Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Another modded Legacy!

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2001, 09:22 PM
Richard Curtis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Still for sale and last chance b4 it's advertised in autotrader & free-ads,

92/K Legacy Turbo saloon, (4WD, 4CAM)white, vgc, FSSH, 12 months MOT and 2 months tax

260+Bhp (nearer 280 without cat), Hybrid turbo, Recently uprated clutch + brakes (EBV grooved + dimpled + greenstuff pads just bedded in), mongoose s/s exhaust, s/s bolt on cat (for MOT's)., prodrive air filter and induction box, competition actuactor, chipped + variable boost (running 13 psi but turbos good for upto 30!!).

Impreza Sti Alcantara seats, 17" TSW Imola alloys (5 off + originals)

Blistering performance @ £2700 (much quicker than my recently aquired MY97 turbo Impreza!)

The catch? rather high mileage (reps car b4 it was modded three years ago) but looks and drives fantastic, sad to sell but it's gotta go due to my impreza.

Poor quality photo's available

must be seen and driven to be appreciated.
Old 29 May 2001, 05:07 PM
Gordon is a ? Brown
Scooby Newbie

Richard, those brakes on your car - do they suffer from fade. I'd keep mine if I could get round the small matter of big-time brake fade. I've tried Redstuff on the normal disks, they weren't bad but wore out after 1,200 miles. Any tips without having to go the whole hog? I'm back on standard Subaru stuff now. Cheers!
(Also do the Impreza seats go straight in)
Old 29 May 2001, 09:58 PM
Luke
BANNED

Hope my new reds last longer.......
Old 30 May 2001, 09:14 PM
Richard Curtis
Scooby Regular

Gordon,

to be honest i haven't pushed them that hard since fitting to find out. They've probably only just bedded in (300-400 miles). It does stop much better now tho

Also, the last disks i had fitted were CNC drilled standard ones, these warped within 1 yr of fitting and i don't want to warp the EBV (or is it EBC?) ones before i sell the car by trying to finding out if they fade

Try calling motorsport engineering in Ross-on-Wye,
Old 31 May 2001, 10:55 AM
BRM
Scooby Regular

Gordon
I had a 92 Legacy turbo and had real problems with the brakes I killed oe spec stuff in 1000 miles the upgraded to EBC turbo groove drilled and grooved discs with red stuff pads these lasted 1500 miles but did not fade until I got to North Wales when they let go with lots of smoke and noise , I then changed the pads to Mintex 1144's these lasted 4000 miles and then I sold the car , the guy who bought it says they are still going strong , when I upgraded the brakes I also put Braided hoses and dot 5.1 fluid.
I am now driving a 95 Impreza which is running Braided hoses Brembo discs (cheap from scooby mania) and pagid blue pads and the stopping power is better than my mates MY00 withe the 4 pots .

Some food for thought

BRM

Old 31 May 2001, 04:11 PM
Gordon is a ? Brown
Scooby Newbie

Thanks chaps! PS Richard did you fit the seats yourself, I've been wanting some for a long time and can get hold of a set of STi's, just need to know they'll go in.
Old 31 May 2001, 04:59 PM
Luke
BANNED

Richard
What is the milage?? Also does it have Air/con??
Dont you guys think this warped disk biss is a bit much....... I am finding it very weird when the wheel starts to judder, I use turbo groove disks and red pads. Should we make a stand against EBC???? What is their opinion on the matter????
Luke.
Old 31 May 2001, 08:24 PM
Gordon is a ? Brown
Scooby Newbie

I thought all the Turbos had air-con, though could be wrong. My reds juddered the brake pedal like buggary when I'd given them severe abuse, but they still stopped the car without fade. A mate of mine is on Greenstuff which have lasted a lot longer, but he drives his like a ***** so doesn't need them and therefore obviously last a lot longer, I know he has done at least 6,000m on them.
It's a real pain in the **** because I want to keep the car, but don't want to go through loads of different brake pads to see which are good and which aren't. £100 for a set of fitted Reds every 1,200 miles isn't my cup of tea.
PLEASE someone tell me what to do.
Old 31 May 2001, 10:41 PM
Richard Curtis
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Gordon,

The seats were bought and fitted by the previous owner for £500 s/h (from a new imported sti for rallying purposes). The previous owner who fitted them said they went straight in on the same runners (I remember asking him the same question).

Regarding the brakes - will the impreza 4-pots fit (with 16 or 17" wheels)? If so I got a spare set of new calipers i can sell u if you like for a good price (you also need impreza 292mm disks). I know what u mean about keeping the car, I'm missing the nice leather touches, big boot and Q car status in my impreza.

Also, unfortunately they didn't all have air con and mine hasn't got it fitted

But there's a nice electric sunroof instead

My EBC turbo's haven't warped yet, i'm just trying to keep it that way

Luke - if your interested in the car drop me a mail and i'll send you more details with photos.
Old 31 May 2001, 11:30 PM
Luke
BANNED

Richard

Sorry mate but I need Air con(Like my windows up and doors locked here in London)

Other than that sounds good

Tried my brakes tonight. From 140 mph they stopped with no worries 3.times>yet I still get the shakes sometimes braking from about 60-70mph ?????? Got to be a problem ,brakes should not do this.EBC should sort this problem out.