BHP, 317 LBS Torque - FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2006, 11:16 AM
kn0bby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Bugeye Impreza WRX - Running at 325BHP, 317 LBS Torque - FOR SALE

SOLD SOLD SOLD

2001 Subaru Impreza WRX - UK CAR
Full Subaru main dealer service history
MOT Till -31st May 2007
Tax Till - 10/06
2 Owners from new.
Mileage - 68k
Brand New Goodyear Eagle F1 Tyres All round (200 Miles)
RAC Tracker Installed
OZ Racing Light weight Alloys 17" (Prodrive)
STI Suspension
VF35 Turbo
H&S Full decat system, including downpipe and up pipe. Running a Prodrive WRSport Backbox.
Walbro Fuel Pump
STI Pink Injectors
Samco Turbo Hoses
Green Filter
ECUTek Remap

Air Con
Boot mat
Drives and passenger seat covers.

Unmarked interior, body work in good condition. Runs sweet and is very fast. I wanted to keep the car looking understated, thus the reason for the suttle exterior mods. I am selling the car due to work commitments and the fact I am going to be doing alot more miles and require something more eccomical like a boring diesel ;(

The modifications were done by Special Scoobys (Colchester) and Power Engineering (Uxbridge), so pease of mind that the modifications have been done to the highest of standards.

I am based down south - Hampshire, GU34.

Asking Price £9495.00

EMail - Knobby@getripped.co.uk
Drop me and email and i'll give you my number to discuss viewing.

Last edited by kn0bby; 30 September 2006 at 11:37 PM.
Old 26 September 2006, 11:56 PM
kn0bby
Scooby Regular

Forgot to mention... I'll throw in a used big front brake setup, it just needs to be fitted. 335mm discs, with std caplipers, raisers, spacers and pads. its the Godspeed kit which cost £625 new.
Old 27 September 2006, 12:42 PM
ScoobyDooMe
Scooby Regular

I think your being a bit optimistic at 10k.

Standard 2001 WRX Bugeye with 68k on the clock is worth 7k private at most and trade a dealer would offer about 4.5k in the current climate, despite what Mr Parker might say.

Ok, I know you spent some money on it, but in reality as I found out twice with Scoobs, the extras may add desiribility to a car but they don't add much in the way of value.

Good luck
Old 27 September 2006, 12:50 PM
kn0bby
Scooby Regular

I'm not asking 10k I am asking £9495 ono, but thanks for your input.

Thanks

Knobby.
Old 27 September 2006, 05:23 PM
Bone
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kn0bby
Forgot to mention... its the ugliest impreza ever, much sought after bUgEyE

Old 27 September 2006, 05:43 PM
kn0bby
Scooby Regular

LOL.... Most reliable also, and when has an Impreza or a Evo ever been a pretty car. There for barking through the woods as quick as possible!
Old 30 September 2006, 11:36 PM
kn0bby
Scooby Regular

Car has now sold..

Scoobydoome - For your reference I got £9145 as a trade in price on a BMW 330 ci, so your 4.5k trade in value was jsut a tad out.
Old 11 October 2006, 07:01 AM
beanie_lad
Scooby Regular

Default scoob

nice one mate, there is tooooooo many folk on here talking sh**e, telling you that you will only get 4.5k as a trade in, wise up!!!!
Old 11 October 2006, 01:53 PM
ScoobyDooMe
Scooby Regular

I never said 4.5k trade in, I said 4.5k trade, there is a difference.

It doesn't matter if you got 4.5k trade or 9k 'trade-in' you have still lost the same amount of money.

I don't know how much you paid for your 330ci , but the principle goes something like this

There is a big difference between what a car is worth trade, compared with a trade-in value, i.e.

A franchised BMW dealer (or any premium car franchise) is not interested in your trade-in, its a means to and end in shifting his stock, all thier trade-ins are usually shifted through auction, unless its another BMW which he might put back on his forecourt.

