Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

My bike and some £££££ 4 a scooby?

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2004, 11:23 AM
skillz666
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My bike and some £££££ 4 a scooby?

Thinking of saying goodbye to my my bike

Its a 03 zx636 in blue 1000 miles on it micron can,double bubble screen,mini indicators front and rear,rear seat cowl,bar ends,body protectors,data tool alarm,and a **** end kit this bike is less than a year old.

I will trade my bike and some ££ if the right scooby comes along
Old 30 May 2004, 06:30 PM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

You have a private message..

J
Old 31 May 2004, 05:29 AM
skillz666
Scooby Newbie

bounce !!
Old 31 May 2004, 07:34 AM
Trem
Scooby Regular

Resized it a bit for ya.

Old 31 May 2004, 04:23 PM
skillz666
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Trem

tyvm
Old 01 June 2004, 12:58 PM
brybusa
Scooby Regular

Dont do it!!!

Learn from my lesson!
I did exactly the same as you, MUST,just MUST have a Scooby.....bought one, the day I had the first mods done(exhaust and filter) I drove it home, it sunk in how much I missed the bike...id had the car a total of 6 weeks and it was up for sale

I used the car in the same manner as the bike, just used it purely for blasts in the evening and at weekend, it was good, to a point, but not a patch on the fun of a bike, the camaraderie, the runs out, the ownership, the whole motorcycling thing

Let alone the cost saving, you wont believe how much fuel a scoob can consume used the way intended, and there much more to insure, my Hayabusa is cheap to own/run in comparison

Ideally id have both!, but if you’ve gotta choose between one or the other , keep the ZX!.Youll miss it! Especially mid-summe
Old 01 June 2004, 01:07 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Question

Mail me with how much you want for the bike in a cash only deal

Cheers
TONY

tonybooth@thewestongroup.co.uk
Old 01 June 2004, 04:29 PM
skillz666
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by brybusa
Dont do it!!!

Learn from my lesson!
I did exactly the same as you, MUST,just MUST have a Scooby.....bought one, the day I had the first mods done(exhaust and filter) I drove it home, it sunk in how much I missed the bike...id had the car a total of 6 weeks and it was up for sale

I used the car in the same manner as the bike, just used it purely for blasts in the evening and at weekend, it was good, to a point, but not a patch on the fun of a bike, the camaraderie, the runs out, the ownership, the whole motorcycling thing

Let alone the cost saving, you wont believe how much fuel a scoob can consume used the way intended, and there much more to insure, my Hayabusa is cheap to own/run in comparison

Ideally id have both!, but if you’ve gotta choose between one or the other , keep the ZX!.Youll miss it! Especially mid-summe
Thank for your reply m8
I know what you mean at the moment im in to minds what to do if the right scoob comes along i will do a deal and then bye a moto crosser to use for fun well thats my plan anyway
Old 02 June 2004, 07:51 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by brybusa
Dont do it!!!
I used the car in the same manner as the bike, just used it purely for blasts in the evening and at weekend, it was good, to a point,but not a patch on the fun of a bike, the camaraderie, the runs out, the ownership, the whole motorcycling thing

Not going to the right meets then brybusa, i had a gsxr600k2, but after 3 months some **** killed her for me, wanted the new R1, wife wasn't too happy so asked for a scooby instead, and to my delight she said yes.
Why did she say yes, cos, another bike could spell another crash, 3rd time might not be here to tell u about it, but with the scooby the whole family can enjoy her, even let the missus drive her we have had the scoob now for 10 months and have made loads of new friends along the way. so go on and buy one, u won't be sorry

The NBO is just around the corner m8
Old 02 June 2004, 09:14 PM
skillz666
Scooby Newbie

Default bikeing

Originally Posted by Dazza01
Not going to the right meets then brybusa, i had a gsxr600k2, but after 3 months some **** killed her for me, wanted the new R1, wife wasn't too happy so asked for a scooby instead, and to my delight she said yes.
Why did she say yes, cos, another bike could spell another crash, 3rd time might not be here to tell u about it, but with the scooby the whole family can enjoy her, even let the missus drive her we have had the scoob now for 10 months and have made loads of new friends along the way. so go on and buy one, u won't be sorry

The NBO is just around the corner m8
I know what you mean ive had some close shaves myself amd found myself wondering if thing had been different i might not be here.
so its got to go 4 wheels are safer than 2
Old 03 June 2004, 11:51 AM
brybusa
Scooby Regular

Going out with the wife and kids in the scoob? Aghh.....what a yawn

And Yes, I have the g/f /kid thing, but the bike is a relief from all the stress's of life and a break from them!

I like the thrill of driving or riding fast, not sitting around in a car park yapping about the latest neons and prodrive dust caps

Bike may be more dangerous, but its miles more fun than any car.

I guess when ya lose ya bottle, theres not a lot you can do about it...

x'er and a car may well keep you happy,just make sure you get a well modded one, as after a bike there slow,heavy,understeering piles of doo as standard

Oh, and the brakes last about 10mins of flat out driving before terminal brake fade sets in..

Good luck!
Old 03 June 2004, 11:51 PM
b12grf
Scooby Newbie

A couple of points.............

