Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

SELLING MODIFIED LEGACY TURBO ESTATE

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2004, 06:47 PM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post SELLING MODIFIED LEGACY TURBO ESTATE

Time to sell my Legacy:

Subaru Legacy Turbo estate (4WD) 2.0 Litre J-Reg. Charcoal (Black).
0-60 time of 6.9s as standard should be better with mods. Closed deck engine apparently (Quite resilient).

I bought it around 2 years ago with 94,000 miles on the clock with a Full Subaru Service History.

Head Gasket went due to radiator being full of rubbish. Radiator was replaced and Head Gasket with uprated Impreza STI version.

Clutch went...replaced with Impreza STI clutch and flywheel (standard one).

Tyres were useless replaced with Goodyear Eagle F1's on 16" Standard MY 2000 Impreza alloys (silver).

It has a sunroof but no aircon and all the window except the back one have tints.

Koni shock absorbers (Adjustable in terms of firming up NOT height nothing flash) and standard springs (NOT replaced).

PIAA headlamp and foglights (Yellow apparently better for fog) bulbs.

Blitz Boost gauge

Lambda Link.

Full stainless steel Mongoose (Decat) Exhaust.

Uprated Panel filter (Green filter).

New MAF fitted 2-3 months ago.

New Lambda (Oxygen) Sensor fitted a few weeks ago and new front and rear pads.

Iridium HKS spark plugs. Apparently better for a car running at higher boost.

Superchip - Ups the boost to a max. of 1.2 bar.

Handsfree phone kit - Professionally fitted by Carphone warehouse. Voice activated dailing for Motorola V50 (I'll throw that in as well).

Geometry set up for handling by TSL Motorsport, Nottingham.

New wipers and arm (front and back) when I bought the car.

Clifford 600 Blackjax (Anti Hijack) Cat 1 alarm

Trackstar Protector Tracking device.

The car is totally undersealed professionally by Chez at Inkar Valeters of Rochdale.

The car is always allowed to warm up before drven hard and warmed down after any drive (long or short). It has never been abused or tracked.

Always used Subaru parts or better. Oil change done more often than every 3000 miles (Ask 'Robinsons' Subaru of Rochdale how often I'm in there!). I use Millers fully synthetic 10W60. Even more often oil changes when I was on my Motor vehicle mechanic course NVQ last year!!!

Fuel always Optimax before that I used Super unleaded but I believe Optimax is better will Millers Octane Booster (Sometimes using two bottles).

I have had numerous parts changed and put right on this car. I was really enthusiastic about this car but my job situation has changed. The Insurance is bloody stupid and I am getting sick of every joey under the sun thinking that they can have it without paying for it (I live in one of those nasty innercity areas in Manchester hence stupid insurance, no drive, no garage). Following me in my car can get on my nerves and constantly being asked if I want to sell my car for £2.50 and a bag of chips! I need to save up for a house as I rent and am getting sick of it!

The last work I had done on it was at Prosport in Stockport by Peter. The majority of the work done on the car has been done by Ken at RE Performance in Bury and Chy at Penine Subaru in Hebdon Bridge who advised me to put the car for sale at £2500. He knows the car pretty well.

So I will have to settle for something a bit more normal - Nissan Primera GT or a reasonable Toyota Avensis, as I only have £4000 maximum to spend if I get this shifted.

I am offering it at £2,300 but that is negotiable. I have receipts to prove the majority of the work. The car has never failed an MOT and apart from the initial head gasket problem it has been fine. I am offering the car at a higher price to the general public but I want to offer it to fellow Scoobynetters first. Well really I want an enthusiast to get it who will look after it.

Cheer Aaquil.
Old 02 April 2004, 08:13 PM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

The Clifford 600 also has 'Intellistart' which allows the car to be started from the key forb yet until the car is disarmed by the key forb and the key is put in the ignition the car is completely armed and unable to be driven away. Also, when you get home and exit the car you can have the engine running like a turbo timer then switch it off and arm it from the key forb.

Aaquil
Old 03 April 2004, 11:42 AM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

Anyone interested?
Old 04 April 2004, 02:31 PM
schwantzy
Scooby Regular

have you got any pics?
Old 05 April 2004, 05:30 PM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by schwantzy
have you got any pics?
I did have a digital camera until my son managed to destroy it!!! I will have to see if vmy friend can sort me out then I will send it to u via e-mail. can I get your e-mail off this site or will u pass it onto me.

By the way the brake pads and oil change was done recently...did I mention that?

Are you interested in the car? I am based in the Northwest is that a problem?

Aaquil