He is a BMW dealer and doesn't want a Subaru on his forcourt so he will stick it through auction and make a loss, no doubt. Comparing like for like, if you had a BMW worth the same, then you would have probably got a higher trade in as the dealer would put it back on his forcourt at dealer prices and make a profit thier as well.

The difference in price between a new BMW on the forecourt and what the dealer pays the manufacturer can be anything between 40/50%.

If the dealer losses a couple of grand on shifting your trade in, he is still probably ultimatley making 30% profit on the car that he is sold you. Dealers work on 30% per car profit margin, de facto!

e.g If the dealer makes a 4 grand loss on your trade-in yet has shifted a 30k BMW which has got a 12k mark-up on it, then its peanuts to him. More importantly by making you feel good about your trade-in he has shifted his stock. AS i said, its a means to an end!!!

These dealers, Ford for example, that offer minimum part exchanges of a grand for any old piece of **** and you go there with an MOT failure which is worth 25 quid. The grand that he is giving you for your old piece of **** is built into the front end price of the car that you are buying.

e.g. If your trading in a 25 quid heap of **** for a grand part exchange and the car your buying is 9995 on the road, firstly the dealer isn't going to give you a discount off the front end price of the car and furthermore that 10k car has cost the dealer about 5 to 5.5k, the delear still makes 30/35%.

These are the kind of margins the car industry work on.

But I guess you know all of this.

One way or another it doesn't matter how you purchase a car and what the circumstances are, if you going through dealer, the customer pays the price, you get nothing for nothing its all sales and marketing.

The BMW you have just bought has probably lost 3/4 grand in 'real terms' value the moment you signed the paperwork, that equates to the 3/4 grand you had extra on your trade-in and regardless of where he or you, made or lost out, the dealer walks away with 30% profit.

Its a ****ing simple as that, you loose as much money on the deal wether you sell the car for 4.5 trade or got 9k on a trade-in, all your doing is just shifting where the money is being lost. But ultimaltey you are loosing the money.

All these people that say I've got a great deal through the dealer should actually be saying the dealer made a great deal out of me.

I think you will find that I'm not talking **** and I'm glad to here that you got 9k trade-in, but the simple truth is you will find that you have still lost the same amount of money.

If you don't believe me try taking you 330CI to another premium dealer say Mercedes and see how much he will give you trade-in for your 330ci against say a 45/50k Mercedes, and I would bet you 100 quid it will be anywhere between 4/5k (and possibly more) less than you have just paid for it.

In fact try taking the car, back to the dealer you just bought it from and try and sell it back to him and see how much he will offer you.

Based on the what I know about the deal you have just done (which isn't very much in terms of front end price), its cost you around about the same amount of money regardless of how much you, I, or any of the other ****ing know-it-alls, on this website think your car was worth.
Old 11 October 2006, 02:19 PM
Stuart Page
Scooby Regular

So just looking at the scoob, you got 9.1k rather than 4.5?
So thats a 4.6k saving right?
Old 11 October 2006, 04:10 PM
kn0bby
Scooby Regular

ScoobyDooMe - I totally agree with what you saying, i know how the car industry works. As i am only 24 and had nearly as many cars since passing my test i've become quite cute and how to play there whole game!

Here goes... I purchased my Impreza for £7500, i spent £2000 on modifications to the car, and recently put nearly £500 worth of tyres on the car, forgot about the tyres as these are just consumable parts, so put the car up for £9495 and willing to take an offer.

Saw the 330ci up for sale at £11995, had a look at the glasses prices which valued the car at £13900 with all the options extras and kit it had on it. so thought it was well prices already. Offered the guy my car and 2k for the car, he said we were close but the deal needed some work. Just for the record the car was being sold in a Ferrari garage so the 330ci was the least of his worries. Ended up doing deal at my car and £2850, so this valued my car at £9142 with the deal or he dropped the price of the 330 which in turn dropped the value of my car. Either way I think i got a good deal. Looked on the guys site and my car is now up for £8995. Just spoken to a BMW main dealer, using my car as a trade in on a 19k M3 they could off me 11k for the 330. As mentioned before recon i got a good deal!