Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

STi V5 for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2005, 07:47 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STi V5 for sale!

Car is an STi V5 on an S plate - first registered late 1998.
It was imported by Futurautos 01/11/02 who are a well established company dealing in newer STi's / Evo's
Bought from Futurautos by an SIDC member in Kent, then bought by Sam in August 2004. Sam's a Scoobynet member and buys and sells a few cars. The Kent owner sold it to Sam in PX for an 03 STi she ws selling - if that makes sense!
I bought the car 12/9/04.

Its my 5th scoob and is in outstanding condition, I wouldn't have bought it otherwise as I do chop and change a fair bit and that means buying a good one helps! I also know these cars inside out so a bit more reassurance!

There isnt a single pin dent on the car and everything works as it should do and drives faultlessly. Paintwork is spot on all round and I wash it every weekend. My neighbours think im a sad **** Pics of the engine bay show all the red manifold paint in tact which is always a good sign. If its falling off its an indication of age / mileage. Interior is dust free as im picky about stuff like that Seats are like new and the back ones look like they have not been used Wheels are like new and tires have plenty of meat on them.

HPI Clear and obviously have the log book etc.

Im reasonably well known on here, and im sure many will vouch for the condition of the car. It turns heads wherever you take it...

When I got the car there was no MAF sensor issue, but I bought a new one as a matter of course and also a new 02 sensor and had a major service (all fluids etc) Just had a service including new front / back pads, cambelt, plus etc...

Had a new ABS unit in late 2003 fitted by Barrets and cost £1500 which indicates no expense spared. These are known to fail from time to time... Geometry and alignment has recently been checked and adjusted, but was pretty much ok anyway.

Just hit 40k miles
Usual STi spec, elec folding mirrors, red winged seats, forged pistons, red top engine, 280bhp, big rear wing, fog covers etc etc...

Mods:
17" OZ Super Leggera's in great condition with nearly new Toyo's (not shown)
Prodrive carpet mats
Clear indicators all round
Green Panel filter
HKS Headers
HKS resonated centre and Hiper backbox
Type R Suspension setup (Eibach springs and stiffer STi dampers)
Star earthing kit (improves smooth running)
Kenwood Mask headunit (was about £350)
Will also come with a box of millers octane booster - which importantly, all the owners have used on it. It does not det with OB as its been checked with det cans.
To sum up, about a couple of grands worth of quality bits

Any faults?
Where the stereo hole is double din size and I have fitted a single din, there's a gap underneath. This is easily sorted with a £20 Din pocket but ive not got round to fitting one. The car also didn’t come with the usual front strut brace – these are purely cosmetic looking at the design of it. Also no Jap S/H which is pretty normal Other than that you won't find a better STi5 and the price cancels these minor bits out IMHO.

Im not after offers on the car, its a struggle enough to warrant selling it as I really love it. May put it back to standard and sell it for less but NO offers on any parts for now please.

£9800 which is damn cheap for what was a £24000 car when new. I can be got hold of via PM, or in the evenings on 07884 388360. Its advertised elsewjere for £9950

More pics to come.

MB