Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

For Sale: HKS Super SQV Dump Valve

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2004, 05:51 PM
scoobytravis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale: HKS Super SQV Dump Valve

HKS Super SQV Dump Valve - Vent to atmosphere type Model Code: EJ207 Fits 1999/2000 Classic UK Subaru Impreza Turbo , includes ALL parts to fit to car including intercooler bracket, intercooler flange and bolts,pipework,clips,blanking plug and hoses. Also includes diagramatic instruction leaflet that came with the item from new. Supplied in original box. This was fitted to my own car for several weeks but I decided to refit the original recirc dump valve. Therefore it is a used item but is in fantastic condition, reflecting the short time it was in use on my own car.

£175 including P&P

Last edited by scoobytravis; 15 February 2004 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Added further details
Old 15 February 2004, 11:02 PM
scoobytravis
Scooby Regular

>>
Old 16 February 2004, 05:16 PM
scoobytravis
Scooby Regular

up to the top
Old 16 February 2004, 05:49 PM
Molds
Scooby Regular

ST, how come you went back to recirc? Did it mess with the running of your car? Interested as I have been looking at SQV so am interested.
Ta
Old 16 February 2004, 06:05 PM
scoobytravis
Scooby Regular

The HKS valve is quite loud (though I believe you can get different inserts to adjust the noise - never tried/looked though), and after a few weeks, it was not really my thing (quite understand why others like the sound though!!).
As well as that I have a full decat, and with the DV got a fair few pops and bangs from the exhaust,(which DID sound goooood!!) particularly when lifting off from full throttle at high-ish revs - guess thats the overfuelling thing then. Never really noticed any drop in fuel consumption though, but then I guess we are talking minimal amounts of overfuelling, and only on the extreme (pops/bangs from exhaust only occasionally under high revs/lift off)
I believe the HKS SSQV is pretty much OK compared to some other VTA dump valves with regard to idling, as from what I have read, some VTA`s can cause unstable revs at idle. Can honestly say, I never had any problems with this dump valve though, and am selling because of the noise issue (for me anyway), also I am having the car remapped in a few weeks, so thought it better to return to recirc vv, as, again from what I have read on this board, VTA valves can cause overfuelling. So I just want to remap with a standard DV, and avoid possibly another remap if I changed back to recirc - so going back to recirc anyway. Does this make sense?
The DV ws only on my car a few weeks and was bought new, so is in excellent condition, and complete with all the right bits to fit to 99/00 car (it was supplied specifically to fit 99/00 classic UK car)

Hope this helps

Graham
Old 16 February 2004, 10:51 PM
silverstrike
Scooby Regular

Default no probs!

no probs with this BOV mate, and it sounds absolutely amazing, it also has no effect on the running of the car, so go on take of his hands and shatter a few bus-stops!! the price is right considering they are nearly £300 brand spanking, this is not to be missed!
Old 17 February 2004, 09:25 AM
Molds
Scooby Regular

Scoobytravis: sorry fella, did what really annoys me that others on here do and didnt read your post properly. I have a MY98 and yours is for 99/00. I have slapped my wrists

silverstrike: unlucky for me chap (in the bov sense) I was on holiday last week. Before I went Ant and I had agreed a price for the one on your car. while i was away I got "blown off" as he subsequently sold it to you
Old 17 February 2004, 05:00 PM
scoobytravis
Scooby Regular

Old 18 February 2004, 08:36 AM
scoobytravis
Scooby Regular

>>
Old 18 February 2004, 06:05 PM
scoobytravis
Scooby Regular