Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

M reg WRX RA,,,454bhp £5000

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2005, 09:16 AM
WRX wrx WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M reg WRX RA,,,454bhp £5000

Right, some of you may remember this advertised a few months ago. I've been busy and its just been sat in a corner at a relatives house looking sorry for itself. As described below it has a few oil leaks and a coolant leak + now the alarm is playing up so cant get it started. As to a few of the questions last time the engine did not go bang, it still started fine with no smoke, knocks or rattles, i am no expert mechanic so make what you like of the oil/coolant leaks, all i can tell you is what i know, i'm not here to rip anyone off and if the engine had gone bang i would tell you about it.
Anyway, basically i'm sick of looking at it so "THE FIRST PERSON WITH £5000" can take the damn thing. Dont even try offering less as i'll just walk away. This must be the bargain of the year and it takes the p**s the amount of money i'm going to lose in a short space of time, but hey thats life!

I'm sure most of you already know that this car was owned by a certain scoobynet member who did a fantastic job of building it.
I bought the car a couple of months ago for £8500 and have had some serious fun in it as it is completely crackers !!!
Sadly it developed a few oil leaks and a coolant leak and i bought another toy in the mean time and basically its sat for the past few weeks and i've just lost all interest and cant be bothered to do anything with it.
The oil leaks quite bad it drips on the headers and billows smoke out so i would'nt suggest driving it far. Car still starts and runs fine.
Mot till feb 06 and around 3 or 4 months tax.
A little about the car.
Custom 2.5 conversion with modified heads/block, Mitsubishi GT30 hybrid turbo, H & S downpipe, 3.5" Special HKS Hiper Exhaust system, race headers (only set in uk), lateral performance 5 paddle clutch, uprated gearset, autronic ecu with launch control and anti-lag,, racing 8 plugs with large denso coil packs, apexi front mount intercooler, greddy blow off valve, 850cc injectors, billet sx fuel regulator, motorsport pump.
Currently road mapped to 1.8 bar with optimax and octane booster, Dyno'd 454bhp/440ftlb @ 1.45 bar of boost, estimated 500bhp+/480ftlb @1.8 bar
Apexi boost controller, defi link system gauges, 6 point roll cage, cobra drivers seat and harness. Done around 6000 since build, car is plain white with black alloys, no fancy bodykit,spoilers etc bodywork is'nt the best in the world.
As i said above i've lost interest and it does'nt deserve to be just sat here.
Located in s****horpe N/Lincs
I can be contacted on 07875150629
Old 23 August 2005, 09:45 AM
Michael Robinson
Scooby Regular

Please don't take offense mate, but have you considered braking the car ? as from your list, you seem to have some very good toys, which i am sure would be snapped up right away (for example the inter cooler). ?

If not, posting pictures up of anything usually helps with a sale, people like to see what they are buying.
Old 23 August 2005, 12:52 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Worth the $$$ in parts alone.
Good luck.

ps what is the spec of the gearbox?

Graham.
Old 23 August 2005, 12:54 PM
WRX wrx WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Michael Robinson
Please don't take offense mate, but have you considered braking the car ? as from your list, you seem to have some very good toys, which i am sure would be snapped up right away (for example the inter cooler). ?

If not, posting pictures up of anything usually helps with a sale, people like to see what they are buying.
I've certainly been considering it yes,,if it does'nt sell i quite probably will as its got to be worth it,,,,,, I'll try and get some pics sorted and put them up.
Old 23 August 2005, 12:55 PM
WRX wrx WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 911
Worth the $$$ in parts alone.
Good luck.

ps what is the spec of the gearbox?

Graham.
Cant quite remember what gearset the guy said he had put in, it certainly copes well though.
Old 23 August 2005, 12:58 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

I offered you that months ago

Shame, I quite fancied it but moved onto pastures new now.

Good luck with the sale

Chris

Last edited by chris singleton; 23 August 2005 at 01:11 PM.
Old 23 August 2005, 11:54 PM
WRX wrx WRX
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by chris singleton
I offered you that months ago

Shame, I quite fancied it but moved onto pastures new now.

Good luck with the sale

Chris
Ah well should have kept trying, i might have gave in in the end, as i have now.
Nobody up for a bargain then ?

Trending Topics

Old 24 August 2005, 12:10 AM
pele
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX wrx WRX
Ah well should have kept trying, i might have gave in in the end, as i have now.

Part Ex ????
Old 24 August 2005, 07:37 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

LOL, I only sent you about 10 PM's, you stopped replying in the end!!!!!!
Old 24 August 2005, 10:45 AM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris singleton
LOL, I only sent you about 10 PM's, you stopped replying in the end!!!!!!
The same here m8 with another car he was selling. Mucked me around for weeks about it. I told him I would take the car and asked him if he could arrange to get it transported up for me (he had already enquired about this).

