Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

FOR SHAUN OR ANDY TONG!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2002, 10:01 AM
scoobyroof
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
?

[Edited by scoobyroof - 10/10/2002 10:42:28 AM]
Old 10 October 2002, 10:14 AM
bros2
Scooby Regular

There are 47 entries on this thread since the start of September, most of them yours. No-one is interested, I'm afraid.

To say that Dave T-S will have prevented a sale is to vastly overstate things, and you have to accept that in a public forum (i.e. where anyone can post) these things will happen.

You're still getting free advertising, after all!

bros
Old 10 October 2002, 10:22 AM
scoobyroof
Scooby Regular

[Edited by scoobyroof - 10/10/2002 10:44:44 AM]
Old 10 October 2002, 10:23 AM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

Location: Surrey Somewhere, From 341 bhp '99 STI V to '98 Merc CLK & '00 Peugeot 306 XSI to '01 E46 M3 :)
Scoobyroof,

Chill mate, I think Dave was only putting his opinion up on the bbs, it is after all a free service:

Quote:
"Not having a pop at you, and only reflecting my own experience of the 206 GTI, but if you really want to sell it I don't think it's going to happen here......."

Dont take his comments the wrong way, its not worth it at the end of the day

O and by the way its Andy Tang not Tong :P

[Edited by TBMeech - 10/10/2002 10:27:13 AM]
Old 10 October 2002, 10:30 AM
scoobyroof
Scooby Regular

[Edited by scoobyroof - 10/10/2002 10:45:17 AM]
Old 10 October 2002, 10:35 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

First off, it isn't your thread. You can't control what goes on on it. "Post and be damned", sort of thing. If you don't like someone's opinion, challenge it by posting a rebuttal of their points. Dave has done nothing that deserves moderating IMHO, but I don't have "juristiction" in this forum .

So far, your posts are things like "?", or "top" or other nonsense. Are you trying to reserve the right to only allow yourself, or interested parties to post on your(sic) thread?

If so, I suggest you set up your own BBS, recruit 18000 members and then set your own rules. (humour, by the way, not intended personally)

Dave's comments are just as valid as yours. The 206 has an awful driving position IMHO, and someone's experience with a car is valuable contribution, whereas "bttt" isn't really telling us much.

With respect to your "I can sell what I want and bollocks to the rest of you" attitude, which is effectively what you're saying, then I think you're being unfair to other BBS users who are trying to sell things that someone on Scoobynet may well actually want to buy. If something isn't selling, then have the good grace to take advice that you ain't going to sell it this way and try another means of selling

Incidentally, I'd love it if you were able to prove us all wrong and say "thanks, scoobynet, I've just swapped my wife's 206 for a Scoob" as that would be a wonderful outcome.

Please don't take this as a personal dig - I've re-read this post and I realise you could take it personally. It really isn't intended that way

Cheers,
Nick.
Old 10 October 2002, 11:33 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

Its all gone Andy Tong
Old 10 October 2002, 12:14 PM
paul w
Scooby Regular

LOL
Old 10 October 2002, 01:06 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Lol who is Andy Tong ??

ROFLMAO god knows why just made me lol Andy Tong.

Jas

PS Has Andy Tong seen it roflmao again

SORRY
Old 10 October 2002, 01:25 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

Surely you mean it's all gone Pete Tang
Old 10 October 2002, 01:42 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

I didn't see the first post before it was edited, but can possibly guess what it said....

We have all seen threads on here where someone (say) posts an Impreza for sale and loads of people steam in saying "it's not worth that, blah blah". I do not contribute to these. Having sold an Impreza off this BBS I would not post the price for those reasons.

What first caught my eye with the 206 thread was firstly the fact it was a 206 GTI, having had one (actually in best T-S fashion we bought two together, so made a big mistake twice ), and secondly that there were so many replies.

It was only when I read the thread I realised all but one of the posts were "BTT's".

My job is a financial troubleshooter. I sort out things other people **** up or have not done.

I wish I had a tenner every time I have picked up a file and a clerk has been blindly chasing someone for a substantial amount of money, and all it consists of is faxes sent every month, and sometimes this goes on for over a year without success or response.

My normal reaction to this is "when will you realise this approach isn't working" and the 206 thread reminded me of exactly the same.......

It was perhaps a bit harsh, but it reflected *my* (and Mrs T-S's, and she needs to be taken seriously) honest opinion of the 206 GTI. As said I wouldn't normally post like this for fear of jeapordising a sale but I think that it wasn't going to happen in this case.

Scoobyroof, for your own guidance in selling on here in the future, if you have to put more than two or three BTT's on the thread, then you should let the thread drop off the end and start another one - loads of BTT's put people off - or realise for whatever reason the approach is not working and try something else......www.peugeotsportclub.com for example....