Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Lotus Elise S2

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2002, 02:38 PM
KGB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Visited a local salvage yard yesterday and found a silver S2 Elise for sale. 02 plate with approx. 4000 miles. Stunning looking machine.

Starts and drives, damage to the fibreglass bodywork between o/s door and o/s/r wheel. Very slight mark on chassis (and it is VERY slight). Otherwise car is obviously as new.

Apparently parts had been priced to repair it at around £900, but not knowing much about these cars don't take that as definate.

Asking price is £16750. Up here they still fetch around £22k but i'm sure that i'll be corrected if these prices are wrong. If it was of any interest to anyone mail me and i'll send details, could probably get pictures sent too.

Keith.
Old 29 December 2002, 05:51 PM
pilotman
Scooby Regular

i dont mean to put a downer on this but even a slightly damaged chassis elise could be dangerous. Will also affect resale vals.

Have a look on the Lotus BBS and you will notice that folk usually steer well clear from damaged elises.

cheers
Old 29 December 2002, 08:28 PM
KGB
Scooby Regular

Thanks Pilotman,

I'll try to describe it a little better. What i am trying to describe is little more than a mark on the metal. I would be amazed if it had any effect on any part of the cars strength or structure.

Like i said i could go back and take a photo if anyone was genuinely interested. The car has nothing to do with me, i just thought that it might have been of interest to someone here, giving the opportunity to have a newer car for older money.

I appreciate your thoughts though Pilotman.