How can a woman/wife/partner even get to the stage of telling/advising you on what toy you should buy, how can any man let a woman decide this major factor of freedom, bin her and get a grip of your relationship, as for driving/riding your toy tell her to **** off.

My missus does not even touch my stereo in my car, handlebar grip of the bike, they can not and should not be trusted with anything other than a tea towel and baby.

Typical whinney, sell it,its dangerous arguement to back up the fact you aint good enuf to ride or handle or even try to master summat as challanging as a bike.

Join the bland crowd of car owners and faceless traffic, just pull over when the bikes *** past will ya? Cheers
Old 04 June 2004, 01:58 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Going out with the wife and kids in the scoob? Aghh.....what a yawn
actually im very proud of my wife and 4 kids

And Yes, I have the g/f /kid thing, but the bike is a relief from all the stress's of life and a break from them!
that is untill the law comes round to ur house to tell ur wife ur lying seriously ill in hospital with multipul fractures, not much fun then

I like the thrill of driving or riding fast, not sitting around in a car park yapping about the latest neons and prodrive dust caps so do i m8, and i cant stand fooking neons

Bike may be more dangerous, but its miles more fun than any car.
unless it's raining

I guess when ya lose ya bottle, theres not a lot you can do about it...
Not lost mine, i'd have an R1 2moro, but i don't have a spare 8k lying around

x'er and a car may well keep you happy,just make sure you get a well modded one, as after a bike there slow,heavy,understeering piles of doo as standard
yep, got to agree on that,cos u will end up spending more dosh

Oh, and the brakes last about 10mins of flat out driving before terminal brake fade sets in..
not faded yet

but each to there own
Old 04 June 2004, 04:31 AM
skillz666
Scooby Newbie

Each to there own guys i love bikes still. but for the amount of time i get to use it i cannot justify the cost of the bike and the insurance involved at least with a nice car i will be able to use it more often

no matter What ever people think as long as its right for you thats all that matters
Old 04 June 2004, 08:18 AM
Trem
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b12grf
A couple of points.............

How can a woman/wife/partner even get to the stage of telling/advising you on what toy you should buy, how can any man let a woman decide this major factor of freedom, bin her and get a grip of your relationship, as for driving/riding your toy tell her to **** off.

My missus does not even touch my stereo in my car, handlebar grip of the bike, they can not and should not be trusted with anything other than a tea towel and baby.

Typical whinney, sell it,its dangerous arguement to back up the fact you aint good enuf to ride or handle or even try to master summat as challanging as a bike.

Join the bland crowd of car owners and faceless traffic, just pull over when the bikes *** past will ya? Cheers
Erk!

Its called compromise. Its called not being selfish. Its called being a man.

Actually you are right, but we all have to grow up sometime I guess. I ain't had a bike since I got banned for speeding
Old 04 June 2004, 08:34 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

sold my cbr6 last year (when already owning the scooby) and have never looked back.

the hants-mob impreza boys and girls are a great bunch and with a few carefully chosen mods theres not a million miles in it.
I really thought i'd miss it but I dont.
I may still get a bike again but theres no rush as the DAS is on my license for about 45 years
Old 04 June 2004, 03:02 PM
brybusa
Scooby Regular

In reply......

Im proud of my g/f and kid 2.But owning a sportsbike is summat far prouder than a car...performance that as a car owner you can only read about in a car magazine

Dont be flying around in that car, or do anything remotely dangerous, we dont want"law comes round to ur house to tell ur wife ur lying seriously ill in hospital with multipul fractures, not much fun then"..Bottler......

Cant stand neons?, but when you sell the "car" youll feel compounded to put in the ad"only ever run on optimaxZzzzzzzzzzz

raining? Take the car, any car, theres what there for.

Buy an R1 tomorow? But youve lost yer nerve, what about "when law comes round to ur house to tell ur wife ur lying seriously ill in hospital with multipul fractures"

"after a bike there slow,heavy,understeering piles of doo as standard"
yep, got to agree on that,cos u will end up spending *lots*more dosh(for life in the slow lane)

No brake fade yet? Youve either got an (v.expensive)upggade, or not trying hard enuf.(Wife n' kids spoiling the ride?)

Only kidding(a bit) , enjoy what ever you get..just keep an eye out for your old biking buddies, and hide that jealousy when your stuck in the traffic!
Old 04 June 2004, 06:38 PM
bazil2582
Scooby Regular

i have 2 scooby wrxs for sale mate

email me at barry_watt@hotmail.com
Old 05 June 2004, 02:38 AM
b12grf
Scooby Newbie

In all due respect mate i have a clio 182 and 749s and love both of em but the g/f and child have to look and clean each one to a high standard, now and again i let her drive the 182 whch makes it even more boring than even i think it is, as for the 749 she only chamois the mirrors other than that i just enjoy sleeping with her and engulfing her with children and thats the 749, lol
Old 05 June 2004, 08:51 PM
skillz666
Scooby Newbie

bttt
Old 05 June 2004, 09:47 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

brybusa

see u at the NBO then & i'l bring me lid, leathers and boots , u bring the bike