I waited.....no reply...contacted again....no reply...so on.

He knew I was desperate to get the car sorted out. I still have received no contact. If the car was not for sale anymore then it would have only been good manners to say "sorry it is not for sale" instead of just deleting my PM without a reply.
Old 24 August 2005, 12:43 PM
WRX wrx WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by VAL113R
The same here m8 with another car he was selling. Mucked me around for weeks about it. I told him I would take the car and asked him if he could arrange to get it transported up for me (he had already enquired about this).

I waited.....no reply...contacted again....no reply...so on.

He knew I was desperate to get the car sorted out. I still have received no contact. If the car was not for sale anymore then it would have only been good manners to say "sorry it is not for sale" instead of just deleting my PM without a reply.
This is a forsale thread not a public moaning thread,,,if you want something you get of your **** and go fetch/buy it. Not my fault you cant organise yourself. I'm not into all this "oh i've got first dibs" " and i've got second dibs" etc etc ,,,,as far as i'm concerned its the first person with the money.
I'm very sorry you did'nt get a reply but once i'd sold it i had no need to be on here for a while. If you want have a good moan at me for it then feel free but please go do it in the general section or something
Old 24 August 2005, 12:47 PM
WRX wrx WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pele
Part Ex ????
Will consider P/X so long as theres somecash my way (unless its something very interesting : ) ),,,and theres no silly prices.
Old 24 August 2005, 01:45 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

Jees get a grip of yourself !

I was the first guy with the money but you just disappeared after I told you I would take it, without the manners of saying sorry it was sold. I PM and emailed you about 5 times afterwards which all went unanswered.

This is a forsale thread not a public moaning thread,,,if you want something you get of your **** and go fetch/buy it. Not my fault you cant organise yourself. I'm not into all this "oh i've got first dibs" " and i've got second dibs" etc etc ,,,,as far as i'm concerned its the first person with the money.
I'm very sorry you did'nt get a reply but once i'd sold it i had no need to be on here for a while. If you want have a good moan at me for it then feel free but please go do it in the general section or something
Old 24 August 2005, 02:35 PM
WRX wrx WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by VAL113R
Jees get a grip of yourself !

I was the first guy with the money but you just disappeared after I told you I would take it, without the manners of saying sorry it was sold. I PM and emailed you about 5 times afterwards which all went unanswered.
"If you want have a good moan at me for it then feel free but please go do it in the general section or something"

Is there Something not clear about that ???
Shall i come but in on one of your threads and start arguing/complaining ?
Car got sold, get over it.

RIGHT ANY INTEREST IN THIS CAR OR IS IT GETTING BROKEN UP FOR SPARES ?
Old 25 August 2005, 12:56 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

If you do split it, let me know a price on the boost controller if its an AVC-R. I'll have 1st dibs, even though you don't do that

And also a price for the engine, complete less manifolds

cheers
Old 25 August 2005, 01:09 PM
FB Tuning
Former Sponsor

Hi,

I may be interested in this.

Please can you send some pics to ric_cope@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Richard
Old 25 August 2005, 05:59 PM
WRX wrx WRX
Scooby Regular

Pics sent, if i'm gona have to break it i'd like some serious offers on the big/expensive stuff first, ie, engine,gearbox,turbo,ecu etc
Old 25 August 2005, 08:26 PM
pele
Scooby Regular

Pics sent, if i'm gona have to break it i'd like some serious offers on the big/expensive stuff first, ie, engine,gearbox,turbo,ecu etc

You have private message !!!!
Old 25 August 2005, 09:16 PM
FB Tuning
Former Sponsor

No pics arrived - Could you try sending them again.

Thanks
Old 25 August 2005, 09:33 PM
cts5555
Scooby Regular

Still for sale?? can u mail me pics please mate. Where is the oil leak coming from?
Old 25 August 2005, 10:18 PM
WRX wrx WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cts5555
Still for sale?? can u mail me pics please mate. Where is the oil leak coming from?
Yeah sure, PM me your e-mail addy and i'll get some across to you. Oil leaks coming from 1 rocker cover gasket + somewhere underneath which is hard to locate.

