Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Big motor, little money...

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2003, 10:08 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My mother in law (don't laugh) would like to get rid of my late father in law's 1984 A plate Daimler Sovereign.

It's black with magnolia hide and has done a genuine 42000 miles from new. 2 owners, some history.

The car has been sitting around for a while and needs some TLC to get it back up to speed. The steering rack seals are blown (£170 exchange and not too hard to fit) and there is some rot in the spare wheel well (not unusual and not a MOT failure) but other than that it is essentially sound.

Oil pressure is good although the gauge doesn't work properly, which is normal. It starts and runs fine but would benefit from a damn good service. Then again, wouldn't we all...

It doesn't have aircon, but does have a sunroof & electric windows all round. Of course.

If you're interested I can get a manual 4 speed plus overdrive gearbox, pedal box, clutch and flywheel for around £500. It is easy to lose about 400lbs from the car by removing things like the seats and boot floor, changing the wheels for XJS alloys and so on. Ideally I'd like to take it on and make it into a trackday car that would look totally standard but would really **** some people off but I don't have the time...

We're open to offers.

S(imon)B

Edited to say that it's a 4.2 litre straight six injection. No cats.

Edited again for crap spelling...

[Edited by Sbradley - 4/3/2003 11:09:31 PM]

[Edited by Sbradley - 4/3/2003 11:11:07 PM]