Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

How much for my P1?

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2000, 04:39 PM
CharliePsycho
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Looks LIke I'm going to lose my licence for some considerable time so I am going to have to sell the P1.

What is a 7 month old P1 with 15k on it worth?

It's got WR exhaust and lights (with the old ones in thrown in) been on a track once, nearly everything else is motorway miles...

Oh and a Police video showing 145 and me disappearing into the distance....
Old 04 December 2000, 04:42 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

now that sucks.

how long for? (ban)
Old 04 December 2000, 04:55 PM
cwal1
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Bummer - how were you caught ?

ChrisW.
Old 04 December 2000, 05:12 PM
CharliePsycho
Scooby Regular

Long story...
First on an A road quoted at 121.12. I wasn't, but it won't wash, I'm looking at 3months there
Second - in excess of 145 on the M5 jct 27 at about midnight. Passed an unmarked Senator doing about 100 and accelerated... Aparently he could'nt catch me, but has a video with his speed of 145 and me disappearing into the distance... I stopped at a services for a pee, when I came out there were 3 marked cars, an armed response unit and a helicopter. They spent a long time looking for drugs in the car...

Currently trying to do me for failure to stop and speeding...

I'm looking at between 6 months and a year plus about £1k fine... Oh well I think I can wrap them up until after Xmas when the trains might be running again...

Oh... My GPS trip said 158. The speedo was off the clock.
Old 04 December 2000, 06:30 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Not much........if thats the abuse its had
Old 04 December 2000, 06:35 PM
CharliePsycho
Scooby Regular

Well a P1 is supposed to go 155mph!! I at least have proof...

I don't expect people here to buy it, most people would rather start from scratch and do it all themselves (I might when I get my licence back)

Seriously though what is a 2nd hand P1 worth?
Old 04 December 2000, 07:08 PM
DAZ 4
Scooby Regular

Charlie,

It wasn't near Cullompton was it ??
Old 04 December 2000, 07:42 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

I'l give you 15 grand cash tonight if you email me now! Seeing as a dealer near me in selling new ones for 28K.
Old 04 December 2000, 10:22 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Cool

Have a think about how much you want and mail me, if its reasonable i'll borrow some extra cash!
Old 05 December 2000, 12:21 AM
Orville
Scooby Regular

There has been plenty of talk about brand new P1's going for <£29. You should get £24-25k for it.Any more might be difficult.
Old 05 December 2000, 12:15 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Park it for the period of the ban, then it'll be a low miler if you still need to sell it & the dealer network should be clear of the residue"cancelled orders".

I believe that there are around 80 out in the showrooms and that IM are now offering an additional demo bonus of £1,000 to clear stock. That must impact upon residuals and your local dealer is unlikely to be beating a path to the door.

On the other hand... I just check what mines worth, ring Rum & the Bank Manager

Old 05 December 2000, 01:40 PM
CharliePsycho
Scooby Regular

Figured I should be able to find someone to pay about £25K.

Thanks Orville.

There are 2 reasons I am going to sell it.
1) Can't stand to see a beautiful piece of machinery stand idle (too tempting)
2) I still have finance on it, so I might as well sell it, save the money and build myself something better in about 18 months time.

P.S. I insure it with the NFU as they do track day insurance thrown in...

P.P.S. I was at the small services on Jct 27 when the Police turned up...
Old 05 December 2000, 11:39 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Unhappy

CharliePsycho

I thought prison sentances were in order for that sort of speed?

Don't want to worry you too much though, may be wrong.

Bummer.
F
Old 06 December 2000, 12:22 AM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

4 years ago I was done for 101.7 in a 50mph limit in the Lakes on vascar by a motorbike copper hidden in the buses at the bottom of the dual cway and had to go to court. I already had 6 points went to court and told the court I would loose my job, my home, my social life and it would bring general hard ship to me and the wife, the court then awarded me another 6 point a £200 fine and £50 court costs. I considered that to be very lucky.

Darren.
Old 06 December 2000, 01:13 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Red face

Christ Charlie - 145MPH on the M5?? Bu66er me!!

What's all this with the drug squad and ARUs? Does the P1 have some kind of reputation as a drug dealers car? It is bad enough with the Impreza being every criminals fav getaway car.

As for the value of the car - couldn't comment - sorry. Hope you don't lose your license for too long.

Chris
Old 06 December 2000, 02:24 AM
jonno
Scooby Regular

Angry

I do feel for for you man!
I got caught on a dual A road in Devon a few years ago in a cossie ,i was doin about 158mph, the copper said i was doin 152 or ther abouts.
They had spotted me a many times.....one particular ****stable knew of me !!!!!
he had lots of times and dates when he spotted me but just didnt have a camera!!

I got a letter from my employers at that time, and also a barrister(i dont think the barrister helped me much ) and even appealed against the judes decision.........but still no go t!!!!.

They gave me 9 months ban and a £300 fine plus costs!!!.

