Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

REDUCED! Impreza Turbo up for grabs (X-reg)

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2000, 12:43 AM
Richard Ramshaw
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've previously advertised my Impreza Turbo at £18,000 with no luck so I've just slashed the price to £16,995 for no other reason than to make a quick sale. This is a genuine bargain - showroom condition, x reg Impreza 2.0 GT Turbo 4 Door with 1100 miles on the clock, Royal Metallic Silver. UK standard spec (Dutch imported)and I've had a Tracker and Thatcham Class 2 Immobiliser fitted. Full details at
Old 11 October 2000, 01:10 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Richard

How much did it cost u to import?
Old 11 October 2000, 01:26 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alliance Car Imports may still have some on immediate delivery (new 4dr silver turbo) WITH AIRCON for £17495. Cost of Tracker + Cat 1 £520 makes it exactly the same price as yours if you do not have aircon. And it is NEW.

If you dropped by another £2k people might be interested. With so many companies selling imports on short delivery now, it might be more sensible to ask for the price you actually paid or lower?
Old 11 October 2000, 02:38 PM
joni
Scooby Regular

Alliances last MY00 I believe has gone and for nearly £500 more than it was a while back.I know because I gotit!I was let down by another agent and in the mad search (with great help from the folks on the board)I discovered that prices for nearly new actualy seem to be going up not down. Could this be anything to do with an ugly replacement?? Stick with your price and see what happens.....
Old 11 October 2000, 03:06 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

Jon,

You've got it then, well done!

What colour/spec?

Has it been out yet?

Should I be watching my rear-view mirrors for fast-approaching projectiles?

C4N

XRS

Old 11 October 2000, 03:29 PM
joni
Scooby Regular

Smile

XRS
Yup, Watch out for a silver one in a couple of weeks,although I suspect it will be only a little dot in your rear view mirror at least for a while!
J
Old 11 October 2000, 06:01 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Joni, I pick mine up from Alliance on Saturday. (will our cars be brothers? sisters? ignore me I am silly!) I too was let down by another importer who I hung on with for three months. Only ordered this one from Alliance 2 weeks ago - been delayed mainly because of DVLA - they actually got the car the next day!
Did you pay 18K - sneaky devils for putting the prices up?
Old 11 October 2000, 08:17 PM
joni
Scooby Regular

Wink

John,
Apparently they had a block of six cancelled orders and sold the lot bar mine in a week. Laws of supply and demand..... put the price up! Dealer in Maidstone, can't remember the name had two decent late low mileage jobs in the week. Come Saturday, gone. Long live "Impreza classic". as no doubt they will be called before long.Hope you enjoy my sister...that can't be right!
Old 11 October 2000, 10:24 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Richard,

How comes you fitted a "Thatcham Cat 2 Immobilizer"? The standard Subaru immobilizer (which Dutch imports have, too) is rated as Cat 2. Do you mean a "Cat 1 Alarm/Immobilizer"?
Old 12 October 2000, 08:46 AM
Richard Ramshaw
Scooby Newbie

Because our insurance company (Direct Line)told us that it was not Cat 2 Certified and that we had to get a Cat 2 immobiliser fitted (despite me arguing!) but they refused to insure us unless we had it fitted.
So yes, ours has 2 immobilisers.
Old 12 October 2000, 09:14 AM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Question

Excuse my ignorance, but which offers the higher security leve, Cat 1 or Cat 2?

Old 12 October 2000, 09:56 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

The Subaru key transponder immobiliser is *not* thatcham 2 approved according to Thatcham. See the full list on
Old 12 October 2000, 10:49 AM
Richard Ramshaw
Scooby Newbie

Yes it is!! And believe me I would love to keep it - especially having seen the new one that's come out. Urgh.
Old 12 October 2000, 01:03 PM
lordlucan
Scooby Regular

Still too expensive.....
Try 15g and you should be able to sell.

Jase
MY00 Dutch import £14500 with st2s and alarm.
Old 12 October 2000, 01:11 PM
Richard Ramshaw
Scooby Newbie

No way. That's less than it cost me.
Old 12 October 2000, 01:19 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Yes, but it's got 1100 miles more than a new one, and the new owner will be the second owner.

Really, it's not on trying to get 'new car' price for a second-hand car. All cars depreciate the second you drive them out of the showroom.

Lordlucan -- that's a good price. I paid around 16,500 including travelling, alarm, aircon but I don't have ST2s. I think the Euro has weakened since I got mine though (December).

Carl
(also a Dutch import owner)

[This message has been edited by carl (edited 12 October 2000).]
Old 12 October 2000, 02:36 PM
lordlucan
Scooby Regular

Cheers Carl my sentiments exactly, yep I got the x rate at the high, 3.78, no air con though...

Jase
Old 15 October 2000, 07:58 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Richard

You've not been on here long have you? I don't think there will be much sympathy for you from here as most people have taken a bath on values due to imports etc.

Insurance is high for non-UK cars and dealers don't want to know either. Your £17K is unrealistic, I could have imported one for £15K if I'd wanted to.
Old 16 October 2000, 08:27 AM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry

Gav

You're right of course, I have got a UK model, it took a year to order and I paid full whack. This was at Sept '99 when things were different and I was unsure about importing myself.

Mind you, the stories about warranty problems with imports and the insurance scares written on this BBS(you must be a special case)have eased my pain a little.

On the import front, I did consider an import at £15K on the idea that I could keep it a year and then sell for not much less and keep residuals to a minimum - not, unfortunately, to make a profit. I don't think things are quite so straight forward now though.

F
Old 16 October 2000, 12:20 PM
gavwright
Scooby Regular

Red face

Floyd - Insurance for a EUROPEAN IMPORT is exactly the same as for a UK car. Or am I a special case? I suspect not....

BTW everybody - Peugeot imports (as oppose to Subaru) do not have this potential 'problem' of EU-sourced versus UK-sourced. Unfortunately, within a day of importing my Pug 306 Rallye I needed a new engine (no bull! I couldn't believe it, either!) - Peugeot UK gave me a new engine under warranty. IMHO, Subaru UK stink, wrt customer service.

Ah - sorry, one last thing. So why didn't you want to import @£15k? What did you buy instead? A nearly-new 2nd-hand UK machine @£15k (fat chance)? An older/higher-mileage 2nd-hand UK machine @£15k? Or one of those Jap imports that aren't touched by Man nor Beast (Subaru UK-wise) @£15k? Or perhaps a new machine @ substantially more than £15k. Just curious, as to what people really are buying.

If a new machine @ substantially more than £15k - my sympathies are with you! But then again - you wouldn't sell, would you?

Cheers,

Gav
Old 17 October 2000, 11:52 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Floyd

You're not alone, bought a "pre owned" about then. Poss paid a little over the odds because of so called scarcity, but nice ones were racing out of the showrooms.

Recon it's dropped 6 or 7k now, but when I'm behind the wheel i'ts still worth it

Plus, talking to a Service Manager he says whilst Euro Law compels him to service imports they're always at the back of the queue.

IM are slow to provide parts if he quotes the VIN No (which he does) and "why should he chase it up when there are valued loyal customers awaiting attention.

So everythings not rosey in the import garden, but at least ther's cash in the bank.

B