Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

MYO1 250BHP WRX for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2001, 10:14 PM
Scoobyebye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I have just been made redundant and the wife and kids aren't worth much so as a last resort I turn to the Scooby.

Dutch Import - White - Full latest UK spec including buckets/ A/C CD etc. Also got white coded side skirts and scoobie sport filter, decat H&S downpipe and full exhaust( full standard exhaust included in sale). Massive difference in performance from the circa 250BHP, next to no insurance difference. Scoobie sport reckon it will out acclerate the MY 00 with same mods ??? Registered Mid march (Y) and just had 1000 mile service. Mobil one etc - cherished and will be missed until I am in a position to buy again. First to drive wil buy. No pleasure cruisers please.... £19995 OVVNO.
andy1taylor@aol.com
Old 06 June 2001, 09:51 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

So, £3000 more than you paid for it, and in white

Sorry, but a secondhand import, it's about a £14,000 job
Old 06 June 2001, 10:41 PM
Scoobyebye
Scooby Regular

Bought it from an importer as Ex stock car mid March - I wish I had got it for that sort of money, you'lle have to educate me as online autrader is full of X reg's (imports, higher miles) through garages for same price with standard 218BHP - then add mods, spraying, fitting etc £1500 - also just serviced and at 1000 mile, not so second hand. I'lle take it that you wouldn't be interested if I knocked off the £300 premium for metallic !!

If a two month old WRX is worth £14,000 with the mods it is only worth £12,500 without You don't work for Subaru UK do you ??

Same value as a Focus then If this where true the second hand market would be doomed.

Here are the facts having spent some time importing. Despite the claims you will pay about £18.5k for an ex stock import when you pay all the hidden costs - or you can wait months for one at £17 ish as you state. Add to this what I have spent and I have actually paid what I am asking and this seems to be what traders are charging for older cars with higher mileage. Will accept offers.

PS: Could have chose Red or Green but liked the white in the flesh - looks good with white spoiler light. Great with coded skirts.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Dave T-S:
<B>So, £3000 more than you paid for it, and in white

Sorry, but a secondhand import, it's about a £14,000 job [/quote]

[This message has been edited by Scoobyebye (edited 07 June 2001).]
Old 07 June 2001, 12:49 AM
MattN
Scooby Regular

mods don't add value to the car I'm affraid.

1000 miles or 100,000 miles it's still second hand.

You say your selling for what you paid for it, fair enough. But you have had it for 3 months and done 1000 miles. When you bought it it was therefore 3 months newer than it is now and had no previous keepers, and 1000 miles less. So, you want a free car for 3 months?? Sorry, ain't goona happen cars lose value all the time, allow for 2-3%/month depreciation in the first few months @ 18.5k that's 400-600 month (ouch). So Best price would be 17.4 more likely to get 16.8, and as I said the mods don't really add any value, just makes it more sellable as it's a bit different.

Plus you've got the problem that most buyers can afford to wait for the 17k jobbies brand new.

You could be lucky and get 17k, same as new one with no mods.

But 20k, sorry can't see it myself.

Good Luck.
Old 07 June 2001, 01:01 PM
MRK
Scooby Regular

Dave Autocar quoted a couple of weeks ago that the Used Car market price for EU imports is virtually the SAME price as for Used UK cars, due to growing confidence in dealer servicing and knowledge about EU imports being the same car!!

But saying that this price is to high, as you can buy a new EUimport for £18ksomething.

M
Old 07 June 2001, 01:28 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

scoobyeye
I wasn't trying to knock you, just reality.

I hope in your circumstances you can get the price you are asking....we will see.

There are two s/h WRX's at £19,995 on the dealer list on Subaru's website - one with only 100 miles. UK supplied WRX's will still command a higher price.

Today's market may reflect that you can run a Ferrari 360m for 2.5 months and get your money back, but not a Scoob......
Old 07 June 2001, 11:07 PM
Scoobyebye
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Dave T-S:
<B>scoobyeye
I wasn't trying to knock you, just reality.

I hope in your circumstances you can get the price you are asking....we will see.