FIESTABOY just sent pics again.
Old 25 August 2005, 11:10 PM
tath
Scooby Regular

can you mail me some pics to tathjones@yahoo.com pls?
Old 27 August 2005, 01:03 PM
WRX wrx WRX
Scooby Regular

bttt
Old 27 August 2005, 02:50 PM
axgt_bwaii
Scooby Regular

dont bother with WRXwrxWRX he sounds mardy on the phone. i called to enquire about parts and was quite rudely spoken to. put the phone down with out saying bye or **** all

could he have been on the job?
Old 27 August 2005, 06:57 PM
tath
Scooby Regular

bttt
No pics then?
Old 27 August 2005, 07:09 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right, some of you may remember this advertised a few months ago. I've been busy and its just been sat in a corner at a relatives house looking sorry for itself. As described below it has a few oil leaks and a coolant leak + now the alarm is playing up so cant get it started. As to a few of the questions last time the engine did not go bang, it still started fine with no smoke, knocks or rattles, i am no expert mechanic so make what you like of the oil/coolant leaks, all i can tell you is what i know, i'm not here to rip anyone off and if the engine had gone bang i would tell you about it.
Anyway, basically i'm sick of looking at it so "THE FIRST PERSON WITH £5000" can take the damn thing. Dont even try offering less as i'll just walk away. This must be the bargain of the year and it takes the p**s the amount of money i'm going to lose in a short space of time, but hey thats life!

I'm sure most of you already know that this car was owned by a certain scoobynet member who did a fantastic job of building it.
I bought the car a couple of months ago for £8500 and have had some serious fun in it as it is completely crackers !!!
Sadly it developed a few oil leaks and a coolant leak and i bought another toy in the mean time and basically its sat for the past few weeks and i've just lost all interest and cant be bothered to do anything with it.
The oil leaks quite bad it drips on the headers and billows smoke out so i would'nt suggest driving it far. Car still starts and runs fine.
Mot till feb 06 and around 3 or 4 months tax.
A little about the car.
Custom 2.5 conversion with modified heads/block, Mitsubishi GT30 hybrid turbo, H & S downpipe, 3.5" Special HKS Hiper Exhaust system, race headers (only set in uk), lateral performance 5 paddle clutch, uprated gearset, autronic ecu with launch control and anti-lag,, racing 8 plugs with large denso coil packs, apexi front mount intercooler, greddy blow off valve, 850cc injectors, billet sx fuel regulator, motorsport pump.
Currently road mapped to 1.8 bar with optimax and octane booster, Dyno'd 454bhp/440ftlb @ 1.45 bar of boost, estimated 500bhp+/480ftlb @1.8 bar
Apexi boost controller, defi link system gauges, 6 point roll cage, cobra drivers seat and harness. Done around 6000 since build, car is plain white with black alloys, no fancy bodykit,spoilers etc bodywork is'nt the best in the world.
As i said above i've lost interest and it does'nt deserve to be just sat here.
Located in s****horpe N/Lincs
I can be contacted on 07875150629
Hmmm why has this *bargain not been sold yet?...
Old 27 August 2005, 07:13 PM
WRX wrx WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by axgt_bwaii
dont bother with WRXwrxWRX he sounds mardy on the phone. i called to enquire about parts and was quite rudely spoken to. put the phone down with out saying bye or **** all

could he have been on the job?
If i could fecking hear you it might help, ever thought that reception might have been crap ? or did that not cross your mind?,whats with the attitude,,,,i've said i are'nt going to break it unless there are some serious offers on the engine/box etc + what did i say that was so rude ?

tath , i've sent pics,,,i'll send them again now,,,let me know if you dont receive them again or i might be in trouble with grandad above for not being polite enough again.
Old 27 August 2005, 07:22 PM
tath
Scooby Regular

If i could fecking hear you it might help, ever thought that reception might have been crap ? or did that not cross your mind?,whats with the attitude,,,,i've said i are'nt going to break it unless there are some serious offers on the engine/box etc + what did i say that was so rude ?

tath , i've sent pics,,,i'll send them again now,,,let me know if you dont receive them again or i might be in trouble with grandad above for not being polite enough again.
sorry mate didn't get them - can you try tathanjones@tiscali.co.uk as well if you don't mind?
Old 27 August 2005, 07:24 PM
WRX wrx WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SCOOBYD00
Hmmm why has this *bargain not been sold yet?...
Could be because a certain minority seem to be more interested in putting pointless ******* posts up than actually buying the thing.
I'm not having a go at anyone specific,,but this is a forsale thread and there seems to be more crap about people moaning at pointless things than there is about the car in question. I are'nt happy about losing £3500 in a few months so i'm sorry if i dont roll the red carpet out for people.

Is anyone genuinely interested or should i just delete the thread and forget about it because i'm sick to death of it.

Has anyone received pics yet ? as i have sent them to all that have asked. If no ones got them then there is obviously something wrong at my end.
Old 27 August 2005, 07:26 PM
WRX wrx WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tath
sorry mate didn't get them - can you try tathanjones@tiscali.co.uk as well if you don't mind?
Sure no probs. I'l do it now.

Quick Reply: M reg WRX RA,,,454bhp £5000