Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

BMW 518i 6 months MOT £100

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2005, 07:52 PM
Steve V8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW 518i 6 months MOT £100

Bought this as a project, but have four other cars and have neither the space or time for it.

1990 BMW 518i.

MOT till August 12th 2005. Runs and drives. Starts first time every time even if it has been left for a long while.

I bought this car back back in December from ebay. The car does need some TLC, but even with the faults it does drive nicely. (It came back from Swansea to Yeovil when I bought it with no problems.)

I bought it as a project, but currently have too much other work going on to have the time and it is taking up driveway space, so I need it to go.

Engine wise the camshaft and tappets are noisy. I have a replacement complete cylinder head that will go with the car, along with a new head gasket and timing belt.

The gearbox and clutch work perfectly, the brakes work very well, but the pedal is a little low in comparison to my other E34 so I would guess it needs bleeding, The handbrake also needs adjustment, and the lever could do with replacement as the spring on the button has given out. (I may have a spare handbrake lever. If so I will include it with the car). The steering is fine, and there is no vibration from the front end at 55 - 60 mph as a lot of these cars have. The car shows 86,000 miles, but I doubt that is correct.

The interior is generally clean, although the front seats are just starting to wear through as they all seem to do. The car has 15" cross spoke alloys (not metrics). The tyres are all legal but I have a set of Pirelli P6000 part worns I got for it which can go with the car if required. (between 4mm and 8mm tread on these.)

There are a few minor scratches and dents but nothing too serious.

If you want a cheap runabout with six months MOT that can do 30 mpg round town I have no doubt this can fit the bill. Even if you didn't change the cylinder head the car is very reliable, and with the windows up you can't really hear the top end noise. Change the head and you should have a nice car that will happily hold 85+ mph on the motorway all day.

The car is not perfect by any means, but it is too good to scrap especially as it still runs and has six months MOT.

£100 no offers. The car is worth more than that (you could sell the wheels for £125 - £150) but I need it to go.

Car is in Yeovil, Somerset

steve.dwest@dsl.pipex.com

Click on pictures for bigger versions

The car is for sale on Ebay too.
Old 20 February 2005, 08:58 PM
Steve V8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOLD