Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Godspeed 355 kit

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2004, 09:16 AM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Godspeed 355 kit

This kit is brand new and will only fit behind 18" wheels or larger. Kit consists of:

355mm Discs grooved
Aluminium bells
Pair of four pot calipers
Mounting brackets, nuts & bolts
Mintex M1144 fast road pads
Full Fitting instructions

The kit has been upgraded with DS2500 pads.

The kit is absolutely huge!

You will have full guarantee from Ian at Godspeed as the kit hasnt even left his workshop.

Retail is £895 + £30 to upgrade to the DS2500 pads.

For sale at £825 all in (£100 saving which is more than 10% discount from Ian)

Only one kit left
Old 01 March 2004, 04:19 PM
CustomScoobyIOM
Scooby Regular

Top for Frank
Old 01 March 2004, 09:56 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Get up there
Old 02 March 2004, 08:46 AM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Come on you t*rts!

May swap if you got some interested goodies and cash.

On the look out for:

P1 springs
Facelift bonnet in ally
Morettes
Old 03 March 2004, 05:11 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Old 06 March 2004, 04:11 PM
BanzaiBob
Scooby Regular

super bargain price for an excellent set up

bttt for Money

Last edited by BanzaiBob; 07 March 2004 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07 March 2004, 11:47 AM
BanzaiBob
Scooby Regular

sunday peeps?
Old 07 March 2004, 08:00 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Looks like it got sold to one lucky member

Someone just saved themselves £100
Old 08 March 2004, 08:11 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

yeah baby !!!!

Nate.
Old 14 October 2005, 09:37 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Looks like after asking Ian for ages for things, I have finally sourced nuts bolts and shims myself, fitted them today, and the disks are grinding against the caliper.

Not too sure about the mounting bracket templates being correct . And if you try to Email/phone Ian, you get nothing.

Wholly dissapointed to be honest

Nate.
Old 14 October 2005, 09:47 PM
TyPe~~R
Scooby Regular

I got a Facelift bonnet in ally
Old 15 October 2005, 01:28 AM
eagle
Scooby Regular

im still waiting for him to get back to me about thicker discs ... only been waiting since july 15th .. mine cracked on the disc/bell bolt holes..
Old 15 October 2005, 09:00 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

I've given up trying to get hold of him, he seems to hide behind an answering machine !!!!

Nate.
Old 15 October 2005, 11:33 AM
eagle
Scooby Regular

i know he has had some rally's to do the past few months .. but ...
Old 15 October 2005, 06:48 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Nate*
I've given up trying to get hold of him, he seems to hide behind an answering machine !!!!

Nate.
Dont really want to slag Ian off, But I did intend to buy the AP 6-pot 355mm conversion from him, but the 1st problem was that he didnt accept credit card or any other means of plastic, then I said that I would meet him at his workshop and pay cash, he said he would phone me back to arrange when I could meet him, and he never did, In the end I paid the extra £100 and got them from TSL the next day.
Old 15 October 2005, 06:51 PM
eagle
Scooby Regular

i am looking at getting my next set from Martin Hadland at Reyland ... genuine ap's for not alot more than i paid to start off with ....
although its a pain in the **** and more expence i think i might have to bite the bullet on this one.
Old 15 October 2005, 07:04 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Paid TSL £1,495 for my AP 6-pots with 355mm discs. They have one more set available.
Old 16 October 2005, 07:14 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

Eagle , according to Ian he has given you a very good price on new discs , as you've had them for over a year , but your expecting them for nothing ?? so dont bend the truth now....And one think you havent mentioned is your kit is a custom build kit to clear your wheels , standard off the shelf stuff wont fit your car ,

Nate - Ian is in Jersey , He went over last week and wont be back in work until tomorrow , so no you wont get an answer , but if youve fitted your own shims it sounds like you have fitted the wrong sized ones , you can see when the calipers are fitted if they are going to rub , you cant really slag Ian off when you didnt even buy it off him .

