Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Bike for WRX/UK Turbo Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2005, 12:26 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike for WRX/UK Turbo Swap?

I sold my '95 WRX in March to buy this bike, but am now regretting it as I miss the scoob so much.

Main reason is that I do a lot of low mileage stop/start journeys, and as I always wear full kit its a bit of a pain. Also if the missus goes out in the car leaving me with kids, I am stranded and need 4 wheels*2 again!

Therefore I am going to sell the bike and buy a scooby again, but before I do that I thought I'd see if anyone fancied a swap - my bike plus cash.

I am looking for a MY95-MY98 saloon WRX/UK Turbo ideally modified to 260+ bhp, but will consider anything.

Bike:

Suzuki SV650s K3 - '53 plate in silver, not sure of miles have to check but under 6k.

Lots and lots of mods:

GSXR 1000 rear shock - tidies rear end
Power Commander 3 with remap - 75bhp as opposed to standard 69
Devil Carbon can - road legal with removable baffle
Ermax hugger
Pyramid undertray
Tail tidy and mini-indicators (indicators not on pic)
Full Balglux kit
Fenda Extender
Recent Bridgestone BT020s
Aluminium Rad & Oil Cooler covers
Crash Bungs

Only bad bit, otherwise near enough perfect is the fact that soon after I had it, I was involved in a low speed slide due to morons in cars in front causing me to lose front end under braking. I had to replace lhs mirror, indicator, footpeg and gear selector. The crash bung took the brunt thankfully. All thats left to be fixed is a small crack on the fairing to the left of the headlight - £150 fix, and replace the lhs crash bung.

This will cost £200 and restore the bike to near enough mint. These two things are purely cosmetic, mechanically the bike is perfect and a lot better a ride than a standard SV.

Ask any questions you like, I have lots of other photos but no recent ones - I will take some to show the fairing damage, which is nothing to worry about.

If anyone is seriously interested I can arrange to fix the fairing my end, its just the guy who does it around here always seems to be busy so I haven't got around to it.

ianjeffery@dsl.pipex.com

or leave message/question here.

Cheers,

Ian.