Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Sti4 Type R

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2004, 06:06 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Mildly modded Sti4 Type R - in black!

It really pains me to write this post but the time has come to sell my beloved Type R due to me now having to travel about 120 miles a day to work and back (whilst the Scoob scores highly in most aspects, fuel consumption and motorway driving/jams aren’t amongst them!)

Being a V4 Type R it comes with a host of ‘standard’ equipment including intercooler water spray, DCCD (excellent on snowy mornings as no ABS!), short throw gearbox, pimp tints, carbon strut brace etc. etc.

It has also undergone a bit of a ‘RussBoy’ modification programme:

Carbon Fibre Bonnet
Shadow Chrome 17” Urban Racer Rims, Falcon low-pro rubber with less than 4000 miles use
Morettes
Black Crystal Sidelights
De-Tango’d (clear indicators and repeaters)
Clear Rear Lights (Lexus Style)
TEIN Suspension
APEXi Exhaust (+ decat and other bore mod’s)
Green Cotton Filter
MP3/CD Player with removal facia + 10” sub box and amp in boot
STI5 Rear wing (high level)
PIAA High Power Fogs (with covers)

I’ve owned the car for about 15 months and have always run it on 98+ octane petrol (normally Optimax) with octane booster (you’ll see the empty bottles in the boot!). Mileage is around 57k miles.

Bad points: 4th gear can be a bit notchy at high speed and the clutch will need replacing at some point (though I’ve been saying that since I’ve had it and there’s been no problems). There are the obligatory Scooby stone chips of course and a tiny ding in rear quarter panel (again, this can be easily fixed subject to negotiation and you probably wouldn't even notice it anyhow). Rear bumper and boot lid was hit lightly in traffic a year ago when a white van pulled away from lights quicker than me from behind! (you may have seen my posts last November). The whole rear bumper was replaced without argument by the insurance company but the repairers also gave back the near perfect original (is was mainly the hangers allegedly). You can therefore have the original back as well!

Good points: it comes taxed for 4 months and tested until summer 2005 and is a very, very quick car and great fun. It sounds and looks the nuts and it truly breaks my heart to have to sell. It’s only let me down once when a tyre valve failed in the middle of nowhere…so I replaced all the wheels and tyres!

Now asking: £10500 (!!!!!) following a full service and will consider P/X with Series 3 MR2. Currently has private ‘Russ Boy’ plate which will be changed to an age related alternative (R Reg). It has top notch Cat 1 security plus a Navtrak pro active ADR tracking system (£1000 install alone!) with about 8-9 months annual subscription still left.

I'm on the Kent/Sussex borders near Tunbridge Wells. Pic’s below.

Russ

Last edited by RussBoy; 13 November 2004 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Reduced the price to £10,500!!!!!
Old 01 November 2004, 09:30 AM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Sending this back to the top for Monday morning - wouldn't want any of you guys to miss a bargain...

R
Old 01 November 2004, 12:20 PM
Myk
Scooby Regular

Why dont you keep the car for the weekends and buy a cheap diesel for the work run?

Mike
Old 01 November 2004, 12:28 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

To be honest this thought had crossed my mind but after driving 600-700 miles a week I don't know if I could justify keeping the Scoob for just the odd trip down the shops on a saturday. Plus, my insurance is about £900 a year for the Scoob and added to tax, servicing, tracker subs etc. it'd be a luxury item to have just sitting around most of the time.

I even considered letting my Missus keep it in place of her Mazda Roadster but it'd be like a Chinese water torture watching her reverse it off the drive for work every day whilst I'm stuck in something less worthy....

Shame, as it's a blinder to look at and hear and is great and very reliable during the winter months in the snow....

R
Old 01 November 2004, 12:33 PM
Jimmy Dell
Scooby Regular

Cool

I agree with Mike - don't do it, Russ!

I shall give you a call this week to sort out lunch some time. Maybe take a few more photographs in a nice large pub car park?

BTTT for a lovely car.
Old 01 November 2004, 12:47 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Cheers Matt. Believe me though, I've shed plenty of tears over this decision (even my wife was crying when I said I'm selling up!) but I need something reliable and affordable to do the journey each day (Southend) and a diesel or similar for a couple of grand would not only put me in a manic depressive state every morning at the thought of the souless journey but a cheap run around probably wouldn't be that reliable either (hence having to sell the scoob to pay for a reliable alternative).

Maybe I will rethink the decision and let my wife take mine to work but it'd be a really bitter pill for me to swallow and you know how much I love that car...

R
Old 01 November 2004, 01:21 PM
Jimmy Dell
Scooby Regular

I only meant 'don't do it' because it would leave me high and dry for spare parts if it goes!

Seriously though, if there's anything I can do to assist (block ) its sale let me know.

Trending Topics

Old 02 November 2004, 10:30 AM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Thanks Matt, your moral support softens the blow slightly....

Anyhow, I saw a couple of MR2's yesterday and whilst the dealers will do a deal on my Scoob I am still far better off selling privately hence I am now reducing the price to £10995 - this is the final price though - this is silly 'give away' money for a fantastic and sought after car. If it doesn't get sold then I will as you suggest swap with my wife and take her Roadster to work each day (she likes the idea of the DCCD in the snowy weather anyhow...the Roadster was all over the place last year)

Cheers,

Russ
Old 13 November 2004, 05:58 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Price again reduced...to £10,500 . I've done a week at the new job and I can't put the Scoob (or myself!) through this everyday. Just finding a Shell garage in Essex is stressful enough!

I've seen a few MR2's at dealers and one has offered me £9.5k as a PX on the R (the MR2 wasn't great though...) so if someone wants to offer a bit more for cash for mine I can take my pick of MR2's and you can grab yourself a bargain!

Come on guys, there's bog standard WRX's or V3 Type R's going for not much less than this now!

Russ
Old 15 November 2004, 05:53 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the 2 PM's guys but this car is still currently 'unsold' so keep those questions and offers coming!

Russ
Old 16 November 2004, 04:53 PM
Jimmy Dell
Scooby Regular

Cool

Top for Russ.