Notices
Private For Sale - Cars Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

Litchfield Imported Spec C LTD

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2008, 10:39 PM
Leedsarmy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Litchfield Imported Spec C LTD *NO LONGER FOR SALE*

Hi guys and gals, well the time has finally arrived for me to move on, and that means that someone else will get the opportunity to own this fantastic Scooby.

The car is an MY03 STI Spec C Limited. It was imported new (0 miles) by Litchfield’s in Jan 2004 and is registered on a 53 plate. It is red with 17" lightweight gold alloys (trivia - red was only available on UK WRX's, it was never an option on UK STI's, so you do not see many Scoobys about in this colour). I am the third owner, the original was a lawyer who lived in London and owned the car for approx 28 months. It was then purchased by a chap in late 2006 who very shortly afterwards went through a divorce and for some reason he traded it in for a Saab convertible!! His loss and my gain, I purchased the car in April 2007 from a small independent dealer in Southampton after shopping around for ages for the right car.

JayteeGTI - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The car currently has 44,000 miles on the clock, 22,000 of these I have put on in the past 12 months. I do a lot of motorway commuting for my job, and have never fancied owning a diesel, so to be different I used one of the fastest and most un-economical cars I could find Much more fun than a Mondeo!!

The car is MOT'd until February 2009.

The car is taxed until September 2008. As there is no emissions rating on the V5 the car is charged tax on the PLG rate for engines over 1550cc, therefore currently the tax is £185/pa

The car has a full service history. Prior to my ownership the history, as stamped in the service book, is: -
1,004 miles - Feb 04 - PowerStation
10,111 miles - Jun 05 - PowerStation
21,248 miles - Oct 06 - PowerStation
I purchased the car and since this date, there is a fully documented service history kept in a ring binder, with all receipts etc. This is: -
24,311 miles - Jun 07 - Risborough 4x4 (My local Scooby independent and they look after a few of the cars on here and are well respected) Minor service and rear shocks replaced
30,481 miles - Aug 07 - Risborough 4x4 - Major Service
32,883 miles - Sept 07 - Risborough 4x4 – FNS wheel bearing replacement
35,280 miles - Oct 07 - Risborough 4x4 - Minor Service
41,180 miles - Feb 08 - Risborough 4x4 - Major Service

I can provide Dave West’s contact details at Risborough 4x4 should you wish to discuss the car with the mechanic who looks after it. He knows it intimately!!

Two new Bridgestone RE070's were installed on the front in Feb 08 at 42,201 miles. The rear RE070’s still have plenty of life left in them.

As you can and will see, no expense has been spared in the maintenance and upkeep of the car. If something needed replacing, it was replaced, all with original Subaru items.

The car has a Cobra 8185 Thatcham Cat 1 Alarm and immobilizer. There was no certificate for the system when I purchased the car, so I had the alarm Thatcham tested for my insurance company in May 07 by JFK Automotive, and a new certificate was issued which will be required for presentation to your insurers. There are 2 key fobs and an override key. I also have both sets of door keys.

The car has an RAC Trackstar tracker fitted which is live and working fine as I have the test facility with my contract and use this regularly to check after reports I have heard about some trackers!

The car is HPI clear. I was issued with a HPI certificate from the dealer when I purchased the car, and I paid cash so there is no outstanding finance. Please feel free to check though.

I wont bore you with listing all the standard Spec C extras as if you are reading this you will already know about the abilities and extras that are encompassed in the Spec C model and that all of the extras result in something pretty special. Please be aware that this is the Limited model, so it has a few luxuries including air conditioning and electric folding mirrors. The interior has black Recaro’s with the STI logo stitched into them.

The original purchaser also specified approx £2,500 of tasteful extras from Litchfield’s, these being as follows: -
Full 3” Milltek exhaust system with sports cat
Performance air filter
PowerStation ECUTek ECU remap
Colour coded STI ‘large style’ spoiler
Full Alpine sound system incorporating head unit and component speaker system

The car is currently running approximately 350bhp and 350ft/lb which makes for a pretty nippy car. In all honesty I drive the car like a bit of a girl, much to the amusement/bemusement of friends and colleagues. And in my ownership the car has been nowhere near a racetrack or cruise and has never been smoked in. The car is mapped to run on V-power and in my ownership it has been run using this regardless of hassle planning journeys around petrol stations. Although, in extreme emergencies there has been the occasional splash and dash of lesser fuels!

