Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Terzo for sale

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 1999, 12:44 AM
SimeonB
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terzo 75 for sale in Herts. 17" Prodrive alloys with 225/45 tyres; Quickshift gearstick; Ramair filter; ScoobySport exhaust. 15.5K on the clock. Garaged overnight. In excellent condition throughout with all original Terzo features. Gut-renching sale, but a fine and rare car. Will part, with teeth clenched, for £22,500.
Email SimeonBrewer@hotmail.com if interested
Old 26 October 1999, 02:02 PM
ChrisE
Scooby Regular

How did you get on?
I've got number 99 and want to dispose. Market seems a bit flat even with my keen price.
Old 26 October 1999, 03:01 PM
SimeonB
Scooby Newbie

Blimey - give us a chance! It's only been on the board a few hours :-) Well, so far, you are the only one to reply!
Old 27 October 1999, 12:26 AM
andy king
Scooby Newbie

sounds a bit expensive!! terzo no 229 1998s
registered, standard car, 11500 miles, yours for £20995!!!!!
Old 27 October 1999, 12:29 AM
ChrisE
Scooby Regular

Red face

And I was only going to ask £18,000 for mine. Maybe I've been talking to the dealers too much.... Still a quick sale helps.
Old 27 October 1999, 12:46 AM
SimeonB
Scooby Newbie

Sounds expensive does it Andy? I'm not going to get into an arguement with you about it, but suffice to say it would have been nice for you to post your own advertisement rather than crashing in on mine. A cheap marketing ploy if there ever was one. If you re-read my advert, you'll notice that mine is not a standard Terzo as it has some uprated bits, hence it is up for more than yours.

As for 18 grand Chris, that's a good price and I guess you'll shift it fairly quickly. Good luck with your sale.
Old 27 October 1999, 04:29 PM
Fernandes
Scooby Newbie

Mmmm that sounds expensive to me.

Anyone for a Fiesta RS Turbo, yours for 3995
Fern

(pesky advert letches)
Old 28 October 1999, 12:19 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Although I sold my own car through this board, the purchaser admitted it was just a matter of chance that he found it. I don't think it is a particularly good place to sell impreza's, though it seems great for selling bits'n'pieces for them.

Rather than bicker about prices, ask yourselves a fair question and be honest with the answer "In the present climate for second-hand cars, with large numbers of cheap imports available from Europe, Winter looming, and the possibility of large reductions in the price of new cars on the horizon, what would I, as a potential purchaser, pay for the car I am selling?" I came up with the figure of £17500 for my 99MY DBM 4-door (7.5K). Yes, it sold through this BBS, and yes I may have got more from some sucker reading Exchange and Mart, but think about what I've said and I think you'll agree it was a fair price.

The days of second-hand imprezas somehow being "different" from other cars, and commanding prices close to list are gone. As soon as people realise that, and price their cars more realistically, will be the day that people stop complaining that the market is slow and that they cannot sell their cars.

The above is not intended to rob you of potential sales through this board, as I believe the people who use it are for the most-part clued up to the state of the market. It is simply intended as constructive information for anyone trying to sell their impreza right now.