Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

For Sale Muppets

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2002, 09:34 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is it with people in this forum that "add" to a post when they have no interest in the item for sale other than to suggest they can supply it cheaper/better or it is a bad deal and can be found for lower cost elsewhere. do these people go through post office window adds with a marker pen?

i appreciate that this is the net and you can do what you like (within reason) but its still a community where you are are judged and a reputation is built around you. if i saw someone selling an item for £50 when it was worth £20 it would not occuor to me that i should provide some sort of "good samaratan crossed with harry enfields- you didnt wanna do that man" service and add to the post.

i have now given up selling stuff here (not that i sold lots) after i tried selling something and had someone else add their item to my thread!!!!!!! i have since started using ebay where i find you get a LOT higher price without morons "adding" to your thread.

T

ps- my moan is not really because i have been effected but is based purley on what i see on others posts.

[Edited by Tiggs - 10/1/2002 9:36:49 AM]
Old 10 February 2002, 09:43 AM
max speed
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Grapes & sour , Chips & shoulders come in to mind here!!
if you bought your house for£100,000 & then sold it for £200,000 doe's that make it wrong then?? get real & get in the 21st century & report to the mods if you dont likeit!!! sounds like your dissing scoobynet?? & good folks !!? & if my house was worth £100,000 & i sold it for £150,000 Thats good luck too!!

[Edited by max speed - 10/2/2002 9:49:41 AM]
Old 01 October 2002, 09:36 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

I would say that if you don't like something thats posted on a thread in the for sale section that you hit the moderator button and bring it to the there attention.

Strictly speaking this section is just for ads and people interested but there is always a few other posts (like this) that are non - related, but if your genuinely unhappy with a post report it to a mod, they can't sit there reading all the posts.
Old 01 October 2002, 09:39 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

report it to a mod..... im not really talking about things that are worthy of being reported:

for example:

for sale, one car £10,000

next post:

i have seen cars for sale for £9,000

now thats not worthy of being reported but the person who has added to it is worthy of being told to sod off!
Old 01 October 2002, 09:49 AM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Dont have a go at us good folk of Purley Tiggs
Regards,
Andyp
Old 01 October 2002, 09:59 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Sorry, but I've seen a better newer thread about this, don't think you'll get much response

Fair enough comments although I've noticed on here a lot recently that newbies have been coming on only to try and sell things, license plates, cars, etc at exagerated prices. I think this accounts for quite a few of the "I've seen that cheaper elsewhere" posts.

Chris
Old 01 October 2002, 12:09 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

hmm you say its not woth of being reported to a mod, though technically if its nothing to do with or derogatory to the original post for sale you can ask for it to be edited by the mods, that what they do....moderate

why not try it sometime and see, i've asked for a few posts in the past thanks to unhelpful comments and its always been done.

Trending Topics

Old 01 October 2002, 02:16 PM
jamesjones
Scooby Regular

I agree with Chris about newbies (and occasionally regulars) trying to sell items at exagerated prices especially car regs and out of date ICE.

I would say in these cases it is our duty to fellow ScoobyNet users to point these out. After all, if you saw someone getting mugged in the street you wouldn't stand by and let it happen, so why would you on this forum. Some people don't have the time or resources to find out the real value of things.

J
Old 01 October 2002, 02:31 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Personally if someone wants to sell a mudflap for £100 thats there decision, the fact it might be a lot of money and a stupid price to pay isn't really up to someone to point out is it?

If its overpriced or whatever then dont post, they'll soon get the message with no response etc.
Either that or were gonna need a new forum for 'overpriced goods' where we can all post details of subaru autotrader + top marques ads that are overpriced

One persons overpriced ad might be another persons bargain even if it only saves £50, whos to say if its overpriced or not?

Old 01 October 2002, 02:36 PM
RaZe-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

I HATE seeing people with a post count of 1 selling number plates that we ALL KNOW came from the DVLA for £250, and they want a grand for it. Still, if they get it fair play to them - they couldnt give a toss what I think

Have to agree with Tiggs (shock horror!) about these thread spoiling weasels. Unless its a BTTT for someone, if you dont want to buy it DONT POST about how **** it is, how youve seen a better one, how you bought one for half the price etc etc. If its sold and someone ELSE wants one, then by all means point them at this mysterious source of free and better ones, but make no comment about "huh, THIS guy who bought this one has been ripped off" etc etc.....
Old 02 October 2002, 09:12 PM
tony jones
Scooby Regular

Don't buy Max speeds house, next door is for sale at £90,000.

Just thought i'd mention.

I'll get my coat.
Old 02 October 2002, 09:56 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

WILL YOU TAKE A PX?