Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

The downside to sex 3,lovely blue turbo, now with ad!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2003, 07:34 PM
Bumpkin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI ALL, I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE LAST POST BUT THE BODY OF THE AD DISSAPPEARED AND LEFT ONL THE REPLIES. APOLOGIES IF YOUR SICK OF SEEING THIS THREAD, ILL PUT THE POST UP AGAIN AND WITH LUCK ITLL STAY UP THIS TIME..

Hi all,

Im afraid the time has come, the Scooby has got to go (insert pause here whilst I have a quick sob). The wife has only gone and got herself pregnant. I wouldn’t mind so much but we haven’t had sex in years. Anyway, she assures me that “its mine” and now we have to get something dull, ugly and “riddled with airbags” to protect my most precious possessions. And the wife. I can’t believe I’m going to do this. Here goes…

My Subaru is an R reg 1997 turbo 2000 that has done 78, 000 miles and has a full service history (not to mention receipts for every penny ever spent, but we’ll come back to that). He is sonic blue and is pretty much spotless (apart from a pin dent in the rear, offside door and a 1cm scratch on the front wing that hasn’t even penetrated the lacquer. Better to be honest about these things now, to save disappointment/ confusion) and is the model with black dials (I’m led to believe that this is the best MY), black/grey interior, headlight washers etc. It currently has three months tax and 5 months MOT remaining, but I’m happy to re-MOT it because I know it’ll pass. Always has too.

The car has had two previous owners, both of whom I have met as I have basically shadowed the car until such time as I could afford to buy it for myself. In the six years it has been owned it has never been used at a track day or even driven hard as, well, there’s no two ways about this, we’ve all been desperately old farts about driving it. For the past two years (25 thousand miles) the oil has been changed every 1500 miles using castrol RS and genuine Subaru oil filters. It has just had a fuel and air filter service at Greenways in Norwich, my local dealer. It has also only ever been run on Optimax for the past three year’s, as, well I don’t really understand what would happen if I didn’t but I know its messy and expensive. If you think this has gone on too long so far, stand by: its about to get much, much worse. He (Sonic) has had the following modifications, all of which have been undertaken by Subaru trained mechanics. >deep breaths please<

Prodrive ECU
Prodrive 18” anthracite alloys with Pirelli P7000’s (5 months old, no scratches or kerbs whatsoever)
Scooby sport back box (lifetime guarantee) (8 months old).
Magnex down pipe (life time guarantee) (6 months old) and exhaust wrap.
Custom made centre section (life time guarantee, also stainless) (all of which add up to the perfect note IMHO. If it were too loud, believe me Id know as I live in a village where the average age is one million. Again, ill come back to this)
EBC up-rated clutch (5 months old, 7 months of guarantee left)(normal feel, none of this on/ off rubbish) and dot 5 fluid and master cylinder
EBC rear discs (3 months old)
EBC green stuff rear pads (3 months old)
EBC red stuff front pads (3 months old)
Scoobysport front multi grooved discs (3 months old)
Walboro up-rated fuel pump (4 months old)
HKS dump valve (8 months old)
JR air filter element (4 months old)
Up rated earth kit (3 months old)
JW racing adjustable quick shift
Adjustable boot spoiler with alloy inserts, and brake light colour coded (13 months old, cost £400 for the spoiler alone. Please don’t tell the wife)
Auto meter lightweight AFR
Racetech Boost gauge
Sparco alloy pedals and gear gaiter surround (with leather gaiter)
Momo gear ****
Cobra Cat 1 alarm
Kenwood head unit and six CD changer, plus Kenwood speakers and remote control Colour-coded front lip, side sills and mirrors
Crystal indicators and repeaters (3 months old)
Professionally debadged boot
Tailored floor mats

Plus… on top of all that, there is, in bubble wrap, every part that has ever come off for replacement. E.g. all exhaust components should the sound/ note not appeal (the centre cat has been professionally modified such that it can be replaced in minutes if you wish to do so for MOT. It passed MOT emissions without it in by the way). Also included are the original repeaters, gearshift x 2 , ecu, fuel pump, brake discs (professionally milled and skimmed should you wish to use them as spares or for track days etc), spare air box and swell chamber, original re-circ valve.

