Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

TANABE Sustec Pro Coilover struts

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2004, 12:40 PM
Cret
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TANABE Sustec Pro Coilover struts

For sale!

Tanabe Sustec Pro coilover race suspension for classicImpreza/Legacy.

4 Coilover struts with adjustable ride height and 12point adjustable damping.
These come with 3 pairs of different 2.25" coil springs rated at 180lbs, 250lbs, & 350lbs.

The front top mounts of these struts are also fully adjustable alloy items, with marks on them to show what settings they are at.

These are in good working order but the appearance in places is not great as the outside of the strut inserts has some chrome missing which doesn't look nice. This does not affect the performance however and the shocks work very well with the click adjuster making a very noticable difference to how easy/hard the shocks are to move in & out.

I am selling these because they are too hard for my liking, and I could not get them to feel how I wanted and I couldn't find anyone locally that is a boffin on suspension setups to help me with them. They worked really well at high speeds, but around town and on our bumpy Manx roads they were not to my liking despite me putting up with them for a couple of years. As I understand it this is the deal with coilover struts but personally I think it's more suitable for racing/rallying or maybe a car that gets used on track days etc.

Please note that these really are hard and I will not take them back because somebody buys them and then doesn't like how the ride feels!

These cost £1750 for a new set so because the shocks are hardly in mint condition (albeit working very well) I'm asking £500 for the set, including 6 coilsprings, and a C spanner for adjusting the ride height.
Postage will be at cost (I expect around £30ish).

Photos available if required to see condition etc.

PM me if interested or if you have any questions about these.
Cheers!
Old 22 November 2004, 12:45 PM
Cret
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cret
For sale!

These cost £1750 for a new set so because the shocks are hardly in mint condition (albeit working very well) I'm asking £500 for the set, including 6 coilsprings, and a C spanner for adjusting the ride height.
Postage will be at cost (I expect around £30ish).

Photos available if required to see condition etc.

PM me if interested or if you have any questions about these.
Cheers!
BUMP!!

I need some cash so these are now reduced to £400 ovno!

Hurry while stocks last!