Scoobyboy , Ian didnt ring you as he already seen you add on here that you bought a kit from elsewhere , what was the point in him ringing you then ??
Old 04 November 2005, 07:22 AM
eagle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by awd wrx
Eagle , according to Ian he has given you a very good price on new discs , as you've had them for over a year , but your expecting them for nothing ?? so dont bend the truth now....And one think you havent mentioned is your kit is a custom build kit to clear your wheels , standard off the shelf stuff wont fit your car ,
not bending the truth in any way at all ..

i last e-mailed ian back in july and have received nothing back from him ..
all i asked was can he get me thicker discs 32mm as opposed to 28mm i will look into it and let you know he said .. still waiting ..
also asked for a price on some 355mm and if that would help the recurring problem as i had a set of 18inch compomotive mo's on order all he said was they wont fit under your current wheels ???? so the mo's have been ditched ..

I never have expected them for nothing, the discs have done 3 track days and have minimal wear i possibly drive at the maximum 3k per year .. this is the second set that have died in the same way. (1st set lasted 4 track days)
when i went back there last year ian remade the bells from scratch and never charged me then charged me minimal for the discs.

custom kit yep they are .. to make them fit ian had to grind off about 2 mm from my custom made track rod ends (this has now started to fail i haven't said oh by the way you owe me £170 for a new pair) rather than move the whole thing out to fit correctly .
the front offset on the wheels is an et42 and i needed an et35 ian did wonders making the kit for em to fit .. i have always got ian to fit his kits this way i know its done to how he wanted and any little problems can be sorted by him without evrything getting confused.
i would have rather spent more greif and hassle to hammer the arches out more.

as for off the shelf .. i have been told the discs are ... so i'm lost as to where you are going with this ?? (car is a saphire cosworth 4wd, just because there is not kit available for my numbnut wheels )

I have been an avid supporter of ians stuff for the past 5-6 years ..always sticking up for him about his stuff etc when other people have been slating him, of which no doubt he will confirm he even sent me a set of pads once as i was a bit desperate for a track day BEFORE i had payed him .. this is why i am at a loss as to why he has not contacted me .. as a loyal customer of sorts ....
as the original offer still stands about the discs then i might get em ... seems easier than getting summit else created...

im not into bending the truth at all just because i did not do this essay before doesnt mean im hiding anything... your post has prompted me to actually go into all this detail (not what i would have liked to do on a public forum) ...

might be that ian could have been a little more diplomatic when i foned him back in july, possibly asking me to come down and let him see em, then telling me i need to get a new set of discs every year due to the fact the AP 6 pots work too well ..
as you can expect i was a little stressed when i rang him about it but with good reason, 2 sets died in the same way and im half way through a trackday...

so to summerise ...

i HAVE never expected the discs for nothing...
the DISCS are available OFF THE SHELF...
ian made me a CUSTOM KIT...
BOTH sets of DISCS have FAILED IN THE SAME WAY...
I do possibly FOUR trackdays a year and a total mileage of 3-4k...
i am WAITING for ian to tell me if he can make 32mm discs fit and at WHAT COST ...
do i need to get discs with a better metal content?? ap or brembo etc...
i have ALWAYS backed ian up on his stuff and have done so to this date...
what i originaly POSTED in no way was not the truth...

so in trying to make me out to look a little bit shady or not telling the whole truth .. here it is for everyone to read ..

im NOT going to let you imply that i am in the wrong .... or BENDING the truth ..

so ian if you read this ... e-mail me and say hi at least ..

here endeth the lesson ... phew......

Last edited by eagle; 04 November 2005 at 07:28 AM.
Old 05 November 2005, 08:38 AM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

I asked Ian this morning , and he has emailed me a copy of the last message he had off you after telling you that you could have the discs for £200 cost price -

best i get £200 sorted out at the end of the month for some discs then will let ya know if i can get the cash sorted i hate cars

this is a PM you sent him on Passionford on 28th of July , and he has not heard from you since , as far as he knew you were getting £200 together and then going to him for him sort fit them all for free and have another look at your one off cutom kit to see if anything else could be changed.

He said , because he had to skim that and modify this , it could be a number of things that may be giving you problems , it may not , as yours was the first he had made like that there was no way of seeing if any problems would arise without trying them , perhaps you should have just got some more suitable wheels for big brakes , then you could have fitted a tried and tested product , I guess it will make him think twice about doing this sort of thing in the future...

