Notices
Private For Sale - Cars Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

1998 UK WRX PPP Wagon £2795 ono

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2009, 04:14 PM
Rustle73
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 UK WRX PPP Wagon, leather

*****************CAR IS NOW SOLD***************

I have for sale my silver May 98 UK Wagon. This car had the options list thrown at it when new and as such it has a fairly unique spec. It had all the Prodrive goodies available at the time (actually known then as WR Sport packs) to include;

Leather Recaro interior & Door cards
Electric Sunroof
Towbar & Electrics
WR Sport Performance Pack - Prodrive ECU & Exhaust (approx 240-245 bhp), Air filter, uprated brakes
WR Sport 17" Driving Enhancement Pack - Speedline Alloys & Bilstein Spspension, Quickshift
WR Sport Exterior Pack - Genuine STI rear spoilers and side skirts

The bilstein suspension was replaced for a new set of KYB AGX adjustable shocks and Eibach lowering springs in May 2007. A Whitelline rear ARB & alloy drop links went on in August 2006.

At present I've got a de cat downpipe and resonated centre section on the car and the original exhaust & CATs will come with it. This would have made a subtle increase to the power ouput over the prodrive figures, sounds better than stock but still bearable when on a cruise.

A new exedy h/d clutch & lightened flywheel from API were fitted in Feb 06 @ 84427 miles.

A new Toad Ai606 Thatcham CAt 1 Alarm was fitted in July 2005.

MOT is due 31 May 09

Tax is due 1 July 09

Audio

Kenwood W7534 head unit with USB interface. Supported by Infinity CS6010 component speakers (front) and Kappa 52.7i (rear). An alpine SWD1600 powered sub sits under the passengers seat. This all combines for a very nice sound stage. It was all fitted in 2006.

History

I purchased the car in May 05. I do about 6,000 m per annum and have the car serviced every 6 months. All servicing is done by Len @ subaru4you - check out their recommendation on this site. It has a full service history from new, subaru main delaer up to 67,500 miles (May 03), then all reputable subaru independents since.

It had a 90,000ml service in Aug 2006 including cambelt @ 86945 miles. The last service was on 19 Jan 2009 at 99059 miles and included a geometry realignment.

I have all worksheets for my and the prvious owner, plus all MOT's, and a folder of parts information etc.

Bad Points

Well, it's showing signs of it's age. There are a few scuffs around the exterior, one fog light is missing (see pics). The alloys could do with refurbing. The interior is sound, but again not immaculate commensurate with age. I've put a heel hole in the drivers side carpet - see pics.

It's a great driver and good work horse. The main isues such as clutch, cambelt & suspension have been done and are all in good order. It's got a great service history and whilst it's not immaculate, if you want a car with a good mechanical background and a fairly unique spec this could be the one for you.

I'm looking for £2795 ono. The car is in SW London and presently has 99263 miles but it's in regular use so this will change. Reason for sale is that I couldn't get my wife insured on the Scooby due to 'lack of demostrated experience in a performance vehicle', and we now need her to drive. I've got my replacement vehicle, so I'm motivated to sell and will entertain reasonable offers.

I will need proof of insurance for test drives.

Phone Russ on 07787 155 968 to view.

FrontView.jpg picture by radharding - Photobucket

RearView.jpg picture by radharding - Photobucket

Cabin.jpg picture by radharding - Photobucket

FrntCabin.jpg picture by radharding - Photobucket

Stereo.jpg picture by radharding - Photobucket

Dials.jpg picture by radharding - Photobucket

Last edited by Rustle73; 31 January 2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 28 January 2009, 08:26 PM
Rustle73
Scooby Regular

Bump
Old 28 January 2009, 08:33 PM
classic scooby
Scooby Regular

Hi mate

First off good luck with the sale,looks pretty much the same as mine.

quick question,what is that on top of the rear bumper?and where and how much was it.

thanks

nick
Old 29 January 2009, 09:30 PM
Rustle73
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the good wishes.

It's actaully the base for my bike rack. If you want one it's a 3 bike rack from decathlon, though I did get it 4 years ago so not sure if its still on sale. The uprights fit into the two upward facing slots so it's quite handy to store.

Russ
Old 29 January 2009, 10:08 PM
classic scooby
Scooby Regular

Hi Russ

No mate sorry i meant the silver metal plate thing that is actually stuck on top of the rear bumper,i think its some sort of protection plate??was just wondering if you bought it where did you get it from,thanks alot.

regards

nick
Old 30 January 2009, 06:11 PM
big kris
Scooby Regular

Whats the lowest you would sell this for in cash? PM me a price.

Chris
Old 30 January 2009, 06:58 PM
bingz
Scooby Regular

I have a 1999 T reg bmw 318i SE auto, if you are interested in some sort of deal!
Old 30 January 2009, 11:15 PM
Rustle73
Scooby Regular

Classic Scooby - it was an option when new called a 'satinless steel bumper protector'. Don't know anything more about it than that.

Big Kris - Will drop you a PM if it hasn't gone this weekend.

Bingz - no thanks, I already have a replacement car. Would take your cash though!!