Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Scoobysport back box for Forester s/tb

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2001, 11:53 AM
jonp
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear silencer made by Scoobysport for forester turbo, fits either uk or import.

Only used for a couple of months. £200 o.n.o
Old 07 March 2001, 03:21 PM
marcusg
Scooby Regular

Jonp

Man, am I glad I'm not the only one with a Forester. I've had my S/Tb for two months and a Scoobysport back box is something I am considering. Why are you changing?

Have you done anything else to your S/Tb? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Marcus
Old 08 March 2001, 11:25 AM
jonp
Scooby Newbie

Marcus

I have actually parted company with my S/tb in favour of a Legacy now, but for the 18 months I had it, I was very happy with it. Mine was an import, and it had had several interesting modifications e.g. a quick-shift, which was excellent and is the first thing I would change on my Legacy.

The first thing I changed on the Forester was the wheels and tyres, swapping the standard 16s for the Prodrive 17 inch rims with P-Zeros. This dramatically improves the handling and I would recommend it. (I don't know if you've seen the Evo article on their Prodrive modded Forester)

The rear silencer was the next upgrade. It was not as dramatic a change, and is quite subtle compared to the back box from SS for the impreza. However, it is a significant improvement over the restrictive standard unit, with all same benefits as the impreza box.

When I part exed the car I got the garage to put the original silencer back on, hence I now have the SS box for sale.

Jon
Old 08 March 2001, 06:39 PM
lark6
Scooby Newbie

Question

Would you happen to have any pix of the Forester w/the P1s mounted? I've been thinking about doing that myself (anthracite wheels on black/slate US-spec Forester).

Also, what issue of Evo features the Prodrive modded Forester? I'd like to see that but have a tough time finding the mag here in the States.

Thanks,
Ed
Old 08 March 2001, 10:57 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Jon you have mail.
I forgot to add, what is the size of the P zeros. Did you also get the suspension changed?
I found during the winter that the standard Yokos had no grip when cold and the car seems to like giving lots of understeer.
Has anyone else tried different width tyres on the std 16"?
Few tyre cos seem to make the 215/60 profiles, let alone a decent performance tyre to replace the Yukos.