Notices
Private For Sale - Cars Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

Interest check - awesome spec Forester

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2007, 02:10 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interest check - awesome spec Forester

Had to happen I suppose, getting bored and fancy a change so testing the waters. I'm in no hurry to sell but if someone really wants it I'll let it go now otherwise I'll hang on to it until the new year..

2005 MY06 2.5 Forester FXT - 32k miles

Awsome spec, 340 bhp, 380 torque. No money spared, loads of Forester Sti oem bits - well over £12k spent on parts alone including £2k last month on Front and Rear Brake kits. Top spec and faster than a Forester Sti and same bhp per ton as an RS4

Not breaking it up for parts and £18k as it stands is a steal.

PM me if seriously interested..

Full spec and pics on the plus profile link..
Old 04 September 2007, 02:17 PM
Avalyn
Scooby Regular

Bartop,

Sorry this is not a sale but at least it's a free BTTT. Sorry to hear you're selling up (well maybe) .. I'm moving house soon and can walk to work so looks as though my Foz STi may have to go too

Avalyn.
Old 07 September 2007, 10:34 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Sorry to here that mate - GL with the sale..

Bumpage for the weekend
Old 09 September 2007, 01:36 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Now on Pistonheads. Full ad below.

Selling my UK Subaru Forester MY06 2.5 XT. This car has been carefully and sensibly uprated over the last 18 months with no expense spared.

Well over 13k spent on parts alone with 2k spent on front and rear brake upgrades just last month. All modifications have been thoroughly researched and oem parts used where possible with many Forester Sti parts and other rare items imported from Japan.

If you are in the market for a Forester this has to be one of the very best ones available at the moment. Faster and better spec'd than a Forester Sti and same bhp per tonne as an RS4.

33,000 mostly motorway miles, FSH with oil changed every 5k. Never thrashed or tracked and lovingly maintained.

This car has been my passion and goes, handles and stops like a dream. Only selling as I've taken it as far as I sensibly can and am looking for a smaller car and a new challenge.

Please only call with genuine interest, I'm in no desperate hurry to sell the car so no canvassers or joyriders please.

Full Spec sheet

Engine
VF39
3" Milltek TBE
Ecutek Remap by Bob Rawle 341 bhp / 378 lbs Torque Crank
Walbro 255 LPH Fuel Pump
Pipercross Panel Filter
Samco Turbo Hose Kit
Samco Turbo Inlet Hose
Forester Sti Intercooler
Inlet Manifold Spacers
Zerosports Cool Thermostat
SPT Alloy Oil Filler Cap and Battery Tie Down

Handling
Forester AST Sportline adjustable coilovers
Whiteline Front and Rear ARB
Whiteline ALK
Whiteline Spherical Bearing Droplinks
Whiteline Subframe Lock kit
STI Aluminium Lateral Links
Cusco Rear Brace and Diffuser
Impreza Sti Steering Rack and Whiteline bushes
Sti Carbon Fibre Front Strut Brace

Wheels and transmission
Cobb Short Shift
ACT Stage 1 Clutch and Streetlight Flywheel
18" OZ Prodrive P WRC-1's in Crystal Titanium
Bridgestone RE040's 235/40/18
Compbrake 6 pot Fronts and 4 pot Rears with Hawk Pads
Powervane 350mm rotors front and 330mm rear

Exterior
Forester Sti Front Grill
Subaru Front Lip Spoiler
Subaru Rear Roof Spoiler
Impreza Sti Scoop
Rear Tints
Forester Sti Front and Rear Lights

Interior
Impreza Spec C Black Front Seats
Forester Sti Black Interior Console
Sti Steering Wheel
Kenwood ICE DDX-7029 with HD Sat Nav, TMC, Bluetooth phone connection, ipod control. Roof flip down DVD screen and wireless headphones, Playstation 2 install.
Sti Genome Guages (Defi) in Zerosports pod
Scanguage II OBD Monitor

Old 10 September 2007, 04:51 PM
T20Driver
Scooby Regular

Had a test drive in this on Friday as trying to persuade the wife to get rid of the Voyager and either replace it with this - or I give up the T20 and I have the Foz and she gets something else. Unfortunately I couldn't persuade her so I am now left with the bl@@dy Voyager, and however good the Forester is, I love my T20 too much to do a swop for it.

Anyway .. here's my feedback for those that want to know what this machine is like ...

What a nice car. Pete, the owner is as a nice genuine guy that has obviously thought hard about what improvements to make to the XT and has come up with a great package that is better than an imported STi Forester - and he's selling it for less than what STi Foz' are going for of the same age.

Most of the work has been done by Mark and Len at Subaru4You - and the quality of their work is notoriously good.

The 2.5 engine 5 speed drives totally differently from the 2.0 6 speed and even more so to the JDM with the higher rev band that I have. To be honest I struggled to adapt to the way it needs to be driven to get the most of it and I thank Pete for his patience with my driving incompetence. It certainly has the get up and go though and I can understand how people could get surprised by its performance given its rather understated but purposeful looks.

The ASTs work well in keeping the car poised in corners, but I am not sure whether they need to be tightened up bit, the spring rates be changed for stiffer ones, or the suspension raised slightly as at speed, going round a reasonably tight roundabout, we did scrape the bottom of something - I think the solid (?) mud slaps. That said, if one was less of a hooligan or didn't go on a track this wouldn't happen and the ride is very comfortable and firm as it is. Talking to Pete today, he's going to get it raised by 1/2 an inch shortly.

The real item of note is the brakes put on by Len/Mark ... they are fantastic and put my Performance Friction ones to shame, stopping the slightly heavier Foz in no time at all. There's a squeal from some temporary race pads that is to be sorted out soon too but I have to re-iterate the overall performance of the brakes is brilliant.

The wheels are beautiful with new and nearly new tyres all round. In fast there are 5 full size alloys, one being on the spare.

The Milltek exhaust note is lovely and more growly than mine, probably due to the 2.5 litre engine, and is not really too intrusive into the cabin.

The paintwork outside is in good condition with a few minor scratches that you'd expect from a 2 year old car. Most being actually caused by the roof bars/box and could I suspect be minimised even further with a little attention - same for those on the front lip spoiler.

The inside trim was in reasonable condition for a daily commute car that has had the kids and the dog to cope with; plus to be fair the test drive was arranged at the last minute and so Pete hadn't had the chance to clean it out and to show it off to be the same standard as the outside. The back seats are leather with cloth STi ones at the front, but Pete has the leather ones still at the moment.

As for gadgets; I don't know where to start. Sat Nav, DVD, PS2 all with remote headphones and repeater screen for the back, and then there are guages and other diagnostic instruments.

All in all a very nice, quick, compact estate. So if you're in the market for something similar I'd definitely recommend you contact Pete for more details.
Old 15 September 2007, 11:24 AM
Marky9074
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For anyone looking at this car, bear in mind that is has just had new AST's and new Compbrake 6 pots fronts and 4 pot rears...

If you take the Glass's/Parkers guide and add the cost of these two items alone it is still too cheap. This is a bargain considering the rest of the specification.

Need to take those mud flaps off though Pete!

BTTT
Old 15 September 2007, 08:28 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Cheers Mark - deposit taken today so looks like it's sold !