Notices
Private For Sale - Cars Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

Impreza STi Type R v3 (1997)

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2010, 07:55 PM
benspray
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impreza STi Type R v3 (1997)

I've got this listed on ebay so I've just copied and pasted the description as we can't post ebay links.
It ends on Monday 13th so will only be for sale through Scoobynet until Sunday the 12th after that it will go to the highest bidder on Ebay.

Some pics and then teh pasted description from ebay...

£4295 for a quick sale..... pm / email me for details / to arrange a viewing.

Ebay description:

Time to sell and buy something cheaper to run unfortunately.

This is my 1997 v3 Sti type R impreza.
Everything works as it should, it has the DCCD, intercooler water spray, red top engine, 4 pot front brakes, folding wing mirrors etc etc that you get with the type R. Running 17" Rota GRA wheels which were bought to clear a set of brembo callipers/discs off a 2002 STi 7 - never got around to fitting the brakes but I will be selling them once the car has gone unless the buyer wants to make an offer on them as well (full set of front and rear callipers, pads, discs and the rear hubs off an STi7 everything needed to convert including the rear hubs). I also have a Roger Clarke WRC block and loads of uprated engine parts that I will be selling later which were destined for this car but again time/money is against me. Please so not contact me to ask to buy these extras unless you are buying the car as they will be offered to the winner of the car first and only then will they be up for anyone else to buy (will list on ebay once the car has sold)

Interior is in good condition, has a set of SPL dynamics separate speakers in the front doors (hidden behind the original grill so it looks standard) the current Alpine head unit will be removed but it can come with the original double din jap unit and CD changer if the buyer wishes or just a hole for you to put a head unit in

Goes well as you'd expect, rust free only being imported in December 2008, has a few small parking dents as these seem to have when they come from Japan but apart from that it looks straight enough to me, and has no HPI recorded damage etc against it (have the printout from when I bought it) I recently had the tracking done and while it was on the ramp I had a look underneath, it all looked nice and straight and clean. Tyres are ok but not sure the rears have a massive amount of life left.

The front splitter has broken a bit on one end and has a crack in the middle (pics available on request), and the rear boot spoiler isn't the best, I think its a later one but it has some cracks on the corners - personally Id put that back to a standard v3 one but I've not managed to find one close enough to collect so far.

Runs very well and pulls very impressively, no gearbox noises etc, the clutch bites high and quite sharply, not sure if this is normal (I had a v3 a few years ago but had a break from imprezas and I cant really remember, I remember it being fairly sharp but cant remember where it bit), I have a bit of history for it since it came into the UK including a cam belt change and filters / oil etc etc

I think it could do with the idle control valve cleaning up or replacing at some stage as occaisonly (and it only ever seems to be in traffic) the engine light comes on but clears when you press the clutch and let the revs drop, even while the light is on everything runs fine, I've plugged the diagnostic wires together under the dash and got a "idle valve" warning so should do the job - I have a spare one here that I bought fromt eh breakers but havent fitted yet which will go with the car.

The only other thing which may need looking at is sometimes it will "boost cut". Most of the time its fine and will pull to the red line as quick as you like, but sometimes it will hit about 4500rpm and cut the boost, not sure why, may be a boost pipe or boost solonoid (I have some spares here which came off another car so I'll include those as it may sort it out easy enough) dont really have the time to look at it though as I have 8 cars to try and keep maintained so letting this one and my Jag go to concentrate on the rest.

Its always been run on super ie 97+ octane and warmed and cooled properly, it has a turbo timer which does a fine job of letting it cool properly without you rushing and turning it off to early. It also has a decent toad alarm / immobiliser which also has full closure so when you get out and walk away with the doors unlocked and the windows down press the button and the windows wind up and the doors lock. The front side windows have also been tinted to blend in better with the rear side windows which are factory tinted on the 2 doors, also really helps keep heat out in the summer.

I've been 100% honest here and described the good and the bad, I'd always prefer it is people would come and view though to make sure I havent forgotten anything. Starting at a very low price for one of these even if there are a couple of small things to sort out as described, I'd prefer to let the auction run but may be open to serious and sensible offers (by that I mean you turn up with cash before the auction ends and I could perhaps add a buy it now to this auction as I will not end it unless I have the cash in my hand)
Old 06 September 2010, 10:34 PM
benspray
Scooby Regular

bump
Old 07 September 2010, 09:37 PM
benspray
Scooby Regular

up
Old 08 September 2010, 05:13 PM
benspray
Scooby Regular

up
Old 10 September 2010, 06:17 PM
"Taylor"
Scooby Regular

Whats the milage on it Ben?
Old 12 September 2010, 06:56 PM
benspray
Scooby Regular

Hi just got back from a weekend away
Its got 121,000 kms which is what about 74k miles.

Cheers
Ben
Old 12 September 2010, 06:59 PM
benspray
Scooby Regular

Probably have to leave this running on ebay now unless someone wants to turn up with cash by 8am tomorrow lol