Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Is nobody after Type R's at the moment?

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2005, 01:12 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is nobody after Type R's at the moment?

Been trying to sell mine for 2 or 3 weeks now, in VGC and perfect running order with a 320bhp Tek3 remap (by Bob Rawle), decat, induction kit, tasty Whiteline suspension bits and fairly rare Rays/STI wheels.

Quite surprised there hasn't been more interest to be honest. When I was looking around to buy it they were as rare as hens teeth, especially ones in good condition like this one.

Any ideas? I don't think it's overpriced comparing it with others which have been advertised recently.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=453260

Cheers
Old 19 September 2005, 01:17 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

i've been thinking the same thing, everyone you see for sale just doesn't sell which is probably why i will keep mine for a while longer.

nice car though, best of luck with the sale
Old 19 September 2005, 01:58 PM
Hol
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I sold mine in 6 days.
Advertised on the Sunday, sold the following Saturday.

It was a pretty car though and I miss it.

I got a few stupid offers, a serious trade UP offer, one other good offer and one particular buyer who travelled a few hundred miles down on the Friday night with his family, so they could see it the next morning. He bought cash and drove it away.

It is rare I know, but that was only 6months ago. So it could still happen.
Old 19 September 2005, 02:39 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Iwan
Been trying to sell mine for 2 or 3 weeks now, in VGC and perfect running order with a 320bhp Tek3 remap (by Bob Rawle), decat, induction kit, tasty Whiteline suspension bits and fairly rare Rays/STI wheels.

Quite surprised there hasn't been more interest to be honest. When I was looking around to buy it they were as rare as hens teeth, especially ones in good condition like this one.

Any ideas? I don't think it's overpriced comparing it with others which have been advertised recently.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=453260

Cheers
It's a lovely Scooby that's had all the right things done to it mate. I suspect it's just a case of the fact that it's a buyers market for cars in this price bracket at the mo.

I would suggest that being an import with 4 owners people are naturally a bit weary. Some info on when it was re-mapped and the prev owners may help alleviate some people's fears. I think people's main concern is that they're going to get one that -although obviously well looked after by you- may have been abused at some point in the past. You could get a reputable company to do an engine diagnostic including a compression test and make ref to it in the advert. Personally, I think that kind of thing should be the buyers responsibility, but when its a buyers market, it can pay to go that extra mile.

I don't think its over-priced, but maybe dropping to 11k will get the punters rolling in.

NS04
Old 19 September 2005, 02:55 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Hmmm, all good points.

I know the previous owner had it for a year and apart from having it serviced by Keith Price Subaru in Abergavenny he didn't do anything to it. I don't have any history for it beyone then unfortunately.

When I bought it, Bob Rawle had a look over it for me (he lives just down the road). Other than a dead lambda sensor the engine was running perfectly, he hooked his laptop up to it and all was looking good. I replaced the lambda immediately, and put a new MAF sensor on as a precaution even though the original was working fine. The oil and water both still look like oil and water, i.e. there's no head gasket problems etc. It's never leaked any fluids whatsoever since I've owned it, it's garaged every night and the garage floor is clean.

The Tek3 was carried out by Bob on 16th May 2005, there were no problems with anything like the fuel pump or boost solenoid (which sometimes show up during mapping runs). It ran 320bhp and just over 300ft/lbs on the Dyno at WRC Technologies (Silverstone) a week later, I have the graphs showing boost/lambda readings etc on the power runs. I guess I could also ask Bob if he'd have a look over it if he has chance, at my expense of course.

I'll update the ad a bit tonight reflecting the above, and put a few more dates/details in.

Cheers

Last edited by Iwan; 19 September 2005 at 03:01 PM.
Old 19 September 2005, 05:07 PM
andy_scouser
Scooby Regular

I think scoobies are still in demand, just not that much demand on a site where most people already drive them.
I have been very lucky selling cars, I spend my time finding the right one, drive it without abusing it and looking after it. I always advertise them (mostly impreza's or big twin turbo jap cars), and one of my mates gets wind of it and ends up buying the car. Nearly all of my freinds have owned or currently do own one of my cars.

Not one of them has ever had a problem with them either, and its nice to see your old cars driving around too.

just a thought.
Old 19 September 2005, 07:58 PM
dazzaTypeR
Scooby Regular

I've been considering changing mine, seen the one's advertised and they are all of a very good standard. Does the amount of owners really make a difference. I bought mine from a showroom in Cyprus and imported, I'm still the only owner and it is as standard apart from Prodrive wheels, Ninja stainless zaust and gauges. 47k and fully service history from Graham Goode, never missed a beat. Would this make it as desirable as a modified one.
Old 19 September 2005, 09:21 PM
RAF1
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

It will sell - just give it time - all depends on whether some1 is after a car like yours.. A mate of mine sold his STi-6 Type-R last months through ebay of all places..
I'd try it on there and also put an ad in Autotrader/Top Marques if you haven't already..

Raf.