Being a petrolhead the car is regularly polished and cleaned and kept in tip top condition, using pretty much exclusively Autoglym products; other than when the car is clayed, for which I use Meguairs. I have been known to take the alloys off to clean them with a toothbrush but I know you guys can relate to that right?!?!

Any bad points? There are the inevitable few stonechips as a result of the motorway miles, but these have all been touched up by Chips Away. For the most part you can’t see them unless you look closely. There is also a chip on the windscreen which only happened last week and I have not had time to repair yet.

There is a Brodit vent clip for mounting mobile phones, GPS’s etc. This can easily be removed if not required using the special tool that I have.

So there you have it. I will take an offer in the high £12k region.

I live Marlow in Buckinghamshire but work in Tring Hertfordshire if viewing there is easier. The car is not being used much now so the mileage is pretty static. Viewing may be fairly limited as being a triathlete, if I am not working I am either eating, sleeping or training, but I’m sure we can arrange something!!

Sorry I have gone on so long, but she truly is an amazing car and deserves a good write-up. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or require any more information or better still want to come and see her.

Thanks,

James T

Last edited by Leedsarmy; 05 August 2008 at 08:47 PM. Reason: price reduced yet again!!!!
Old 22 April 2008, 12:32 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Awesome car! TTT for a fellow Spec C owner

TX.
Old 23 April 2008, 12:16 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

I had the same car in the same colour, fantastic cars, all the best with the sale, my old one is on pistonheads at the moment for more money than you want mate.

Should fly out of your hands.

Mac
Old 23 April 2008, 03:02 PM
Leedsarmy
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the comments guys Fingers crossed
Old 23 April 2008, 10:40 PM
iamrab
Scooby Regular

thats lovely esp in red

best of luck with the sale mate

rab
Old 04 May 2008, 05:59 PM
Leedsarmy
Scooby Regular

B....u....m....p
Old 07 May 2008, 07:23 AM
AlanS
Scooby Regular

lovely scoob...
Old 11 May 2008, 03:30 PM
Leedsarmy
Scooby Regular

Price now reduced to £14,250 ono
Old 12 May 2008, 09:33 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Don't know the car, but Dave West is a top bloke - he looked after my car for a while.
Old 13 May 2008, 11:02 AM
nakedjem
Scooby Regular

Looking for a blobeye at the moment but this one's a bit out of my range. Beautiful car though - good luck with the sale!
Old 19 May 2008, 04:10 PM
rallycross PUG
Scooby Regular

Pm sent re the spec c give me a call if still for sale looking for a spec C or Type 25 / type 25.
Old 20 May 2008, 07:48 AM
Leedsarmy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rallycross PUG
Pm sent re the spec c give me a call if still for sale looking for a spec C or Type 25 / type 25.
Thanks for your PM Craig. Your inbox is full so could not reply but the car is still available.

I will give you a call at lunchtime today.

Regards,

James
Old 28 May 2008, 07:39 PM
Leedsarmy
Scooby Regular

BTTT

Price droped to £13,950 ono

Cheers,

JT
Old 29 May 2008, 08:36 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

hate to say it but prices are awful. Mine went to a dealer in the end. Now up for £14950 on there site. and only 19k miles on it. hardly run in really.
Old 11 June 2008, 09:59 PM
Leedsarmy
Scooby Regular

BTTT with a new price of £13,450 ono

C'mon people, done all shout at once
Old 29 June 2008, 08:15 PM
Leedsarmy
Scooby Regular

BTTT
Old 25 July 2008, 04:04 PM
Leedsarmy
Scooby Regular

Right folks, BTTT with another price drop

I will take an offer in the high £12k's

C'mon people, she has only done 15 miles since April.....a car like this deserves better
Old 29 July 2008, 01:49 PM
TrailBraker
Scooby Newbie

If I had the cash I'd absolutely bite your arm off, but instead all I can offer is a free bump for an awesome car in the best colour
Old 30 July 2008, 08:12 PM
Dan9106
Scooby Newbie

Good luck with the sale..........

I bet u will miss it...
Old 05 August 2008, 05:09 PM
Leedsarmy
Scooby Regular

Rite then folks,

Seeing as no-one is making any sensible offers; and i refuse to let her go for peanuts, i have made the executive descision to keep her as my little something for the weekend....so somebody has lost out there.....and i'm sure its not me

And i think i might even take her up to T25 spec with the AST suspension and 400/400 engine conversion, time will tell