Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Advice needed Please

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2001, 06:31 PM
Gregcm
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

If anybody could give me some usefull advice i would appreciate it. I have been trying to sell my subaru for a couple of months now it is an imported sti type ra. I have drawn a blank every time it must be the price because the car is the dogs bollocks there is a full discription on the second page on this site it is under the heading {TYPE RA 555 FOR SALE}I have advertised it at £13500 Could anybody with any experience with subaru give me some advice at what sort of price I should be asking. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Greg
Old 03 October 2001, 07:08 PM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

Greg,

Sorry, not what you're wanting to hear but in todays market I'd have thought your car is priced at least £3000 too high?

It sounds a good one but the end of the day its a five year old car. I've seen 99 STi V available for around £15k. I bought my Scoob (UK Spec) brand new via Holland last year for under £16k all in.

The Jap import cars seem to be getting harder to insure which isn't helping the second hand market.

Good luck with the sale,

Ian.

Subaru Impreza WRX STI V-LTD 424/555 96 N-reg 36 thousand miles incl tax and mot & service history.The standard parts on the vehicle incl lightweight body, I/C water spray, Electronic diff control, quick shift gear box,STI strut braces front and rear,air vent in the roof that opens into wind,Signed seats by Collin Mcrae and his Navigator,air conditioning,Double din head unit incorporating CD and Cassette+tuner,and all the standard electrics ie windows, Other extras incl Kamimoto full racing exhaust {stainless} High line rear spoiler,Air intake which is fitted over the air vent on the roof I have never seen another subaru with the same air scoop on the road {but i am not surprised it came from STI in Japan and it cost a fortune},there are also fog lamp covers with the standard STI logo, all parts fitted are genuine STI,The vehicle has also got 17" gold speedline alloys which are as new not one scratch on them and they are fitted with new low profile 215/40 Yokohama tyres, as for the engine it has not been messed with it doesn't need touching once you have had a go in it you ill see why it is 280 BHP as standard it will excelerate in somewhere around 4.3 seconds to 60 MPH the performance is stunning, the bodywork and interior is in superb condition it must be seen to be appreciated, there is also a full car cover included, this car must sadly go my new house is almost ready, if interested reply here or e-mail me at scoobycm@hotmail.com The price is £13500 ono
Old 03 October 2001, 09:01 PM
MURPHY 280
Scooby Regular

I've had the same experience. Try anywhere BUT Scoobynet! I'll take 11k for my '99 T plated WRX - I can't give the f***ing away!
Old 03 October 2001, 10:22 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Greg,

I am afraid that the car is worth £7k trade and at best £9k private I would think. If you have any standard bits, you are better selling the uprated bits seperately and putting standard wheels, bodykit etc back on. STI V's start at £14k, 4's are around £12k, 3's make £10k and 1-2's £8-9k...

Good luck selling, sorry if you feel the prices are harsh, but have you tried to take the car to your local import dealer for a cash price (it will probably start 6 or 7 at a push)

Jon

BTW I have an older import too and am not trying to knock their values, I along with most people who ownened their cars for a while have lost more than they expected on the car! :
Old 04 October 2001, 11:12 AM
Tractor
Scooby Regular

Talking

Murphy, you have mail. Can you give me a phone number?

Cheers

Mike