Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

306 GTI again -much cheaper

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2001, 09:12 AM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

I've been offered(and accepted) a price on my 306 by a garage, but its not brilliant so thought I'd offer it around.

Offers around 9500 quid now

Here's my previous add:
I've got a 98(R) 306 GTI6 for sale in Black. 24K miles, Full Peugeot history, full spec with 6CD changer, new tyres, brake pads, leather alcantarra interior, aircon, 4 airbags etc
Can email photos if anyone is interested, or more likely knows someone who maybe - I know most of you have fast toys already!

Asking £10200

Andy (07712)658872

or a_d_powell@hotmail.com

Old 20 April 2001, 10:33 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That price is still quite high, I used to have a GTi-6 myself, cracking car but you'll see similar ones to yours in Autotrader for 8500-8995.

Good luck in selling it, I found it a nightmare on my 97 P one, eventually went to a dealer for 6500 with 62k on the clock, then got the scooby

Neil.
Old 20 April 2001, 11:48 AM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Wink

Reckon I'm below most prices you'll see esp considering mileage/facelift spec etc
Old 20 April 2001, 03:48 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Hmmm, not so sure:

PEUGEOT 306 GTi
1998/R reg, 6 speed, diablo red, 6 CD changer, a/c, leather interior, fPsh, alarm, immobiliser, driver, passenger and side airbags, rain sensitive wipers, only 31,500 miles, family owned from new £8,100 Windsor (P)

Why not take it to Ecosse for the throttle body conversion and lower it, good for 200bhp and these things handle fantasically even just on lowered springs and torsions!!!!

Old 20 April 2001, 07:36 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Angry

Yeah whatever, I can see you're doing your best to help me sell the car.

I know, why don't I find lots of cheap scoobys for sale and post them all up. That way we can de-value everyones cars. Clever isn't it?
Old 21 April 2001, 06:56 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

I had the same problem with my GTI-6 when i tried to sell her (97R with 20k on the clock) got 9k a year ago from a dealer, they only just got rid a few weeks back (via another dealer ) which is a shame cos it was a great car if i had the cash id buy if just for a second fun car but i aint

Hope you sell her soon

Tony
Old 21 April 2001, 06:58 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh and they sold mine for 10k, just to let you know
Old 21 April 2001, 07:18 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

ADP,

I'm with you on this one. Discussing car prices on this BBS is bad news. No-one every responds well and they always tell you how little your cars worth. Best way to de-value any car, but especially Scoobies is to mention it on this BBS.

My advice is to use the Autotrader web site. Spend some time looking at similar cars and decide on a "realistic" price. If it's not much more than the dealers price take it otherwise use Autotrader to test the water. I initially used the magazine and found that you can spend a small fortune on advertising unless you set your price to something realistic. Don't expect the mag's sales people to tell you this - I found out the hardway.

After setting a decent price and £15 on the website, the car was sold within the week. Sticking to my "wanted" price only cost me on wasted advertising and weeks of no response.

Stefan

P.S. just sold my M-reg Golf GTI - only 40K miles, mint condition, serviced religously - sold for £4700
Old 23 April 2001, 12:17 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I'm not trying to devalue your car, just showing an example. I've just been through the process and I know its a nightmare, so I'm speaking through recent experience. Since I had the car and was looking at selling, I looked at the classifieds for months before selling and they really took a dive on the GTi-6 just b4 I got rid of mine.
What price did the dealer offer on your car? As I said, mine (a 97P), the most the dealer was offered for it by the traders was <B>6250</B> - I mean, you're having a laugh...... It was in mint condition with
Like I said, its a cracking car and good luck selling it, maybe haggle with the dealer?

BTW - Ozzy, the ad I quoted WAS from the Autotrader website and there were others on there of similar spec ranging up to just over 9k - thus I am also speaking from what other owners are advertising at and indeed following exactly what you said in your post.....

I'm not saying how little the car is worth, but pointing out it may be a little high. I reckon/hope you get about 9k for it privately - dealer wise you'll be looking less.