When my licence came back round ,it had the code sp30 .......insurance didnt make a fuss ...just thought it was a normal on the spot fine!!....no extra cost on previous cossie.The only thing was i sold my cossie just before i went to court and never could find a good one like i had!!!
Old 06 December 2000, 09:17 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Red face

Boring insurance comment...

...and if you had a big claim the insurer would check your history and find you hadn't declared a ban...

...ergo, no insurance...

...and if it's a third party they will come after you personally (only financially if you are lucky!).

R
Old 06 December 2000, 09:35 AM
CharliePsycho
Scooby Regular

I was worried that in excess of 145 would get me a custodial, however my solicitor told me you can only get a fine/ban for speeding... Although they sometime try Dangerous Driving at that speed as well, for which you can end up going to prison, very very hard to prove though.

As far as insurance goes, my insurance company doesn't want to know about any previous points etc on my licence, so that doesn't really matter. (NFU)

It has to be said that so far all my solicitor has done so far is cost me money, maybe he would make a difference if I go to appeal, but in Magistrates court he reckons I'll get done even if I could prove the police to be half blind with a history of duff tickets...
Old 06 December 2000, 11:35 AM
Flinty
Scooby Newbie

Charlie,

Sorry to hear about your story chap - have to say if you are gonna get done for speeding - off the clock in a P1 is a stylish way to go!
I can just imagine your face when you came out of the services after relieving yourself to see half the force swarming all over your Pride and Joy!
Class though mate I have to say - can't wait to see it on Police, Camera- Action!
Bet the boyz in blue have got it playing on a loop in the cafeteria!
Old 06 December 2000, 01:51 PM
Tony Quinn
Scooby Regular

Should have tried the Alex Ferguson "stomach trouble" excuse as you had pulled over at the services. IIRC he got away scot free (no pun intended) for driving on the hard shoulder.
Old 06 December 2000, 06:11 PM
Stuart H
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by CharliePsycho:
<B>Although they sometime try Dangerous Driving at that speed as well, for which you can end up going to prison, very very hard to prove though.

It has to be said that so far all my solicitor has done so far is cost me money...[/quote]

I know this is drifting from the topic of you trying to sell your car, but it appears that <I>all</I> your solicitor is doing is costing you money.

A police video of you doing 145+ 'making off' from a traffic car would make Dangerous Driving easy to prove.

<I>Section2 RTA 1988:

A person drives dangerously when:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>the way he drives falls <B>far below</B> what would be expected of a competent and careful driver <B>and</B>
<LI>it would be obvious to a competent and careful driver that driving in that way would be dangerous</UL></I>

The CPS charging standard lists:

<I>"Speed which is highly inappropriate for the prevailing road or traffic conditions"</I>

as one of the circumstances required to support an allegation of dangerous driving. Twice the speed limit fits into that bracket.

I hope your solicitor had told you about that possibility (even though it took place at midnight). IMHO you've been <B>bloody</B> lucky to only get done for speeding and FTS.

Cheers

S

[This message has been edited by Stuart H (edited 06 December 2000).]
Old 06 December 2000, 07:50 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Red face

Charlie,

my comments were directed at Jonno...

However -

"As far as insurance goes, my insurance company doesn't want to know about any previous points etc on my licence, so that doesn't really matter. (NFU)"

What kind of insurance do you have - if it is any form of personal motor insurance then this will be a unique policy - I work in the Insurance industry and I have NEVER heard of a motor underwriter who does not take account of convictions and endorsements, motoring and otherwise.

I could be wrong, (look to Rum, Dave T-S and Robski to correct me) but I would check your policy documents if I were you - you could be done for driving without insurance too

Hope your case works out OK.

R
Old 06 December 2000, 09:18 PM
Jonathan
Scooby Regular

Red face

Just sold my P1 the other day. Had a few dealers trying to place it. Its not really a good time to sell at present. With a hundred or so P1's left to sell. Dealers dont need your car when IM are giving them extra to sell the existing stock. Two of the dealers best bids for the car were £24k!!. Might sound near your £25k mark. HOWEVER my car was a higher spec and lower milage car

6,000 miles
P1 Brakes & Exhaust upgrade
£1,2000 upgraded stereo
Clear Indicators
Reg P11 WRX.

Got £27k in the end. Did advertise it privately at £27,500 and no bites, so £24k would be about the mark for your high mileage example.

Jonathan
Old 06 December 2000, 09:24 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
CharliePsycho

Pray that your solicitor is right.

Let us know how you get on, I don't think they have the internet in prison yet so you'll have to rely on us visiting you to give you the scooby gossip.

F
Old 07 December 2000, 08:51 AM
Flinty
Scooby Newbie

Wink

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Darren Thompson:
[B]4 years ago I was done for 101.7 in a 50mph limit in the Lakes on vascar by a motorbike copper hidden in the buses at the bottom of the dual cway [QUOTE]

Wouldn't a Motorbike Copper hidden in a Bus be quite easy to spot? Was it a Red one or one of those "Low Rider" ones - quite easy to get a Bike on one of those I would have thought! I think he would catch more people if he hid in a Bush!

(joke)