Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Impreza Sports

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2001, 07:19 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I think it's time I moved onto better things by getting a Turbo so will be parting with my Sports MY98. It consists of :

17" speedline alloys
New tyres
Full main dealer service history
Fully electric
ScoobySport / TSL backbox
ITG Panel filter
£400 cat 1 alarm with autostart
100K on the clock but with FSH from dealer

Open to offers but have been quoted aroudn the 6500 mark. If anybody wants a part ex for a Turbo or wants to make me an offer then go for it ! Alternatively ring / text me on 07977 475 935.

Thanks, Jai.
Old 04 August 2001, 08:21 PM
sport special
Scooby Regular

Wink

Alright mate

Get the turbo

I am saving ma pennies for one as well, have you managed to get a good insurance deal.

Ta

Paul
Old 04 August 2001, 08:28 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,

got a quote for £793 from Tesco's under my Grandad's name (no NCB for me :-( !!) and it's only an extra £250 approx for a Turbo so I figured ..... what's stopping me ?! I'm 21 in a few days and quotes under my name are nothing less than £1600 with pass plus. They rise by about £200 for each extra driver and I need to name two others :-(

I had a quote for an import WRX but that was £1450ish.

I want a UK turbo preferably, don't want to start modifying it until I get some NCB under my belt.

You come across any good deals ?
Old 05 August 2001, 02:10 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Exclamation

As a piece of <B>GOOD</B> advice & well intentioned - do not consider getting your car insured "improperly". If they can find an excuse not to pay out - they will. Don't think they won't try to squirm out of insurance 'cos they will & if the get out was because of an accident that left someone paralysed that was arguably not your fault anyway, you might just find yourself liable to paying for that person's care for the rest of your life.

I'm not a kill-joy but potentially giving false information about the true insured risk is <B>NOT WORTH IT</B>

Keep the Sport, get some no claims bonus & then get a Turbo when you can afford it. F*** I'm 36 & enjoy it no-end - you've a long time ahead of you, so be patient a while.

Old 05 August 2001, 07:54 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks for the advice mate, I'm in two minds tho ! Each time I see a turbo it makes me want to rush out and buy one.

I can afford the car and insurance on my own name but the thing is that my Dad'd hit the roof if he found out how much I was paying ! You know what Parents are like when you're young "you don't need a flash car ...... blah blah blah " ! If they had their way I'd be driving a little Skoda favorit or something :-p

I've got my sport advertised for £7K in the autotrader - whether I'll get that is another matter. I would be paying £2100 for myself and my Grandad with me as main driver (licence for one year, no NCB)on 1 MY96 turbo. Is this a good quote ?

Surely there must be cheaper options ? A mate was on about trader policies - what are these ? I'm a director of a Limited company that does telecoms. / mobiles etc. but I got a feeling they won't cover anybody under 25 !

Any more help appreciated - donations welcome too ;-)