Notices
Private For Sale - Cars Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

A rare oppurtunity......

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2009, 10:36 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A rare oppurtunity......

I hope you're sat down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an advert I never thought I would write, but here goes anyway....

My00 UK Turbo, bought new by me back in the days when you had to wait 6 months for your new Impreza, I collected it from Vales Subaru in Wincanton on March 1st, 2000....... with I think 7 miles on the clock, I drove the car home, and straight onto ramps and swapped the rear silencer for an H&S one to get the rumble we all love......For the first three years of ownership the car was serviced by a few different local main dealers, but after the warranty ran out and once my knowledge of these cars increased, I have done all the servicing myself, in fact if mileage were taken into account it's over serviced for the last few years, the car has now done a massive 55.000 miles, As you can imagine along the way the car has been changed to suit me, and my style, as such it was first fitted with uprated 335mm Godspeed front brakes, there use the original caliper but are moved and widened to suit the bigger disc, pads are currently Ferodo ds2500's....... these I have found give the best overall performance and relative lack of dust.... if that’s possible...!!
The car has been lowered on Eibach springs, but still sits on the original struts, the rear has a Whiteline anti roll bar, set to maximum stiffness, along with solid links, the front has a strut brace fitted, the make I cannot recall...the geometry was set to Prodrive settings a few yrs ago, and that alone was well worth doing.
Engine wise, the car is still on the original engine, it is now fitted with a front entry TD05 turbo, with a larger than standard new-age WRX intercooler, with standard wrx dumpvalve, as wooshing and noise isn't my style, the intercooler is still in the original position, but with samco boost hoses, it also has a K&N induction kit, and I have had NO issues with maf failure with this fitted, there is a homemade heat shield, which gets warm on the engine side, but seems to work quite well, no tests have been done however. The exhaust is now home ported and wrapped headers, with HAS& up-pipe and a full system by H&S, open neck downpipe which reduces to 2 ½ inches from the back of the downpipe back, it has a centre resonator fitted to keep things sensible, I have a twin catted centre section to ensure legal mot’s…..The boost is controlled by a Dawes device this is currently set to give about 1.25bar of boost, the ecu has been replaced by one which was Tek’d on a similar spec’d car, when the car has been on the rollers everyones opinion has been that there was no point in having it mapped specifically to this car, as it was running really well, with nothing left to gain….power wise, it has been on the rollers and has produced 300 + bhp and lbsft,
About 3k ago, the gearbox let go, it was replaced by a reconditioned unit from API, it is also fitted with a lightened flywheel and Exedy clutch from API…..
The interior of this car is like that of no other, I am an upholsterer by trade, and I decided about 4yrs ago that I wanted to re-trim the seats and door panels, I sourced two different types of hide, one of the perforated to match the original steering wheel, the other plain, both are black. I bought another set of seats to practice on, and removed the covers of these to use as patterns to cut the hide from, the centre panels are the perforated hide, the bolsters are the plain, it then took me about 8 days hard graft to machine and fit all the covers to the seats, and door panels, but I thought the result was well worth the effort, and expense, since then the steering wheels has been replaced with that from a blobeye Spec C, which is slightly smaller than the original classic wheel, the airbag light is unaffected by the swap, mounted on the right hand side of the dash, in a hole next to the fog light switch is a Dawes AFR, which reads the output of the maf sensor so that things can be monitored, and maf failure can be seen early…. And driving style altered to suit, although as I say, I have not had a maf go with the current set-up. In the steering wheel shroud is a Knocklink, this has been taken apart and the leds have been fitted into the cowl, so it’s really almost invisible, but noticeable if it flashes……
Exterior wise, the car has the Morrette headlamps fitted, in plain black, it is also fitted with Cibie spotlamps in place of the original spotlamps, along with the high power bulbs this means that seeing where you’re going in the dark is not an issue…!!! Under the front bumper is fitted a genuine STI6 front lip, again, in black, the sides of the car were fitted from new with Subaru black rub rails, not a very common option, but one that has I think been easily worth having, the rear of this car is somewhat different to the norm, I have fitted STI rear light clusters, with the fog lamp being fitted in place of the O/S reversing lamp…. The bootlid lacks any kind of ‘Subaru’ spoiler, I removed the spoiler about 4 yrs ago, welded up the holes in the bootlid, and fitted a BMW lip, this is very subtle, and changes the way the car looks dramatically…… it’s a bit of a marmite thing, you either love it or hate it….. the bootlid is also de-badged…..
The wheels are Rota redlines, (I think) in 7.5x17…… along with Toyo tyres, the tyres have a few mm of tread left, are all easily legal, but aren’t as new….

