Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

97P 5dr turbo for sale still !

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 1999, 09:58 PM
I Stancer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Redish Blue , 98 spec uncurbed 16" alloys. 40k miles , FSSH , never been through car wash , no accident damage , drilled diamond discs and mintex (pro drive spec )pads , Mobil 1 history untill Subaru said they hadn't tested 0w/40 version , F1 tyres (one brand new due to recent pucture ) Meta Thatcham 1 remote lock alarm , truely excellent carefully treeted one owner (+ dealer demo for 300 miles )car, available Jan 3rd 2000 with one month Subaru warranty to run, sensible offers close to £15500

Wake up you lot this is a seriously good car , and I am prepared to haggle a bit

Is this "silent treatment " because I'm a "junior member" do we have to prove ourselves in battle , or walk hot coals or somthing ??????

see Ive even dropped the asking a bit!
Old 19 December 1999, 08:57 AM
Area 52 Autosport
Scooby Regular

Location: Nottingham with 620BHP & 530lb/ft @1.5bar boost on road fuel.
Hello

I wouldn't be too concerned about the lack of replies. I for one haven't looked at this section for some months.

If you have a look at the other posts in the for sale and wanted section you'll see that you aren't the only one by not receiving replies!!

At the end of the day, would you prefer people to negotiate on the board or talk to you privately?

If I was you I would consider putting your contact details in your ad for starters and maybe include a photo or at least a link to a photo of the car....................

A couple of other points worthy of mention and just my opinion!!

1. The price is too high for a 97MY.If I was buying, I wouldn't offer much more than £13,000.......
2. It is Christmas and people have other things on their mind

Sometimes it is easy to sell a car and at others (like here me thinks!) it seems odd that people aren't queuing up.

Just a few ramblings to reassure a junior member!

Kind regards

Ben

[This message has been edited by Scooby Mania (edited 19-12-1999).]
Old 19 December 1999, 11:05 PM
I Stancer
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your reply Ben , It's nice to know that sombody is out there , and thanks for the advice also , The price I'm asking may well be high but that is the nature of the game "me thinks " like I say , I am prepared to haggle a bit , but don't let that fool you into thinking your firm offer of "13 and a bit " will be accepted straight away !!!!!!

You also say that people have other things on thier mind at this time , which is also true , but maybee they would sooner be thinking of buying a Subaru . People have time off at Christmas Time to read web sites and time to view cars if they are so tempted so we shal see what happens .

I have a good reason to sell now ,as I have a new Turbo waiting for collection in January , if sombody wants a new car and has that sort of dosh to hand they are hardly going to let turkey sandwiches get in the way

best festive regards

Ian
P.S . if you want to raise your offer speak to me anytime ( within reason ) on 0973 725592
Old 20 December 1999, 04:59 PM
Dave S
Scooby Regular

Ian, the problem with trying to sell a car on the BBS is that we tend to know a bit more about the cars than a bod reading autotrader and may indeed know when something is overpriced. The used market [even for imprezas] is dead with a capital D-E-A-D. Good luck.
Old 20 December 1999, 08:10 PM
I Stancer
Scooby Regular

thanks Dave

Yes I think you are right about the used car market , But nothing ventured nothing gained !!!

I had also suspected that Scoobynet could contain some folk even sadder than me ( difficult ), but I only need one buyer , and after all I'm not quite trying to sell smelly old Haddock in Gimsby , a good car should always sell even in a market so flat it's dish shaped !

Thanks and merry Christmas

Ian
Old 22 December 1999, 06:29 AM
Area 52 Autosport
Scooby Regular

Location: Nottingham with 620BHP & 530lb/ft @1.5bar boost on road fuel.
Not promising anything Ian but I do know of a man trying to source one for a customer. He is in the trade but Subarus is not his thing, he sells supercars.

I'll forward your mobile.

Kind regards

Ben
p.s. He is having trouble source a 5dr and I mentioned your car. That was yesterday afternoon though............
Old 22 December 1999, 09:26 AM
martinf
Scooby Regular

Where abouts in the country is this car (roughly?)

Cheers, Martin

Trending Topics

Old 22 December 1999, 10:57 PM
I Stancer
Scooby Regular

Wink

Thanks for the replies see your Nerd-mails