There are two s/h WRX's at £19,995 on the dealer list on Subaru's website - one with only 100 miles. UK supplied WRX's will still command a higher price.

Today's market may reflect that you can run a Ferrari 360m for 2.5 months and get your money back, but not a Scoob......[/quote]

Dear All

Thanks for the mails and I accept what you are all saying. I think that UK and import prices are getting closer. At the end of the day they role off the same line and go to two different transporters. The dealers recognise this now as they risk losing on parts and servicing so value has gone up. The bit that shocks me being new to this is that you can upgrade the car and not get any more for it. I see that people sell second hand parts without any trouble so if I took off all the parts that I could the car would be worth no less but I could sell the full exhaust etc - I am not offended just very confused

Sad thing is - can't afford to keep it - can't afford to sell it (and don't want to) Had an offer of £18,500 the other day and from what you are all saying I should have bit their hand off.

Had a 225BHP Audi TT direct from ABT at 255 BHP. This did carry a premium against normal second hand value - the modified scooby is far quicker and raw fun.

My mate has an upgraded MY 00 and we put them both up against my other mates P1 in the interests of science.

No prizes for guessing - I drove the P1 - It's my next car when I get a job.

[This message has been edited by Scoobyebye (edited 07 June 2001).]
Old 07 June 2001, 11:37 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Wink

Andy

Hire a private detective to search out the guy that offered you £18.5K

TONY
Old 08 June 2001, 01:10 AM
RichieS
Scooby Regular

Bleh.. why, when people try to sell cars for X do others always say X is too high... you should be selling it for Y.

The people selling are going to realise that the price is too high if they dont get any uptake on it... doubt they need 101 others trying to pull all the prices down.

I have noticed this time and time again on all of the adds for cars... just gets me down thats all.

/rant off

Richie.
Old 08 June 2001, 01:47 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

And the moral of this story (and many others) is ..... don't advertise your car here.

I'm with Ritchie, but needless to say, you'll not get £18,500 from anyone here. Apparently, 1 month old cars are only worth peanuts (literally).

It ain't rocket science; 2nd-hand car prices are set by buyer demand. If everyone here starts (sorry, continues) to de-value prices, then how on earth is anyone going to convince a buyer of paying a higher price.

You can import most cars these days, but I don't see the likes of Mercedes/BMW's residuals dropping like the preverbial lead balloon. No wonder BMW are keeping their residuals, they don't have these bloody BBS's to shoot themselves in the foot.

Rant over.

Stefan

edited, coz I can't spell
Oh, and I'm off to bed now.

[This message has been edited by ozzy (edited 08 June 2001).]
Old 08 June 2001, 08:56 AM
Scoobyebye
Scooby Regular

Dear all,

The one thing I had figured out for myself pretty quickly is that approaching a site full of knowledgeable scooby enthusiasts is not a good way of selling your car unless you want to wrap it up with a big bow and present it to the one who can come up with the most damning response.

I also agree with the latter coments cos if this site is the hardcore enthusiasts it is you lot who are dragging the UK second hand market down. How many people hearing or seeing this sort of stuff would have paid higher if it wasn't for the tele, BBS, car mag etc. Bit of a shot in the foot for scooby owners. Most people on here probably own one so wouldn't everyone like to see resids up 10% - better if you buy another new one and more credibility - BMW, Audi etc are not known for being dumb - this is why I could sell a 1 year old TT and it only cost me £1000 to own FOR A YEAR.

Anyway - still want a job and a P1 - reduced it to £18,995 - will keep you posted on how I go on - lets hope we can see an upward trend.

Scoobyebye signing off.

PS - how the beep do you reply to these mails without getting the opiginal message in the reply - I deleted it this time.

Old 08 June 2001, 09:54 AM
gregh
Scooby Regular

You'd be best removing the 'extras', and selling them seperately if you can.

Good luck.

Greg
Old 08 June 2001, 12:24 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Scoobybye
Fact is dealers will try and load a high spec car and if a naive punter pays they're happy.

Take a car to them and they will tell you the upgrade is worthless, there are numerous examples in the archive.

