Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

RB5 used prices...help??

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2000, 01:59 PM
Andy F
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Can anyone give me some guidance as to what my immaculate non-Prodrive RB5 with a monitored tracker is worth, its got 10k on the clock.

Cheers

Andy
Old 24 February 2000, 12:16 AM
Andy F
Scooby Newbie

Isn't there anyone that can help??

Seems theres plenty of advice on prices out there and I could really do with some from fellow Scooby fans.Cheers

Andy
Old 24 February 2000, 12:24 AM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

I'd say probably between £20k and £22k for a decent example. Be careful as Impreza prices are about to drop like a rock. All classifieds and sales showrooms are full of them and there are no longer waiting lists in many showrooms, a lot of them promise delivery within a month.
Its a buyers market and buyers can now afford to start dictating prices, which in turn will force prices down.
Cem
Old 24 February 2000, 12:49 AM
Andy F
Scooby Newbie

Cheers for that, when you say 'prices will drop' any idea how bad it'll be. Surely due to the build/reliability/general brilliance of these cars they will hold their value more than the also rans?
Old 24 February 2000, 02:38 PM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

There is alot of supply at the moment - there has to be a couple of hundred Scoobies hitting the market second hand over the next couple of months as people start getting the P1's - and this will hurt short term. However the good news is this should not last - as hopefully the extra exposure the P1 will give the marque will get a bunch more first time buyers interested in the cheaper versions, and I'm told that the new MY01 cars will be substantially more expensive - helping prop up the prices of older models.
Remember that only a few months ago the RB5 was billed as the ultimate 'real world' impreza and I think thats going to be remebered sooner rather than later. The 4 door is a great choice for the family man like myself with nippers to stick in the back. Of course I am biased as I just bought a MY99 which has been modified by prodrive to RB5 spec.
Cheers and good luck selling it,
Charles
Old 24 February 2000, 03:47 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Andy,
Its nothing to do with build quality or performance or looks I'm afraid. Its all to do with supply and demand. When you flood any market with anything, competition becomes greater hence prices start to drop. When you dont have a product and people want it, you can afford to charge premium prices because people arent willing to wait for it and will pay anything to get hold of it sooner.
You see, before, people had no choice as Impreza's were far from common and the choices were very limited. Now though, importers are brining in Impreza's by the shipload every day and this does nothing but cripple the market value of the Impreza.
Hope this makes sense
Cem

[This message has been edited by Blow Dog (edited 24-02-2000).]