Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

96 WRX, Cat1, Tracker, low mileage - £6,995

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2004, 12:55 AM
DJNafey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 96 Impreza WRX, Cat1, Tracker, WRX plate, low mileage - £6,495

Subaru Impreza WRX import. An original car that hasn't been mucked about with, apart from security and stereo upgrade. Great spec, lovely condition, low mileage. Went into the Subaru garage yesterday for a new MOT and oil / filter change.

1996 (originally an 'N' reg but I bought "L** WRX" and re-registered it) (new square number plates look cool!)

64,300 miles but with a very low-mileage engine reconditioned and fitted 5,000 miles ago

Engine well looked after, driven sensibly, always run on Optimax

Oil / filter changed after 1,000 miles by Subaru main dealer and again yesterday (after 5,000 miles).

Clifford Concept 300 Cat1 alarm / immobiliser with shock sensor, anti-jack sensor (detects lifting onto a trailer or jacking up to steal the wheels) and a turbo timer (all turbos have to be left running to cool down after a fast run - this leaves the car running whilst fully alarmed / immobilised).

Tracker Monitor tracking device - if the car's moving and the keys aren't in the ignition, they phone you up and track the car to tell the police where it is.

This was all fitted by Huets in Sussex (very professional) and cost me over £1000 ten months ago. It's all very reliable - if you can hear the alarm going off or the Tracker people phone you, someone IS trying to steal the car!

Kenwood 4x50 watt CD / MP3 player (12 months old) with decent Pioneer TS-E front and rear speakers (6 months old) - won't make your eardrums bleed but it's a lot better than what I took out!

Air conditioning / climate control

Two-tone cloth / alcantara suede trim

Power steering

ABS

Electric windows, front and rear

Electic folding mirrors

Electric aerial

Remote central locking

Front fogs and rear fog fitted into the rear light clusters (not a nasty £4.99 lamp stuck on the rear bumper like on many imports)

Aftermarket steering wheel / gear **** fitted whilst in Japan (tasteful and in keeping with the relative refinement of the car)

Lovely 16" silver double-5-spoke alloys with 205/50/16 tyres

Excellent silver bodywork - just a couple of scratches on the driver's door (which I could probably T-cut out tomorrow). I spent 4 months looking for my ideal Impreza in excellent condition and this was it.

12 months MOT (Subaru main dealer passed it yesterday)

6 months tax

And now, because I want to be honest and don't want anyone wasting my time - the only fault: the clutch is a little juddery - could probably be adjusted but it has never bothered me - it's really not a big deal at all.

I've had this car since July. I bought it for £8,000, had a low mileage engine reconditioned and fitted, spent £1000 on security, fitted a new stereo and speakers and have had two oil changes at main dealer prices - this car owes me over £10,000 but I'm selling it for ............

£6,495 (reduced from £6,995)

My God, I must be mad. But there's some conditions:

1. I'm doing test drives with ME driving unless you have the cash in your hand and an insurance certificate to cover it if you crash it - this is 260bhp, it's not for amateurs!

2. I'm not giving out my address until I've chatted to you on the phone - I'm afraid that I am gypsy-phobic and don't want any late-night surprises.

3. If I let you have my car, you have to promise to look after it.

Last edited by DJNafey; 01 June 2004 at 01:12 PM. Reason: changed price
Old 03 May 2004, 12:48 PM
DJNafey
Scooby Regular

12 hours and down to the bottom of the page?! You put as much detail as this in an advert and no-one asks you any questions, lol. DOH !
Old 03 May 2004, 05:41 PM
DJNafey
Scooby Regular

......and I don't want any more calls from sales people. I've just put my advert in Auto Trader so I don't want to buy any more advertising space or services. Thank you.
Old 07 May 2004, 08:47 PM
DJNafey
Scooby Regular

I can't believe you're not all fighting to be the first one to get at this car - it's fantastic at that price and in great condition.

In fact, it's even more of a bargain now as I've just put £45 of Optimax in it! Anyone wanna get round here this evening before I use it?!
Old 27 May 2004, 01:32 PM
DJNafey
Scooby Regular

BTTT for anyone who didn't take full advantage of reading this 3 weeks ago. I'm prepared to haggle a little now, by the way !
Old 27 May 2004, 06:42 PM
R1916v
Scooby Regular

Why would you have a 96 N reg and re register it as an L reg? Or do you purely mean its an N reg with a private plate?
Old 01 June 2004, 01:18 PM
DJNafey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by R1916v
Why would you have a 96 N reg and re register it as an L reg? Or do you purely mean its an N reg with a private plate?
Sorry for the delay in replying - I didn't get a notification about your message. when I bought the car (which was manufactured in 1996), it was correctly registered as 'N*** ***'. I thought it would look a bit better with some square WRX plates (see the top photo) ... so I bought 'L** WRX' from the DVLA and re-registered it. They had a better choice of 'L reg' numbers than 'N reg' numbers.

WRX plates are quite fashionable on Imprezas and, if I sold the number, I could easily get the £300 back that it cost me.

UPDATE: I've now reduced my car from £6,995 to £6,495. If I don't have a queue of people rushing to my door at that kind of money, then I guess I'll just keep it !