ALSO included are 4x 17”Gold Speedlines ultra-lights that are immaculate with good Falken tyres, a brand new K and N cone filter (fitted and immediately removed, didn’t like it, made me feel like a tit) and a Prodrive quick-shift (didn’t like this either). Now I know nobody wants all this stuff, but it could all be resold on the b.b.s. easily (the ECU and wheels are always being asked for as far as I can see) saving me the trouble of selling it/ storing it and obviously making you a bit of money too.

So, I’ve done my research on assorted forums and in the auto-trader etc, and cars of a similar age and mileage but not in this cool colour go for about 8k as far as I can tell. I’m thinking of asking 9- 10K for mine cos of all the modifications, the fact that it’s all documented completely (including such things as receipts for oil filters, wire, fuses, polish, etc. You name it, its all there. Sad but true.) the fact that its in near perfect condition(not blowing my own trumpet, it just been looked after really well by all who have owned it. Just look at the pic’s. It’s an age thing I guess) and the fact that it comes with all the spares, and well the colours perfect IMHO. As far as I can see it’s an absolute bargain at this price, but I am happy to be wrong and to be advised otherwise as always. Id really welcome comments on what folk think I should be pricing it at if I’m way off.

HOWEVER, can I please, please, please stress that I am not happy to be dogged by people offering me a handful of magic beans cos “I’ll be honest with you mate, I’m in the trade and I don’t want to pay for the car if I can help it, so that I can make a fortune on it for myself”. I am keen to get the sale over and done with (Sob, sniff), but I’m not stupid (despite what my friends, colleagues and haircut suggest) so please only call if you have actual money, as opposed to prams, vegetable airers, salad crispers, crappy old fords, or anything that involves the phrase “what it is mate…”.

So there we are. Ill stop going on now. LOADS of good pictures to be found on a clever website thingy at:

http://www.drinkinggadgets.com/sonic/

If you’d like more info (how?!) or to chat about the car, drop me a line on matt.bagley@btopenworld.com or give me a call on 01493 393980/ 07919 381386.

Ok, you can wake up now, I’ve finished.

Best wishes,
Matt.

Old 03 September 2003, 07:44 PM
danny-boy
Scooby Regular

Let's keep things clicky
Old 03 September 2003, 07:49 PM
Bumpkin
Scooby Regular

thanks danny boy, you lot are the best. despite my endless posting of this ad!!

thanks again, best wishes,

mjb
Old 06 September 2003, 12:39 PM
Bumpkin
Scooby Regular

boing, rescued from page 10!!!
Old 07 September 2003, 12:11 PM
Bumpkin
Scooby Regular

toppy again!!
Old 08 September 2003, 01:57 AM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

Bump for the best thread title ever
Old 08 September 2003, 09:39 AM
met
Scooby Regular

sorry if this has been asked alraedy but how much are you wanting? email me if you prefer?
Old 08 September 2003, 03:27 PM
Bumpkin
Scooby Regular

thanks andi, good to know someone out there appreciates weak puns as much as i do.

im looking for close to 10k for the car cos of the condition, the mods and all the spares, and im led to believe that this is about the right price for the car. that said, i am not so stubborn as to not talk about the price and i am of course open to offers and the obligatory haggling!!

give me a call or drop me a line if youd like to talk further.

thanks again all,
mjb
Old 09 September 2003, 05:07 PM
matt b.
Scooby Regular

>insert sound of six million dollar man jumping here<
Old 10 September 2003, 05:38 PM
Bumpkin
Scooby Regular

a short note just to say that my car is still for sale, even after someone hapless, in-bred half-wit tried to scam me out of it yesterday with a forged check (different name to the one he was using, not to mention different sex to the one he was currently using) who then got quite "cross" when i said that hed have to wait for it clear before he could take the car. i just love all this, dont you?

best wishes to all of you with real names and appropriate gender organs,
matt
Old 11 September 2003, 11:34 PM
Bumpkin
Scooby Regular

toppy
Old 14 September 2003, 02:33 PM
Bumpkin
Scooby Regular

boing.

just wanted to say, after having driven the poxy work car for the past two weeks i drove my scooby again yesterday. trust me gang, if you ever get bored of your car, take two weeks out and drive something else. Youll thank me for it.

even harder to sell my car now, pooey.better go before i well up again,

best wishes y'all.
matt