Strangely upgraded cars are not universally welcomed. Many people are concerned they've had a hard life & prefer a std. car to enhance themselves. There is a ready second user performance parts market and this may be your answer.

If you scan the private forum you will see Dave has adopted this strategy, my own experience also supports this position. Best of luck with the sale & future employment.
Old 08 June 2001, 04:34 PM
Scoobyebye
Scooby Regular

Wink

Scooby sport ( hayward & scott) MY01 full decat exhaust and downpipe for sale and IPG filter system.

£18,995 - to include free Y reg MY01 WRX with 1000 miles - 250BHP.

Old 08 June 2001, 07:53 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

it's not a case of us members trying to de-value the scoobs.

time and time again I see newbies posting their cars for sale way over book price. It seems more to me not that we are trying to devalue scoobs but look out for people who are trying to buy a used car without getting ripped off. (not implying that scoobyebye is trying to rip anyone off). It's just that majority of these debates start with a newbie posting a car for sale thinking we know nothing about their value, half the time I bet dealers are posting anyway hence the higher price.

i agree a vendor will know if their car is overpriced by the response they get,

sorry but a handful of enthusiasts don't dictate the multi billion pound new/used car industry. what does have an impact is thousands of people buying cars, then selling them 3 months later. A car 3 months old has to be worth less than a new one, a dealer needs a profit margin, a private sale should be less than what a dealer would sell it for but more than a dealer would pay for it.

people come here to sell their cars, fair enough, it's a PUBLIC bulletin board, if you post something expect that some people may have a different opinion.

Probably is best to take off parts and sell seperately.

Right, pub...........

MattN
Old 11 June 2001, 04:53 PM
X SOOOBY
Scooby Regular

errr i dont think so no way will your my01 out accelerate my myoo. i have a scoobysport decat exhaust no other mods and on a trackday at bedford recently my my00 was catching pete croneys my01 on the straights granted on the twisty stuff he had me (allthough he has leda brembos and whatever else and my tyres were shot) but oh no the things people say to sell there cars
Old 11 June 2001, 06:48 PM
Olly
Scooby Regular

Sold my MY2001 last month. Dutch import with 2000 miles, as new and in the best colour (Deep Blue). Advertised in Top Marques for weeks, only one single phone call. Luckily the one guy who called bought it: I snapped his hand off at £16750.

Very glad to be out of it, as I have never lost my shirt on a car and wasn't about to, hence the sale. Give it 2 years: there will be some bargain MY2001's around then.

The heady days of rock solid Turbo residuals are over, sad to say. Am now in a 3 year old Mazda MX5. Looking forward to trickling depreciation and sideways summer fun.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 12 June 2001, 02:20 PM
Scoobyebye
Scooby Regular

Dear X Scooby

Funny you say about the sales techniques as it was actually MR Pete Scoobysport who told told me that it can out perform some. More a case of selling perfomance bits

HOWEVER - in the interests of science, and keeping strictly to the speed limits we have put the P1 and modded MYOO and MY01 against each other.

Result P1 - Bye bye
M00 and MY01 nothing in it on straight line, MY01 better down the lanes. (The guy driving the MY00 has competed in many rallies and sprints before you pin that on me)

The point to be made is that the original MY00 will leave the original MY01 for dead however with mods they even up. Even Pete will admit that they vary from car to car.

Anyway if the car is worth that little I can't afford to keep it so I will have to hold on and hope for the job.

As an aside is it worth chipping you car - does it screw up the warranty and does it hammer the engine ?

Anyone chipped an MY01 ??

Ta ta
Scoobyebye

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by X SOOOBY:
<B>errr i dont think so no way will your my01 out accelerate my myoo. i have a scoobysport decat exhaust no other mods and on a trackday at bedford recently my my00 was catching pete croneys my01 on the straights granted on the twisty stuff he had me (allthough he has leda brembos and whatever else and my tyres were shot) but oh no the things people say to sell there cars [/quote]

[This message has been edited by Scoobyebye (edited 12 June 2001).]