Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

MY99 WRX STI V for sale

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 1999, 06:30 PM
vanya gant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody want my immaculate cool grey one with 3000 miles on the clock? thatch forces sale....
Old 13 July 1999, 06:43 PM
vanya gant
Scooby Regular

Christ, it worked!!!! I got a new post. long story, the above was just the basics.
here goes: oil change at 1000 miles, drove it agonisingy slowly for 2000 and somewhat faster for the last 1000 (ie too fast). described by Lockyear's as "one of the fast ones" - so presumably 280 odd bhp but I don't know; apparently some are faster than others, because of running in, hand made bits, etc. standard everything, ie climate control, carbon fibre strut, ghastly lights, decent CD, awesome 5th gear roll on, SVA'd, taxed, cat one alarm. I'll cry when it's driven away, perhaps event his weekend, from its cosy garage in wiltshire. what's wrong with it? 1) It might cost you your licence; 2) it's overpolished for a mean car and should look just a bit scuzzy; 3) it'll walk (!) all over those people who think the RB5 is the bee's and take it on; and 5) the original registration document and proof of pucker ownership by me is in Japanese. No waiting list, same price as the latter, or thereabouts.
When the roof's fixed, and the pennies are back in the bank (eventually), I'm getting another one. My wife agrees with me just for once as well, but we can't drive around in what it's costing to have the roof fixed.
Old 13 July 1999, 11:24 PM
Jonathan
Scooby Regular

The RB5 will walk all over it !!. Santa Pod ?.

Jonathan

ex STI V
RB5 WR Sport

[This message has been edited by Jonathan (edited 13-07-99).]
Old 14 July 1999, 06:07 AM
Tony Hourd
Scooby Regular

Is it a saloon or wagon?
How much are you asking?
Tony
Old 14 July 1999, 08:10 AM
david
Scooby Regular

Jonathan,

Why do you feel compelled to 'have a go' at anyone posting things related to STi V's?

For your information, I agree with vanya, the STi V is extremely quick (email me for stats on my car if you want) and although there has been a few postings on this site regarding fuel mapping problems, it seems that it is the minority of cars with anything seriously wrong.

Lets not give this car a bad name, just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean you have to come over all smug and cocky with all the othe STi V owners.

Rant over...

One very happy STi V owner...
Old 14 July 1999, 08:45 AM
Jonathan
Scooby Regular

He does actually state in his email it will walk over a UK car.

I also sent Vanya a private email trying to give him some guidelines on prices that 2nd handcars are getting. Robbie's Type R and my STI V.

That aside I did use !!. I dont really think it would win at Santa. The STI V should be quicker. But not a lot. I'm not smug about my STI days. I regret selling it. However I do feel the UK car with PP is more complete for ME and I'm not the only owner here that has owned an STI and gone back. The STI is awesome once changes are made.

I had 313 bhp and 280 lbft out of my STI at points, Brembos etc. The suspension is one thing that needs changing first. If the car came out of the factory with LEDA it would be an EVO beater. I never changed to LEDA. Saj the new owner has, along with lots more changes.

I apologies if I come over as cocky and smug. Use of the english language is not my strong point. However I also read emails where STI owners think their car walks all over the UK car. I just think its swing and roundabout. The UK car is better in certain areas, the STI in others. For me who drives lond distances the UK car is the best option. For Mark O who uses it like owners would an Elise the Type R is better. But Ive said all this before.

I never had any bad experiences with the STI V. All smiles. Now Saj has all the smiles

Jonathan
Old 22 July 1999, 07:45 PM
vanya gant
Scooby Regular

Wink

hey david

thanks for coming to the rescue; but respect is due to J for his almost contrite and certainly reasonable response to your measured tones. I actually ride bikes everyday of my life apart from snowy ones; and I have on occasions slipped around the outside of some upstart on a "faster and meaner" bike simply because of a better feeling for the road and the machine. (christ! I'll be in the old farts club soon!). The bottom line is that I really could not care 2 hoots about what car is faster. All i know is that I have been time after time been left giggling inanely at the realisation that I had just travelled extremely (and far too) fast in a superb car that could offer so much more than I could ever be capable of supplying as a mere recreational (car) driver. I don't want to sell it; and nor does my other half, who drives much better than I do. It is clearly streets ahead (literally!) of the standard british version, and to be quite honest I have other things to do and think about than split hairs over what's-this-or-that-technically, as I have 4 kids, an excellent partner, and no time to compare dyno reults with anybody. As I said: we'll get another one, all the way from japan without a 6 year rust warranty - one day. presently, needs must. surely someone wants this car for what it is, rather than for what it stands for (no british guarantee? errr....anything else?)

Trending Topics

Old 23 July 1999, 02:58 PM
JClark
Scooby Regular

I'm considering all options. What's the asking price?