I have cherished this car for most of it’s life, when I first got it, it was my daily driver, but for the last 5 yrs I’ve had other vehicles, and the mileage has only crept up very slowly on the Impreza, it has been garaged for most of it’s life, and if anything needed doing, it’s been done…….

As I said at the start of the advert, I never thought I’d be writing this, but times change and my off-roading interests have increased, and what with work etc I simply do not use the Impreza enough to warrant having it any longer, if you have any questions about the car, please ask, I am more than happy to answer anything, I realize that the market isn’t the best at the moment, however I am of the opinion that you’ll have to go a very long way to find a car such as this, I’ll admit it isn’t immaculate, (although some would disagree) it has stone chips, but it is certainly dent free, and has been polished regularly with Swissvax products…….. as such the asking price is set at £5395, some will think this high, which I admit it may well be, but try finding another 9yr old car that has had one owner from new, with this mileage, and the same care that has gone into maintaining it….. I am more than happy to show people the car, but at the moment it isn’t taxed, so demonstration runs won’t be easy…….

The care is situated in Mid Dorset, viewing would be possible almost any evening by appointment, and within reason weekends aswell assuming I’m not pre-booked….

It is currently registered on a private plate, however this will be removed before sale, the current mot was done at the end of feb, and the car has done I think 80 miles since….

I can be contacted at impreza_dood@yahoo.co.uk or via pm on this forum……

I would prefer it if people didn’t comment re the price, we all have our opinions as to what things are worth, and as such this is mine, so please don’t spam this thread with yours……. Thanks.

Last edited by RON; 24 April 2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 23 April 2009, 11:05 PM
alanbell
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow you can write (type) lol. nice looking clean scoob , good luck with it,
Old 24 April 2009, 02:28 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer

Good Luck Ron, I'm sure you'll be back.

David APi
Old 24 April 2009, 03:33 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive seen this car on many occasions and it really is that MINT!

Good Luck Ron..
Old 24 April 2009, 04:55 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

One of the most cherished cars on Scoobynet, if not the UK.

Good luck mate.
Old 25 April 2009, 04:27 PM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

BTTT
Old 25 April 2009, 07:35 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

SOLD>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 25 April 2009, 10:01 PM
Silver Scooby Sport

Originally Posted by RON
SOLD>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was quick RON well done !
Someone has got a good one there
Old 25 April 2009, 10:27 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Indeed..... the ones worth having don;t hang around!!!!!
Old 26 April 2009, 08:20 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow Ron, that was quick !!
Lets hope the new owner looks after it as well as you did. Seen this car in the flesh and it really is a beauty (though your engine needs a clean )

Lets see the new owner on here soon
Old 26 April 2009, 10:13 AM
SimonD
Scooby Regular

Congratulations on the sale and to the new owner! I don't like the wheels, I don't like the colour, I don't like the flaps & I don't like the lights.............. but somehow that has to be the best looking classic I've seen - elegantly done! Lovely trim job on the interior too.
Old 26 April 2009, 12:43 PM
Voodoorider
Scooby Newbie

I'll be here Tony
Old 26 April 2009, 01:22 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

" The bootlid lacks any kind of ‘Subaru’ spoiler, I removed the spoiler about 4 yrs ago, welded up the holes in the bootlid, and fitted a BMW lip "

Can you please tell me, what model of spoiler lip is this and did it need any modification to make it fit.
Old 26 April 2009, 05:00 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by slipstream_uk
" The bootlid lacks any kind of ‘Subaru’ spoiler, I removed the spoiler about 4 yrs ago, welded up the holes in the bootlid, and fitted a BMW lip "

Can you please tell me, what model of spoiler lip is this and did it need any modification to make it fit.

E36 M spoiler.... and no, no modifications, it simply fits.
Old 29 April 2009, 04:41 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

errr...youv lost me..me thinks you need a short Add..

Anyway good luck with the sale
Old 29 April 2009, 06:16 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SamUK
errr...youv lost me..me thinks you need a short Add..

Anyway good luck with the sale
I think you should have read it better....... i posted 'SOLD' loads of posts up............
Old 29 April 2009, 07:22 PM
Silver Scooby Sport

What's next the Ron ?
Old 29 April 2009, 08:52 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Nothing mate, i already have two other vehicles, bmw 530d touring, and land rover discovery for proper off roading....... so plenty to keep my wallet empty anyway...LOL!!!
Old 03 May 2009, 07:33 PM
AlanPPP
Scooby Regular

I'd say that was easy worth the asking price mate Nice one on the sale.