Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Tuning Box for VW Golf TDi 115

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2004, 12:25 AM
Spenny_B
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Box for VW Golf TDi 115

Now for sale due to Golf going back to Lease Company.

Genuine "Tuning Box" system for the VW Golf Mk IV 115bhp PD Diesel (It's Tuning Box Model P31)...Note, this is not a cheap rip-off imitation a-la EBay

Tuning Box Site....search for Model P31

With this unit installed (inline with the fuel rail), engine bhp is raised from 115bhp to 150bhp, and 285Nm to 350Nm of torque!

I used this unit for approx 40k miles, without a hint of trouble. I did remove when taking car for service, a 30 second job and nobody at the dealership mentioned a thing, but more importantly, the car still felt as taught the day I took it back as the day I had it.

I've since driven VW's official 150bhp cars (Bora and Seat Leon Cupra), which weren't a patch on my old Golf with this unit fitted, far less low-down torque. Car is transformed, the thing pulls like a train (not trying to compare to Impreza's, before I get flamed! )

Fuel economy, unless you really hoon it everywhere, remains every bit as good as well...I'd often see approaching 60mpg whilst on the motorway doing evening motorway speeds (the usual 50/60mph)...of course, this drops a little when coming off the motorway, but that's life, eh?

Cost over £400 new, looking for £180+p&p ono...remember, this is a bona-fide box, not a back-bedroom special that you wouldn't even risk your enemies engine on, nevermind your own! This is apparently also one of the most popular tuning systems, which says something....

Cheers

Spen