Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

1995 UK 5 Door Turbo 31K miles

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2001, 02:21 PM
Tim Skerry
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
September 1995 Green, a/c and all usual turbo refinements, long tax/MOT. FSH. Very recent new Subaru 16" Gold Alloy wheels/tyres and 2000 seats, Laserline Cat 1, 500BRU plate, Sony CD stereo. Only 31,000 miles, and all the history, bills and DVLC info adds up right. Stolen when 6 months old, but cosmetic damage only (nsf wing, bonnet, some glass paint and seats). Now immaculate, cleared and Autolign inspected. House purchase forces very reluctant sale. Save >£2.5K over top book price!
Offers around £7499 - which is the trade price for a 120K mile car of this age, so it really is a bargain basement way to get a turbo that looks, drives and smells like new!
Very well cared for and not driven hard.... There is a great anecdote from the service manager who was speaking to the original owner at 6 months/6K miles....
Owner
"The car has started making a funny whistling noise just recently"
Service manager
"Yes madam, that is the turbocharger, it makes that noise when it gets to 3,000 rpm".
So it has had a gentle life and is really just getting run in fully. It certainly gets better all the time.
It may offend some people on this site that the original tyres were still legal at 29,500 miles, it is still halfway through the original pads and the discs are original.
Any inspection welcome
Call me on 01904 423213

[This message has been edited by Tim Skerry (edited 01 August 2001).]
Old 01 August 2001, 04:15 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Hi Tim, nice looking car from the photos.

I see it's got a tow hitch? have you been towing anything major with it? as it will have stressed the engine more than normal driving.

Also, when it was stolen, did they park it into something to cause so much cosmetic damage?

Seems like an attractive price for such a low miler! :-)

Cheers
Matt
Old 01 August 2001, 04:40 PM
Tim Skerry
Scooby Regular

Matt,
Yes, well spotted. I had the towing hitch fitted (by Subaru) so I know it never towed anything silly before I got it. I used it very occasionally for a small trailer, and short distances, so the engine and everything else is fine. (As I will keep saying, my intention was to have kept this car for a long time, and it really has been looked after and not abused.) For the last year or two, even that function has been superceded as we have a Land Rover Discovery too. It is unfortunate that of the two, we cannot manage without the Disco (2 hulking sons and a new baby with all the clutter he entails).

Re cosmetic damage..... Well, of course it is a matter of degree (and openness on my part). There is no point in hiding the history as anyone buying it will find out, and then pull out. What I mean is that it has no structural damage that needed jigging or anything horrendous. That is what Autolign inspection is for, and the car is 100% straight.
I understand it was scraped on the nsf wing, and I that some idiot decided to jump on the bonnet as well.
With that history it will never be worth the same as a one lady owner special with the same miles, (Parkers say £9800 for that) but I need to sell it, to finance a move to London, and I hope the price is realistic.
Old 01 August 2001, 05:02 PM
Tim Skerry
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Tim Skerry:
<B>Matt,
Yes, well spotted. I had the towing hitch fitted (by Subaru) so I know it never towed anything silly before I got it. I used it very occasionally for a small trailer, and short distances, so the engine and everything else is fine. (As I will keep saying, my intention was to have kept this car for a long time, and it really has been looked after and not abused.) For the last year or two, even that function has been superceded as we have a Land Rover Discovery too. It is unfortunate that of the two, we cannot manage without the Disco (2 hulking sons and a new baby with all the clutter he entails).

Re cosmetic damage..... Well, of course it is a matter of degree (and openness on my part). There is no point in hiding the history as anyone buying it will find out, and then pull out. What I mean is that it has no structural damage that needed jigging or anything horrendous. That is what Autolign inspection is for, and the car is 100% straight.
I understand it was scraped on the nsf wing, and I that some idiot decided to jump on the bonnet as well.
With that history it will never be worth the same as a one lady owner special with the same miles, (Parkers say £9800 for that) but I need to sell it, to finance a move to London, and I think the price is realistic. [/quote]