Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Phase I EJ20 closed deck block, crank, rods

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2003, 05:23 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had this from Falkland performance to inspect to see if I wanted it. No pictures, but it is an EJ20 closed deck block with crank, rods, and one piston still attached. From inspection the bores are nice and smooth and all the rods seem intact without any blue discolouration, and it all looks fine. I think the other 3 pistons were probably scavenged for other engines, but Falkland have bins full of them if you need a set. More usefully this would make a base for a rebuild, and hopefully the crank is OK, but I did not split the block to check. From looking underneath I can't see any damage, but I am not experienced looking inside engine blocks!

They want about £300 for it.

I have no commercial incentive to mention this and offered to say that it was available since I was not going to make use of it (have an EJ25 block now) and it is sitting doing nothing.

T-uk has the block at the moment, but if you want it it could be returned promptly to Falkland for shipping to you or your collection.

http://www.falkland.co.uk/contact.html ask for Allan or Kevin.
Old 24 January 2003, 06:29 PM
BoxerFlat4
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Must.... resist.... temptation too.... much..... destroy credit cards...... aaarrrrggggghhhh !!!

bttt for you - in all seriousness, I would buy it in a shot if I could afford £300 at the moment.