Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Ultimate off road rc car

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2002, 03:26 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive got a 1/6th scale FG Marder here that might well be up for sale in the very near future. Its powered by a 3bhp 22cc two stroke petrol engine, does over 50mph, is over two foot long and weighs over 10 kilos!!

These things are not like the small nitro powered cars, they are increadibly robust and reliable and are very easy to start and maintain. They start first pull and will run on normal unleaded mixed with two stroke oil. One tank lasts 40 minutes!! Parts are readily available and are suprisingly reasonably priced.

This will give you an idea of its size. The other cars my 1/10th scale electric touring car and theres a 30cm ruler between them:

Youve got to check this video out:

http://www.marder.net/movie/marder.wmv

I bought this last week but thought it was wrecked so bought another to race. I stripped this one down and it turned out it was a hell of a lot better than I thought so I offered it to my other half as a toy. She said she'd have a go so when I rebuilt it I did it properly and replaced all of the worn components including a full bearing set, new wishbones, new ball sockets, new ring gear, new decal for the shell, new high power battery pack, new metal plug cover, new front and rear bumpers etc etc.

Its now completely sorted and hasnt been run since the rebuild but Ive a feeling its not going to get any use so am testing the water to see if anyone fancies it.

It comes complete with radio gear and charger and I want £500 for the lot. Not a penny less will buy it as Ive got over £625 in it now and like I say have just minted it so would rather keep it as a second car than sell for less.

[Edited by bren - 9/21/2002 4:10:30 PM]
Old 21 September 2002, 04:58 PM
iainalpine
Scooby Regular

hi mate. have been looking about for a new rc car. i used to build them and sometimes race them. have not 1 for ages. i think its time i got another as it would save me money with not going out every night and thrashing the scoob. will let you no.
iain
Old 22 September 2002, 05:14 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

We (my partner and myself) took these cars out yesterday to a working quarry thats invaded every weekend by 'crossers, quads, landrovers etc etc. The cars are awesome!! They go up hills that only trial bikes can get up. They jump, they slide, they wheelspin, they pull wheelies and are generally superb fun.

We've been out again today at a local pub where theyve got a race track for these things out the back and again, they are superb.

As a result its no longer for sale Im afraid.

The only reason Ive not just deleted this post is to bring these toys to your attention, they really are the dogs and everyone should get one (or two )

Very highly recommended