Notices
Private For Sale - Cars Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

1991 MK2 VW Golf GTI 16v

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2008, 01:44 PM
Ved
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 MK2 VW Golf GTI 16v

It’s a late model 1991 with 109,800 miles car with the high ‘run out’ specification. It’s a beautiful car and drives perfectly. It’s finished in Royal Blue metallic code LA5U which is one of the most sought after colours. There is extensive service history to 90k and receipts included with a very low average mileage (under 7K per year) backed up by all the previous MoT certificates. The car had a new timing belt fitted in 2006 along with tensioner and both auxiliary belts (Bosch). Only VW Synta oil has been used with genuine VW filters. The car passed its MoT in late October when it was at Midland VW with no observations whatsoever - it actually passed before they started the work which was good since it's been in my garage for a year. It’s HPI clear with certificate to prove. When I bought it I waxoyled the underside of the car that are most vulnerable to road salt to keep it rust free.

Spec

Electric windows front only

Power steering

Central locking

BBS RA 15” alloy wheels - showing corrosion but not to the point of needing a refurb as they come up great with some meguires

Sunroof

Heated washer jets

MFA fuel/trip/temp computer - all working!

Time adjustable intermittent wipers

All of the standard decals for paint and chassis code, electrical warning, tyre pressures and body shell information are still affixed in their original locations demonstrating that the car has not been involved in an accident. The body is in fantastic condition and the plastic trim is not faded or ill fitting. The space saver spare wheel is still with the car and so is the original jack, brace, spanner & screwdriver. The original golf ball gear **** is with the car but I've replaced it with a silver Wolfsburg one and the same goes for the door pins. All of the alloy wheels still have their centre caps. The car doesn’t let in any water and all of the equipment on the car works perfectly. The parcel shelf is original and has not been cut for speakers. The original keys are still present as is the owners handbook pack. Service record is as follows, included are receipts showing oil changes and parts replaced in between services, this goes a long way to explaining its faultless MoT tests. I've added the new stuff I've bought including the last major work carried out by Midland VW last month to the tune of £900. This was for engine work mainly some new hydrolic lifters, new brake discs and pads plus a bunch of other things that needed doing.

The car was garage for a year up until this October when I took it over to Midland. It's always been a second car since I bought it in 2006 but now I don't want to run two cars as the Impreza gets most of the miles as it's my work car.

The car is in original specification bar a few sensible alterations. These include:

MJ interiors half leather interior with rear headrest conversion and standard rainbow centres (the only name in VW interiors)

Goodridge 6 piece braided brake hose set

Reduced travel gear linkage & weighted shift rod

Genuine Golf G60 springs

Stainless steel exhaust system with a standard downpipe as the one that came with it was just too loud

Smoked front and side indicators

Genuine VW Golf Diesel front engine mount for reduced engine movement and reliability

Uprated headlamps: a necessity on MK2 Golfs, running 130/90W H4 bulbs and 100W H3 spot lamp bulbs, (60/55W & 55W std) professionally made loom and fuse panel with 30A cable, new relays & individually fused bulb filaments for safety and reliability, these lights are up to modern car standards and the high beam output is simply astounding, lights up road signs from nearly a mile.

The car has Autohaus Wolfsburg number plate surrounds These are not imitations but the genuine item sought from the dealership right outside the Wolfsburg factory gates.

Taxed and MOT'd until October 2009.

Sensible offers welcome around the £2.5k mark please. I paid £2.6k and with the amount of work and time I've put in it this is a VERY reasonable price.

I'll put an good immobiliser on it once a sale is agreed which I'll pay for.

Anyway, pics!

Cheers!

David

PM me for details
Old 01 December 2008, 04:10 PM
mr hat
Scooby Regular

pics dont work.
Old 01 December 2008, 04:23 PM
Mikee
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics seem to be okay for me Mr Hat. Nice car, always did like these! Good luck chap.
Old 01 December 2008, 08:23 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

That's very nice. Always loved these. I doubt it'll be around for long
Old 01 December 2008, 11:05 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Nice

Bttt
MK2s had a few
And thats a good un
Old 19 December 2008, 02:02 PM
Ved
Scooby Regular

Still available, folks
Old 21 December 2008, 07:05 PM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

looks amazing, wish it was a 3dr

bttt
Old 17 January 2009, 09:36 AM
loopywhufc
Scooby Regular

i owned this car about 4 years ago and some bloke from wales bought it from me,it took me ages to find 1 as mint as this
Old 21 September 2009, 05:15 PM
Ved
Scooby Regular

Blimey just read this last post. What a small world it is! BTW the car sold last year. Went to a guy who sold an S3 to buy it too.

Miss it
Old 21 September 2009, 07:52 PM
ex.pink.teg
Scooby Regular

lovly car m8

just sold my mk1 gti 16v

got a sweet price too...

bump for you ..............

good luck dude ....if 3 door i would have had it asap
Old 21 September 2009, 10:27 PM
Ved