Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Cheap Track Day Car For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2004, 03:03 AM
DannyBoyTurbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Track Day Car For Sale

It is with deep regret that me and JimmyWRX have decided to sell the evil Pug.

Hope it goes to someone on here as would love to see it on the track again.

** Links to external sites are not permitted to advertise your item/s for sale**

Last edited by Redkop; 03 November 2004 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03 November 2004, 06:06 PM
DannyBoyTurbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So here it is...

This car is guaranteed to put the fear of god into anyone brave enough to drive it.

History and spec

It was originaly a 1.9 309 GTI. It was professionally converted 2 years ago by the previous owner to use as a dedicated track day car using an engine from the special edition Pug 405 Mi16. It was then fitted with fully adjustable Spax suspension, the brakes were upgraded to drilled and grooved disks, the interior was stripped, a race seat added and a four point harness installed.

The previous owner only used it for one track day before selling it to me early this year and sadly I didn't get the time to race it until August and then only a half day session at Snetterton. I did however put the interior back in and use it on the road for 2 months while my main car was off the road. It was great fun blowing away BMW's and GTI's and I can honestly say it was more fun to drive than my heavily modded Subaru Impreza. It has blistering performance and can spin the wheels in 3rd even in the dry. It also handles like a go-kart thanks to the race suspension.

Anyway on my last outing "something" happened to the rear brake pads giving the car a nice grinding and clunking noise. I haven't even had the wheel off to have a look but its definitely nothing more than the a new set of pads, a calliper at the most. It has sat in my drive for the last 2 months. The MOT and tax have expired and I had to nick the battery from it when my main car wouldn't start one morning.

The wife has put her foot down and told me to sell it so with deep regret its up for auction here. It was built for the race track and that is where its best off as its far to extreme for the road but having said that it shouldn't take too much work to get it through an MOT and the interior is already in there.

The car will be sold "as is" and must be collected. It has no MOT or Tax but it can drive if you bring a battery with you.

** Links to external sites are not permitted to advertise your item/s for sale**

You have been informed once about links to other sites, so please don't take the michael.
Regards Redkop

Last edited by Redkop; 08 November 2004 at 02:54 PM.