Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Clifford Concept 600 alarm (Impreza modified)

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2004, 03:41 PM
siwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clifford Concept 600 alarm (Impreza modified)

I have recently upgraded my alarm from the top of the range Thatcham approved Concept 600 (G4) to the new G5 version so have my old alarm for sale. It is a special unit designed by Clifford for use on the Impreza as electronic interference caused problems with the standard concept 5 and 600's.

I bought new looms and a new siren for the alarm so that I could use it on another car without the hastle of hardwiring cuts etc. However, I no longer need it so would like to shift it ideally. The alarm was no trouble at all while it was on my car and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to bell up their pride and joy.

Features on the alarm are (nicked from clifford website www.clifford.co.uk)

ACG2: Anti-CodeGrabbing 2 technology defeats thieves latest remote control "cloning" devices
Low Battery Warning: Audibly alerts you when it is time to change the remote control battery
BlackJax: Anti-carjacking/vehicle self-recovery subsystem that's real-world proven to save vehicles and lives.
Built-In Starter Interrupt: Prevents a thief from starting your vehicle, even if he cuts all the wires
Dual-Point AutoImmobiliser: Guards two vital circuits, your vehicle's starter and ignition systems
Exclusive Wireless Immobiliser/FuelGuard: Untraceable, unbreachable 3rd-point immobilisation of the fuel pump or other device for the ultimate security.
Digital Tilt/Motion Sensor: Detects even the slightest vehicle lifting and forward/reverse rolling without any of the false alarms common to less sophisticated sensors
Dual-Zone Digital Proximity Sensor 4: The world's best movement-detecting sensor, both full-alarm and a "you are too close" warning tone
Dual-Zone OmniSensor: Our most advanced, digital analysis vibration/impact sensor.
Window Closure: Automatically closes a pair of electric windows every time you arm with the remote
Self-Powered SmartSiren 4: All features of the Medallion Siren, plus G4 ComLink and built-in battery make this siren tamper-proof; keeps wailing even if all wires are cut.
Selectable Personalized Siren Sounds: Choose your own unique set of six sound patterns for distinct recognition from a distance; up to 15 different sounds via CliffNet Wizard.
Remote Siren Silencing: Safely lets you silence the siren if sounding, without disarming/unlocking
AutoImmobilisation: System automatically immobilises 30 seconds after switching off the ignition
Selectable AutoArming: Automatically arms itself passively if you forget to arm with the remote

As you can see from the picture it is like new. These systems retail for about £600 fitted in basic form. Im looking to cover the cost of the looms and siren (which you can see from the pic are brand new)

£150 sounds fair considering ebay have a few concept 300s up for more than that
Old 26 May 2004, 04:04 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I'd like to register an interest and may be serious if I can find a decent installer. I have a 600 at the moment but its been installed by a colour blind monkey and many features don't work/malfunctions alot.

I take it this alarm was is in perfect working order, does it have the feature to plug it into a laptop through the wizard? I've been told that my alarm may need a new siren as the battery may be flat but at a cost of £90 fitted and no guarantee that it will fix any of the issues - I believe its been installed very badly which is causing the malfunctions.
Old 26 May 2004, 04:16 PM
siwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
I'd like to register an interest and may be serious if I can find a decent installer. I have a 600 at the moment but its been installed by a colour blind monkey and many features don't work/malfunctions alot.

I take it this alarm was is in perfect working order, does it have the feature to plug it into a laptop through the wizard? I've been told that my alarm may need a new siren as the battery may be flat but at a cost of £90 fitted and no guarantee that it will fix any of the issues - I believe its been installed very badly which is causing the malfunctions.
Hi Edd
I know a few decent people round here who can install it for you for about 150-200 quid. The alarm was in perfect condition when it came off the car as were the sensors, the rest is all new so wont be a problem.
Old 26 May 2004, 04:20 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Where are you based mate? I live in West Wales hence the lack of "Good" installers. Have been told that it really should a couple of days job done properly. May be an issue to remove the current system.

You have to see the amount of wires hanging around my ECU its laughable some of the wires are twisted together with gaffer tape round them

/edit - I'd be tempted to have a go at it myself if I could get a wring diagram. Anythings better than whats there now.

Last edited by EddScott; 26 May 2004 at 04:22 PM.
Old 26 May 2004, 04:26 PM
siwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
Where are you based mate? I live in West Wales hence the lack of "Good" installers. Have been told that it really should a couple of days job done properly. May be an issue to remove the current system.

You have to see the amount of wires hanging around my ECU its laughable some of the wires are twisted together with gaffer tape round them

/edit - I'd be tempted to have a go at it myself if I could get a wring diagram. Anythings better than whats there now.

Im in surrey mate so not that close. It should take a good installer about 5-6 hours to install a 600 without any problems. Some companies bodge them in in half that time which is half the reason alarms go wrong. Other option is to price up changing the loom etc and getting a proper installer to do it, bill the original one if u can. Clifford parts all have a guarantee on them if theyre at fault
Old 26 May 2004, 05:02 PM
Paul_M
Scooby Regular

If it's got all the bits working 100% and you'll post it to me for £150 then I'll take it. Mail me paul_morgan@ntlworld.com

Cheers.
Old 26 May 2004, 06:13 PM
tweenierob
Scooby Regular

Hopefully money is phoning you now

Will collect for £150 mate

Rob