Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

honda s2000 engine and running gear

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2003, 03:19 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

i now have the above for sale ..ideal for a kit car or similar mail me for details please...jase....private sale but totally legit...
Old 19 February 2003, 05:47 PM
bazil2582
Scooby Regular

please email me all details

do you know if i could drop the engine into a prelude or civic??
Old 20 February 2003, 09:26 AM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

yhm bttt......
Old 21 February 2003, 02:16 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

bttt
Old 25 February 2003, 01:46 PM
SteveF
Scooby Regular

Wink

Bazil - it it did fit - but you'd have the fastest reversing civic in the world! - the F20C engine spins in the opposite direction to the B16 (old Civic engine) - I'm assuming you're not replacing the engine in the latest civic - which does go the same way

Jasemac - is the engine still for sale? can you email me or post the history - i.e. how the car was written off (rear end damage only?), what year / meleage it was, how much of the rest of the car you have (ECU, ignition barrel/immobiliser transponder + keys) and an idea of how much you are looking for for it - as I may be interested

Cheers
Steve
Old 20 March 2003, 03:00 PM
Nikko2
Scooby Regular

Cool

Steve,

Are you going to go ahead with project nutter. I always thought these engines had to be the ideal choice in a westfield.

Nick
Old 20 March 2003, 03:07 PM
SteveF
Scooby Regular

I've got most of an engine & 2 gearboxes at the moment (still waiting for bits from the supplier), and am trying to sort out a chassis - as Westfield are p*ssing me about - I've been looking elsewhere, and may have found a good one - which is stiffer (but slightly heavier than a Westie).

I already know of a couple of people who have done this transplant, and have had a ride in one of them at a track day - we spent most of the time going sideways! - this one is the 'original' project Nutter - as seen at Blink motorsport aka Bookatrack

Has 'the fossil' still got his (your?) Westie - does he fancy upgrading it?

Steve

Trending Topics

Old 21 March 2003, 12:44 AM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

Steve - I'm glad it's not just me! I've also given up on Westfield ever supplying my chassis.

Probably going for a Superlight now, the original plan was for a vtec westie but they just didn't want to play
Old 21 March 2003, 09:47 AM
SteveF
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I've had some very encouraging chats with both MK and Luego - who have both said they would be happy to tailor a chassis to my requirements - unlike Westfield(the problem being the width & height of the bellhousing - preventing the engine going back as far as it might). I've also read the MSc report of the guy who did a Finite Element analysis of the Luego chassis - and made improvements to the stiffness of the chassis of 300%, for a weight gain of 8 kg - which made it about 3x as stiff as a Caterham, and 4x a Westie. The only down-side of going to Luego / MK is that they use Sierra running gear - and nobody seems to make lightweight suspension components for them (hubs & uprights) - so the unsprung weight is going to remain higher than a Westie
Old 21 March 2003, 10:48 PM
Nikko2
Scooby Regular

Hi Steve,

Me and the Fossil still have the westy I had a good couple of runs in it last weekend perfect weather. Is the original project nutter car the one that playskool did? I heard he had to reverse the engines direction of rotation which sounds a task and half. Are there any links to cars on the web with more details of vtec 7 kit cars or is it all still hush hush pioneering stuff.

When you get it running I will have to see it

Old 25 March 2003, 12:58 PM
SteveF
Scooby Regular

Cool

The original 'project nutter' was built by one of the bookatrack guys (www.bookatrack,com) who have also now done an Elise upgrade by putting a 220 bhp Civic Type R engine + gearbox in it - They've gone commercial now, and have set up Blink motorsport (www.blinkmotorsport.com) to exploit their knowledge. 'Nutter' is based on an s2000 engine, the playskool car was based on a prelude engine which (as you said) had been converted to run in the 'correct' direction for a 'standard' transmission. The beauty of the new Honda engines (s2000 / CTR) are that they run the 'correct' way to start with, and the s2000 has a very nice 6 speed gearbox designed to run a RWD car.

If you're looking for info on VTECs into kit cars- I've got a mine of the stuff, but just as a taster try this link http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=1344

Steve
Old 25 March 2003, 03:26 PM
Nikko2
Scooby Regular

Red face

Wow that is the way to go. Everybody will want to have Honda power.

I really do need to see one of these. Do you know how the honda engines compare in weight to the usual engines?

I did a search on the internet for vtec westfields and couldnt find much. If you have anymore links put em up for me to read through.

Cheers

Nick
Old 25 March 2003, 03:38 PM
Nikko2
Scooby Regular

Question

Is the vtec engine quite tall as the blink car and the aussie racer both have the bonnets off the v8 westfield???
Old 25 March 2003, 03:44 PM
SteveF
Scooby Regular

Cool

Another taster courtesy of the Blink website ...

From the info I have from the honda website, the engine + gearbox + all ancillaries weighs in at about 145 kg - but this includes a huge A/C compressor (for a soft top?!) - I'll have to get mine on the scales at some point - the gearbox alone weighs about 25 kg. The entire 'nutter car' - which is pretty well stripped out - as its not a road car, weighs about 530 kg as far as I remember. The engine weight is comparable with the zetec / duratec engines, but the gearbox should be a lot lighter than a T9 / MT75

Steve
Old 25 March 2003, 03:53 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

.double post

[Edited by dhorwich - 3/25/2003 3:57:03 PM]
Old 25 March 2003, 03:56 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

you could easily fit a nice jackson super charger on that..!!! can you imagine..!!! that would be rapid..!

Dan
Old 25 March 2003, 04:09 PM
SteveF
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Yep - they need the extra room of the V8 bonnet, the CL of the output shaft to the top of the cam cover is 45 cm, and to the base of the sump 18 cm. The other'problem' is the 'hump' at the top of the bellhousing - which stops the engine going back too far in the chassis - you can see 'nutters' engine is quite far forward - I measured it at about 8" from the front of the bellhousing to the crossmember above the tunnel. This is where I asked Westfield if they could mod. the chassis to move or remove this member to get the engine in a better position - and this is where they siad NO! - That's why I'm now talking to MK & Luego
Old 25 March 2003, 07:25 PM
pilotman
Scooby Regular

post this up on the elise bbs - few people interested in dropping a honda lump instead of the rover one. . .