Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

22B Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 1999, 06:47 PM
Nigel C
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am looking for a 22B, grey or UK

Has any one got one or know of availability
First asking price for grey ones appear to be between £41-43K
It would appear traders will sell for under £40K when pushed

Can any one tell me what they paid?
What's a sensible price to pay for an as new one?

Does any one want to part with thiers?
Please mail me with price and spec
Old 18 April 1999, 02:38 PM
Stuart
Scooby Newbie

Nigel C

I have access to a 22B import which is for sale.

It has delivery miles, I can arrange a warranty etc.

Please email me for the price, you will be surprised at what a good deal I can do for you.

We may have access to a UK one at the end of the month.

Stuart
Old 18 April 1999, 10:11 PM
subaru manchester
Scooby Regular

NIGEL WE HAVE A 98 IMPORTED 22B WITH DELIVERY MILES SVA TESTED READY FOR FIRST REGISTRATION YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON 0161 224 1431 IF YOUR INTRESTED.THANKS PETER.
Old 19 April 1999, 04:34 PM
Nigel C
Scooby Newbie

Will this be edited? It contains 436 words

Thanks everyone for your information, its surprising how many of these 22Bs are supposedly for sale but are sitting around building up wax, 17 to date in the UK. Some are very genuine, but a few I suspect are people trying to sell the same car twice, is there the possibility of a cartel? Prices vary alarmingly, some of them are obviously speculators. The stories that some tell about others, talk about sour grapes.

In trying to determine which are true and which bluff I have constructed a database in an attempt to value them (price and backup) It struck me that it would be very useful if this were available to all, depending on the response I get I may mail it as an attachment to interested parties, if your considering buying a V5 read this first. If you want it , mail me but you will have to wait until I have finalised my deal.

As it would now seem I have now routed out the realistic sellers I will tell you a story:
8 years ago my mate’s boss brought a Porsche, as he left the sales room the salesman commented he was buying an investment, a month latter, my mate put a news paper cutting on the notice board of more than a 100 porches in a compound with the headline "the porches that won't sell" Any one involved in selling large capital plant at the moment will tell you what the true state of the economy is, it’s only the other news headlines at the present time that means you don’t get to hear about the recession.

15 years ago I had a limited edition (400) a Chevete HS 2300cc based on Ari Vatinens rally car, you may remember Murray Walker sitting in the navigators seat saying we are doing 90mph on a snow covered track, I don’t do this on the motorway. In its day it was a brilliant car in my opinion better than the Lotus sunbeam. The speculators should look to history, drivers enjoy these cars immensely, but their price is dictated by fashion, what will happen now Richard Burns is the new man at Subaru.

The morale of these stories leave the cars for drivers who enjoy driving, if you don’t you may get more than your fingers burnt.

In the mean time should anyone want to submit email prices to me it will be very useful if you can verify actual ownership with the serial No or by other means i.e. shipping documents or SVA documents.

Nigel C
Old 23 April 1999, 10:21 AM
Andrew Cliffe
Scooby Newbie

type UK owners have agreement to keep cars for year, we sold two greys for under £ 40,000.
Old 05 May 1999, 09:54 AM
malique
Scooby Regular

Fancy bringing one in youself? If yes, view this site :
http://www.w-a.co.jp
There are pics and all
They have a 22B priced at 5.7 mill Yen. (from 6.7 mill ! ) Knock it down to 5 mill Yen (GBP 25,500), give or take GBP 7,000 - 10,000 for handling/ shipping/ whathaveyou and you have a "do-able" deal. Mileage : 62 miles.

This company sells cars at horrendous prices but the 22B has been sitting there for a couple of months and worth a try (?)