Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Sierra 4x4 RS Cosworth for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2004, 02:59 PM
cfoster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sierra 4x4 RS Cosworth for sale

After forking out copious amounts of money I have decided to sell my sapphire cosworth.

Here is a spec:

1992 J plate 4x4 sapphire Cossie
Rare Moondust Silver
FSH with all receipts / bills, covering over 12k before I bought it!, plus all original invoices etc….
Car itself has covered circa 94000 miles
Full black leather Recaro interior
Late spec everything (ie – black dash, dark carpets etc)
Electric Sunroof (rare optional extra)
Air Conditioning (does work, needs re-gassing and I will do this before the car is sold)
Electric everything
Heated Front Screen
Cat1 alarm with 2 further immobilizers
Solex Door locks

Engine:

Brand new Field Motorsport Prepped Stage 3 engine. 200 block, pocketed pistons, Group A WRC worked head, new T3 turbo with 360 bearings etc. All engine components have been acid cleaned/painted and looks new!.

4” Mongoose exhaust
3 bar map sensor
dark green injectors
brand new Bailey oil breather kit
all new sensors etc etc
Koni adjustable suspension and lowering springs
Poly bushes (fitted)
17" Antera 143 Alloys with new tyres (5 alloys)
Smoked windows (professionally done)
New discs and pads all round
Just had 1 years MOT (passed without a problem) (all old MOT’s included)
6 months tax

Just had a brand new gearbox fitted, along with a brand new B&M Quickshift kit which shortens gear throw dramatically.

The car is circa 350bhp and runs at about 22psi of boost. Toyed with many cars including subarus, porsche 911's, Audi Quattro's M3's (sorry!) and none of them can keep up!

Only thing about the car is that it is recorded from 1998, even though it shouldn’t have been. This did put me off buying it initially, but the car was so clean it didn’t bother me in the end.
Basically the car was involved in an accident in 1998 where a woman driving an MGF decided to pull out of a turning a hit the side of the cossie., and the guy who owned the cossie took it to his friend at a bodyshop who quoted him £xxxx amount of money to repair through the insurance. He did a stupidly high quote to get as much insurance money from it as possible. It was all agreed, and the car was classified as CatD write off by the insurance company (minimal category), but the work was never actually carried out (thus shouldn't have been officially recorded). My friend, who I bought it from offered him good money as it was, and he took him up on the offer. It cost my friend £500 to get the repair done, all that was needed was a passenger front and rear door, and a front wing. So much so it is still recorded. I have been told it can be taken off the register but have never had the time to do so.

Due to this I’m not sure what the car is worth. I’ve seen clean silver saffs sell for 7k – 8k with xxxxxxx mileage, so am aware this will be of lesser value, but saying that, everything under the bonnet is brand new and covered only 1000 miles!!! The engine and gearbox has cost me over 5k in the last couple of months, so this is a serious bargain to be had!

I’m gonna ask £6500 for it as it stands. I know that the first to view will buy as it is difficult to find a clean one.

I will possibly part x/swap for something of similar value, preferably a BMW etc....

Here are a few pics of the car.

heres a few before the engine went in!

Cheers
Chris
Old 10 March 2004, 08:33 PM
cfoster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boing!!