Oh and if you find a rod end that lasts please tell me , as I have to change them all on my rally car at least once a year , and there 12 of them , if he has ground a bit off them to give a bit of clearance for the discs on the track rod end , I have done this loads of times on my rally cars if the discs are too close , if Ian had done this incorrectly and taken too much off it would snap , I think he's done this enough times to know what he's doing there , I guess yours are knocking or have a bit of play in them , they all do this unfortunately

Last edited by awd wrx; 05 November 2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05 November 2005, 08:40 AM
eagle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by awd wrx
I asked Ian this morning , and he has emailed me a copy of the last message he had off you after telling you that you could have the discs for £200 cost price -

best i get £200 sorted out at the end of the month for some discs then will let ya know if i can get the cash sorted i hate cars

this is a PM you sent him on Passionford on 28th of July , and he has not heard from you since
i sent him an e-mail to his normal addy ...
just looked in my sent box .. sent Wed 20/07/2005 08:28

Ok.

How can I stop the cracking from the bolt holes?

Do you think I need to go to a bigger disc???

Would it help if I went to a bigger disc, I know I would need a larger wheel and that can be sorted out (comp mo’s)

Also need different brackets, but would I need new bells??

What are the costs involved in going to a 350 + disc?

Many thanks
Old 05 November 2005, 09:09 AM
eagle
Scooby Regular

nice quick edit there .....

to be honest ..

you have basically said more to me in your edit than ian managed to say to me in about 6 e-mails and a few pm's ..

as for making big brakes fit a 4wd cosworth if im the first then im shocked.. but i know im not ..
i know the wheels are the wrong offset .. ian said this was not going to be much of a problem when i first spoke to him.

as you are his spokesperson i take it its all my fault for having the wrong wheels then?? and he did know of problems as the first set of discs broke in exactly the same way .. i came to see him with the car and old discs still fitted ..
sorry i have a road car .. not quite upto the hammering your rally car gets .. so not a fair comparison really ...
pm was sent as a need really .. had another day lined up .. needed to find 200 quid plus the fuel to get to ian's .. couldnt get it so cancelled the day .

but as you seem to think im well off thats not a factor really ....

will post more but im late and needed to be somewhere 10 mins ago ..oops
Old 05 November 2005, 04:00 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

Well no actually , your car doing track days probably gets more of a hammering on the brakes than my rally car does , I do single venue rallies so probably dont go much over 100mph , most stuff is 2nd , 3rd and 4th gear stuff , so what I do is fairly easy on the brakes , where as you are coming down from 3 figure speeds most bends lap after lap.

I didnt say that he had never done a 4x4 cossy kit , but what he did with your car was a one off that he's not done before , the first discs he did he skimmed down the thickness the get them in the gap you had in your wheels , which making them thinner , they will not take the heat a thicker disc will . he only found this wouldnt work after trying it for you , at least he tried stuff out for you , I dont think anyone else would have taken on such a build.

I'm not his spokesman but as he cant add to this thread himself , I thought I would try and add something to make it a bit more fairer on him as you keep going on the attack rather than contact him direct , you say you are probably going to go to Martin Hadland for him to make a kit , ok thats fair enough , by why keep going on about it for the last 4 months , surely you could have saved enough to put something bigger on by now - and before you go off on one , this is not a snide remark or sacasm , just that he has put a lot of time into doing a kit to suit your wheels , and at the end of the day , its worked to a certain extent , but obviously not to your expectations , so perhaps its time to try something else , the time and effort that went itno your kit , it probably cost him money to make it for you , and I think he said you had a set of DS3000's for free to try , they arnt cheap ,
Good luck with whatever you try , but I'm out of this conversation now ,

Cheers
Old 05 November 2005, 05:22 PM
eagle
Scooby Regular

just one last comment ..

i have not kept on about it .. been very quiet .. just pointed out one thing ..
i was more than happy with ian's stuff .. there was a 3 way converstaion about it with someone else.. im glad you have said ian can not reply as now i can pass the message onto others if they start asking why he is not around ...

i have never expected anything for free from ian .. or asked for it ... but i will pm youo as im enjoying this back and fro .. not to be rude or disrespectfull but im interested in some things thats all ...
Old 05 November 2005, 05:56 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

It all sounds a bit dodgy to me.
Old 05 November 2005, 06:06 PM
eagle
Scooby Regular

in what way???